WN Mechanics seek mediation

Well dgaf, you hit that one on the head. We came in at 1.27, with a 743 million profit. Co. saying we lost about 100 million over the blade fiasco and freeze in advertisements.
I was concerned too with the economics coming in this Q2 reporting. However, it was quite a bit better than what I was expecting. Heck we even topped AA's Q profit. They made 11.56 billion in earnings but only reported a 550 plus million for Q2. So I was pretty happy with the 3/4 billion profit we reported. Co. also saying we will make it up in the Q3.
dgaf, I'm not so sure the mediator will put us on ice. I am thinking they still need to get Hawaii up and selling by end of year, so I am thinking the co. will want to settle ASAP in order to keep that on track as promised by co. Plus with all the investigations going on from the FAA, DOT and others.
I keep asking myself, is the current offer reasonable with the 6 year pay freeze and then the added 5 year contract? So for 11 years, is 12.80 a reasonable or acceptable offer?? That's 1.16 per year. I'm thinking the total should be around 16.5 for the course of the 11 years.
The longer we wait the more no votes I am hearing and now I am leaning more so towards. But as promised, I will still give the RS's a fair shake and ask a lot of questions on going forward, but I will not allow the co. scare tactics of being put on ice sway my vote either way. My opinion is, we've held out this long for full retro, scope and etops why not finish this thing out with being made whole with a true 3% for each and every year of the 6 years past (compounded) and the outgoing years including the final year like we had last contract, which is another concession from the last contract.
Pretty sure with the UPS AIP coming out soon, the AS rejection of their T/A, seems we are being left a little behind.
It will be totally up to the co. but they can settle easily if this is voted down. If they choose to put it on ice (of course they will blame the mediator) then it will just show how they disrespect our group of Southwest Airlines employees that they continually say they always take care of. It time for them to show us and prove that they really do care for the employees...
Why does everyone think you need a contract to prevent the company from doing ETOPS, Feds just care that you follow your procedures. It could get interesting.

Why does everyone think you need a contract to prevent the company from doing ETOPS, Feds just care that you follow your procedures. It could get interesting.
When it comes from the feds mouths you have a tendency to believe it. This no contract issue is a human factor in their eyes. More than a few of them have stated without a a contract they will not buy off on Swa's etops plan. Why do you think getting a deal became a priority for the company? Being the right thing to do has never crossed their mind I assure you.

When it comes from the feds mouths you have a tendency to believe it. This no contract issue is a human factor in their eyes. More than a few of them have stated without a a contract they will not buy off on Swa's etops plan. Why do you think getting a deal became a priority for the company? Being the right thing to do has never crossed their mind I assure you.
Our Local Fed just said it doesn't matter, and Cramer at the road show says us having a contract or not will not stop ETOPS because we asked him, he stated the same thing at our last local 4 meeting. So if people think it gives us leverage by spreading rumors it does not.

Our Local Fed just said it doesn't matter, and Cramer at the road show says us having a contract or not will not stop ETOPS because we asked him, he stated the same thing at our last local 4 meeting. So if people think it gives us leverage by spreading rumors it does not.

So you used to think he was a buffoon and wanted him gone. Now you cite him as a source to bolster your dubious claims. That’s rich.

So you used to think he was a buffoon and wanted him gone. Now you cite him as a source to bolster your dubious claims. That’s rich.
I don't like the guy because he is arrogant , you guys can choose to believe what you want, but it does not change facts, vote however you see fit. I don't spread false rumors, ask the negotiating committee yourself.

I don't like the guy because he is arrogant , you guys can choose to believe what you want, but it does not change facts, vote however you see fit. I don't spread false rumors, ask the negotiating committee yourself.
We CAN choose to believe what we want. A couple of weeks ago you didn't believe a thing the committee said and now it is Gospel. The truth is Rex you're a company man and you're trying to push that agenda. I know because I have talked to a lot of mechanics that know you.
I just talked to a fed? Please you could be a little more believable than that.
The negotiating committee is out of the loop and are not front line employees anymore. No worries though your vote won't count because I will nullify it. Good luck with the sup job!

We CAN choose to believe what we want. A couple of weeks ago you didn't believe a thing the committee said and now it is Gospel. The truth is Rex you're a company man and you're trying to push that agenda. I know because I have talked to a lot of mechanics that know you.
The negotiating committee is out of the loop and are not front line employees anymore. No worries though your vote won't count because I will nullify it. Good luck with the sup job!
The agenda is to vote I don't give a **** how you vote, I don't think who you think knows me, but rest assured I will keep my seniority and keep my lead job.

And now you know, "the rest of the story". LOL.
No way. He's on an agenda? Can't be...

Ask yourself this question Max7 if we had the ETOPS language in our existing contract, now it is in the new contract. Why would AMFA threaten a Federal lawsuit to stop ETOPS flights and not follow a grievance processes all the way up to arbitration. Because a Federal judge would ask you that question? There are procedures, not well we skipped all these steps and want a Federal injunction.The negotiating committee told us we can't stop the company from ETOPS.

Pretty sure with the UPS AIP coming out soon, the AS rejection of their T/A,

What airline is AS- I would think Alaska, but they have a contract I Thought?

Ask yourself this question Max7 if we had the ETOPS language in our existing contract, now it is in the new contract. Why would AMFA threaten a Federal lawsuit to stop ETOPS flights and not follow a grievance processes all the way up to arbitration. Because a Federal judge would ask you that question? There are procedures, not well we skipped all these steps and want a Federal injunction.The negotiating committee told us we can't stop the company from ETOPS.
Wow it took you all night to come up with this? Weak at best. After hearing from your peers about what kind of person you are rex anything you say doesn't mean squat. Get back under the desk and pat yourself on the back about your accomplishments.........seniority and being a lead.........awesome.

Wow it took you all night to come up with this? Weak at best. After hearing from your peers about what kind of person you are rex anything you say doesn't mean squat. Get back under the desk and pat yourself on the back about your accomplishments.........seniority and being a lead.........awesome.
What peers dipshit, you don't know me, crowsfoot, funny how,he disappeared and you showed up.

What peers dipshit, you don't know me, crowsfoot, funny how,he disappeared and you showed up.
Wrong again. It must hurt to know you're not the legend you think you are. Believe me there are plenty of ex mdw guys who think you're a company suck. Let it go while you can rex. You're just making yourself look worse and worse.

Wrong again. It must hurt to know you're not the legend you think you are. Believe me there are plenty of ex mdw guys who think you're a company suck. Let it go while you can rex. You're just making yourself look worse and worse.
Keep guessing who I am drives you nuts, I see you like useless conversations, wonderful talking to you. It's amazing how you Dallas guys have it all figured out, I see Phoenix is getting a new hangar, maybe you and your buddies can go to Phoenix or Houston , good luck stupid.

Last edited:
Back