WN Mechanics seek mediation

20 line stations.
plus an additional 8 stations with GSE only.

WNMECH said:
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/aircraft-maintenance-technician-and-related-union-requests-federal-mediation-with-southwest-airlines-after-nearly-three-years-of-unproductive-bargaining-300109178.htmlDespite enjoying record profits last year of $1.1 billion, Southwest Airlines refuses to have meaningful negotiations with its Aircraft Maintenance Technician and Related union ‑ the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) ‑ prompting the union to request federal mediation from the National Mediation Board (NMB).
After your inflammatory comments on the AA pilots forum with a person someone as yourself I get their side!

Ridiculous.

Just because you and your USAPA groupies disagree with anyone who believes that the 9th circuit was correct, doesn't make my comments inflammatory.

You want to see me be inflammatory, stick around.

The observations I posted in your low oxygen bubble, were tame.

You guys should come out of the bubble and breath some fresh air, you will find that not many people support the tactics of USAPA.

If you think my tame comment to the discussion was inflammatory, are you going to now denounce the responses to it that tried to denigrate me personally and used words like "nutcase" and "clown"?

yeah, I didn't think so.

WNMECH said:
Ridiculous. Just because you and your USAPA groupies disagree with anyone who believes that the 9th circuit was correct, doesn't make my comments inflammatory. You want to see me be inflammatory, stick around. The observations I posted in your low oxygen bubble, were tame. You guys should come out of the bubble and breath some fresh air, you will find that not many people support the tactics of USAPA.If you think my tame comment to the discussion was inflammatory, are you going to now denounce the responses to it that tried to denigrate me personally and used words like "nutcase" and "clown"?yeah, I didn't think so.
As far as my observation, I totally get your managements decision in your case, thanx for making it for me ! Good luck you will need it!

As far as my observation, I totally get your managements decision in your case, thanx for making it for me ! Good luck you will need it!
http://www.dallasnews.com/business/airline-industry/20150706-southwest-airlines-mechanics-seek-federal-mediation-on-contract-talks1.ece

Southwest said it welcomed the opportunity to continue negotiations, but said it had seen little movement or flexibility from the union.

Southwest mechanics now have “an industry-leading agreement, and they will certainly have an industry-leading agreement when these negotiations are concluded,” it said.

Thanks, but we don't need luck, we work for a living and don't need to create fake unions to sidestep final and binding arbitration.

Read the words.
USAPA and the East pilots could use some of these traits.

AMFA_logo.png

Reactions: 1 person
WNMECH said:
Southwest mechanics now have “an industry-leading agreement, and they will certainly have an industry-leading agreement when these negotiations are concluded,” it said.

We do not have an industry leading contract.  UPS does.  He is wrong about that because yes UPS is still in our very exact same industry.  The company just hates to compare any group to UPS and says the reasons why are because they fly packages.  The mediator for the dispatchers case was able to get SWA's leadership to use the UPS dispatchers in mediation ,hence the huge raise they received. Our nego team and the economist should all be doing the same during mediation.  Where SWA screwed up big time was they could have had two top groups at SWA done and in the bank with average rages that were offered by the mechanics and the pilots.  Now they will endure the cost of mediation as well as both groups increasing their asks as other groups have since increased at the other airlines and soon UPS will be done with their nego's for a new contract as they too have been talking for a couple years now and soon will be done.  Same with the pilots, they could have had them in the bag at 3-5% and now the pilots will be comparing to the new delta increases, and they will be asking 15-20% now.  See what delaying new contracts get you?  Better comparos to use...

Yes SWAMT you are correct, there are higher paid AMTs at UPS.
There are not higher paid AMTs in our INDUSTRY (the passenger airline industry).
Semantics.

Btw, there is no cost to mediation.
It is paid for by your taxes.

http://www.amfa11.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Mediation-Filing-Louie-Key.pdf

The cost of mediation services from the NMB is covered by our tax dollars and there is no cost for the Union or Company for their services. We may see additional travel expenses if we have to travel to Washington D.C. for negotiations, but often the mediator will assign locations other than Washington D.C. to conduct negotiations.

Are you saying that you agree with the company?  Mechanics are mechanics.  Servicing aircraft, repairing aircraft, ect...  Plus we (passenger airlines mechanics) are responsible for many many human lives while the UPS mechs are responsible for 2 pilots and millions and/or billions of packages.  A rather huge difference.  Just the way I feel.  When considering us as a passenger airline then we should be givin more consideration for the much more responsibility factor, just like all passenger airline pilots do when they nego rates of pay due to the larger aircraft they fly, because their responsibility for many more passengers increase...

