Wtf Happened In Phl Today?

Imamec said:
Then tell me this, where is the management paid to supervise these people?

[post="199750"][/post]​

Oh, I get it, MANAGEMENT = BABYSITTERS....makes sense now.

I feel bad for the passengers in Philadelphia, I really do.

I think about them often while I'm enjoying a hot cup of coffee and a cigarette in between flights in Pittsburgh.

Sometimes I think about them as I walk along the clean ramp amongst decently maintained equipment.

Sometimes I think about them while watching Mainline and Express marshall in planes from the apron like a well-choreographed musical number. Easy to enjoy such a production from any one of the well-kept gates in the airport.

I often think about them when I go home, noting the large number of excited and smiling passengers either arriving or departing from this former hub for US Airways.

When this nightmare is over, I hope the powers that be in CCY consider what they have missed out on here in Pittsburgh. I'm sure the passengers in Philadelphia already do.

US1YFARE said:
Oh, I get it, MANAGEMENT = BABYSITTERS....makes sense now.
[post="199759"][/post]​

Narrow minds = narrow comments!

No, management does not equal babysitting. However, the fact remains that part of their job is to know where their people are, and what they are doing. Why have front line management, if they are not going to be responsible for the front line employees? I would bet you could have some group in India doing most of the paperwork they do, so if it's not a matter of interaction with the employees, why even have them?

Oh, I get it... Management = a warm body stuck in an office, collecting a paycheck! Makes sense now.

tadjr said:
From 10news article "U.S. Airways said a new shift is on the job Monday to help passengers get their luggage on time.

Airline officials said they don't expect the problem to happen again."

This is also an interesting take from the company regarding the shortages. We had a schedule change yesterday, BUT, a work schedule change today. Even in TPA we had flights that werent covered because no one in (management) bothered to notice that the staffing for the old flight schedule did NOT correspond to the new flight schedule for yesterday. Hello! I would think that would be a managers job to make sure the staffing was right when the schedule changes. Its been like this for years though and I'm not one bit surprised something like this happened AGAIN! The agents ended up redoing the schedule yesterday with the people we had to cover ALL the flights and we were taking invols as well!! If you're going to play a manager then you need to be held accountable. I'm tired of covering their ineptness.
[post="199006"][/post]​

Didn't you know? It's our job to make sure they do their job correctly. As a matter of fact, I was just told this past week (in so uncertain terms) that it's MY responsibility to make sure my supervisors or local management does their job, but does it correctly. In other words, the job they are responsible for doing, if done incorrectly, is ultimately my fault. What a load of crap!!! If I do something wrong, I am held accountable and if they do something wrong, I am still held accountable.

PineyBob said:
Not knowing the person named US1Yfare I think it would be safe to say he or she is a customer. Which makes that posters opinion valid. MOre valid because he/she PAYS for his ticket.

Remember the "Golden Rule" Those with the Gold make the rules.
[post="200026"][/post]​

WineyBob, maybe your mother never told you, but there is a little thing called humanity! Just because you pay someone for a service, does not make it OK to abuse that person. You're thinking slavery! Sorry, that's been outlawed!

Besides, 78 bucks for a round trip ticket to FL doesn't quite seem like 'gold' to me. There seems to be a bit of confusion on this topic, like that anybody paying bus fare, for an AIRFARE, should be able dictate our life style. Are you by any chance the sort that clips his toe nails in first class, leaving them lying on the floor? Or maybe the guy that likes to stick his empty beer can in the lav, so we have to risk life and limb, by going fishing up to our elbow in blue juice that may have an old needle in it? Or maybe you prefer peanuts, the kind still in the shell, God knows how many piles are cleaned up at the end of some flights, kind of like some dive bar after a busy night! I could go on, by why bother, the point is the same... Bus fare gets you a ticket, not subservience!

On the plus side, I'm sure you'll have a few employees stand with you, and start posting how wrong I am.

PineyBob said:
1. You took the job! No one holds a gun to your head. If you can get a better deal? DO IT! for yourself not anyone else.
2. Customers define the wage/cost structure of EVERY business transaction in the world. Why do you think Greyhound went into BK at least once? Airfares got so low it dried up alot of their business.
3. News Flash! The business changed! Airlines used to be a great place to have a career, now they suck. Get over it.

Just like Tom Hank's character in "A league of their own" said, "There's No Crying in Baseball" Well there's no crying in business either.
[post="200073"][/post]​

Actually, I agree with many of your points, although it hurts to say so!

1. I took the job when it was a career, sorry to bore you with my pain!

2. Customers may have the leverage now, but wait until you've gotten your wish for 'dried up' business. This dry up will eventually amount to fewer carriers, and then what, higher fares! Back in your court, you will pay a fare that can transport you from point a, to point b, at your loss, not the airlines! Once they have bled the employees for all they can, not only will you have to pay a real fare, but the employees left won't be kissing your butt no more!

3. You're 100% correct. Things have changed, we're now in the process of getting over it. Again, sorry to bore you with our pain!

It must have been impressive to see you at your bottom, (BK filing you brag about) how quick you said oh well, and moved on. Quite the hero you were, telling your creditors to kiss off, and getting right back to life. Congrates to you my friend!

Say all you will about business, and you 'feeling our pain!' The facts will rule, as you so rightly point out, and we'll eventually get on with our life. Meanwhile, you will pay more, for less service, and one day it will be you saying how much you miss the 'good old days!' Be sure to let us know how that works out for you, we can't wait!

PineyBob,

Just curious, what happened? I watched the list, you were onboard for a while after I posted my last memo, why the silence? Could it be because you don't know how to come back? I mean after 4005 posts, you must have something to say!

I'm sorry if I took away your ability to kick us while we're down, telling us how wrong we are, and how we need to suck it up, as you did! After all, you are so right, we work here, so we must like the beating. Go ahead, tell us again how stupid we are! It's business, right!

Jennyann said:
:down:
You should remain seen and not heard.......Nobody here needs your ignorance or negativity!
[post="199943"][/post]​

Guess what, I DON'T CARE. You can easily silence me by using the ignore feature.

And, thankfully, although they are very disturbed and upset about what is happening, most of the FA's I encounter want the airline to survive and work hard to make flights very pleasant.

I don't set your fares--your management does. I have yet to purchase a$78 fare to florida. Instead, I still get gouged on flights to PIT, DFW, MOB, etc., etc. Don't blame the customers for the low fares. Most very FF's would agree that $29 fares are insane. US should have rationalized fares a long time ago.