Are you saying that you agree with the company?  Mechanics are mechanics.  Servicing aircraft, repairing aircraft, ect...  Plus we (passenger airlines mechanics) are responsible for many many human lives while the UPS mechs are responsible for 2 pilots and millions and/or billions of packages.  A rather huge difference.  Just the way I feel.  When considering us as a passenger airline then we should be givin more consideration for the much more responsibility factor, just like all passenger airline pilots do when they nego rates of pay due to the larger aircraft they fly, because their responsibility for many more passengers increase...
I am saying exactly what I wrote.
We are the highest paid mechanics in the passenger airline industry, and still will be after our next contract, nothing more.
I am all for using your logic at the negotiating table.
That does not make my statement incorrect.

Reactions: 3 people
MUTATIS MUTANDIS said:
After your inflammatory comments on the AA pilots forum with a person someone as yourself I get their side!
This is one of the statements on another pilots' union board to which WNMECH is referring. He still hasn't learned to not interfere in other unions' affairs. I stand by the statement. Judge for yourselves: 

[SIZE=12pt]"One of the first lessons I learned over three decades ago as a member of organized labor was to stay out of other unions' business. SWA pilots are preparing for a strike. Their mechanics are asking for mediation in a contract that was amendable in 2012 and this clown, WNMECH, who has never learned that lesson is posting his opinion here. If he had something new, I would be open to it, but, it is just another biased opinion."[/SIZE]

CAVOK said:
This is one of the statements on another pilots' union board to which WNMECH is referring. He still hasn't learned to not interfere in other unions' affairs. I stand by the statement. Judge for yourselves: 

"One of the first lessons I learned over three decades ago as a member of organized labor was to stay out of other unions' business. SWA pilots are preparing for a strike. Their mechanics are asking for mediation in a contract that was amendable in 2012 and this clown, WNMECH, who has never learned that lesson is posting his opinion here. If he had something new, I would be open to it, but, it is just another biased opinion."
Agreed !

WNMECH said:
I am saying exactly what I wrote.
We are the highest paid mechanics in the passenger airline industry, and still will be after our next contract, nothing more.
I am all for using your logic at the negotiating table.
That does not make my statement incorrect.
Hey man, throttle back a little.  I never said your post was incorrect. And we both agree on on the logic. I was just asking if you were in agreement with the company for not using UPS mechanics wages and ours or any passenger airline. That's all, but I think I now have it...

CAVOK said:

"One of the first lessons I learned over three decades ago as a member of organized labor was to stay out of other unions' business. SWA pilots are preparing for a strike. Their mechanics are asking for mediation in a contract that was amendable in 2012 and this clown, WNMECH, who has never learned that lesson is posting his opinion here. If he had something new, I would be open to it, but, it is just another biased opinion."
WNMECH said:
Exactly.

The 9th made its thoughts known on this issue without tying the hands of the SLI arbitrators.
The new East committee, (minus USAPA) are free to bring whatever list they want but 9th ruling was meant to influence the arbitrators without usurping their authority.
That is the reason behind this:
12 We decline to order the issuance of the West Pilots’ requested injunction “that an unmodified Nicolau Award must be used to order the seniority of the East and West pilots in the pending McCaskill-Bond process.”

The 9th removed USAPA, but left it open to be a fair process to all three groups.

The West got exactly what they needed from the 9th.
A ruling that USAPA was in violation of the DFR, that the Nic should have been used all along, and a fair unfettered arbitration can still continue (preventing more legal problems).

The East guys are delusional if they think the arbitrators wont consider the mountains of evidence that everyone else sees.
The 9th ruling is powerful evidence that the Nic should be used to some extent in aligning the East and West before then combining with the AA.

These arbitrators know that if they throw out the Nic, they ultimately increase the likelihood that their own future rulings could be ignored.
Why would arbitrators try to undermine the arbitration system?

No matter what list the East brings now, the damage has already been done to them by the 9th.
This is the little post I made that got you to offer me your 3 decades of lessons learned.
How could this post threaten your little world so much, hmm?
You guys just cant handle the truth and it just burns you up that everyone else can see it.

Now you follow me to this discussion to bring your wisdom here or to just be a troll?
You both are showing exactly how thin skinned you are and how scared that your little USAPA world is crumbling all around you.
My post was accurate and pertinent to the discussion at hand. Your USAPA tricks have come to their end. It is very entertaining watching you get what you deserve.
If you have anything to add that is relevant to the topic in THIS thread, you are welcome to add your voice here as I will continue to post my opinions to any topic I please.

Maybe it wont take you 3 more decades to learn that you don't control who posts what, where.

I almost stooped to the tactics you all use on your super secret, exclusive, union only, private, name calling, pilot thread, but decided to show more class.

Reactions: 2 people
swamt said:
Hey man, throttle back a little.  I never said your post was incorrect. And we both agree on on the logic. I was just asking if you were in agreement with the company for not using UPS mechanics wages and ours or any passenger airline. That's all, but I think I now have it...
No problem.
Glad I could clarify.

As you can see, I have attracted a couple of gnats who not only think they can control the destiny of all legacy American West pilots, but also can keep anyone from disagreeing with them on a public forum.
Sad folks indeed.

Reactions: 2 people