You Have To Wonder?

Checking it Out

Veteran
Apr 3, 2003
Amfa has set a pattern of deception and half-truths to make you believe they have more cards then they actually have. Here are a couple of articles to show the pattern.

From Minn. newspaper March 16,2001 by John Gallagher
AMFA has already collected signature cards from 50 percent of mechanics at United and American. That's enough to force a new representational election, although Delle-Femine wants to get to the 60-percent level to withstand challenges and to be sure of winning.
The union also has organizing drives under way at Delta, TWA, Spirit Airlines, Federal Express, and several other carriers. It probably won't win at all of them, but setbacks haven't stopped AMFA yet.

From Amfa National, July 3, 2003
We are happy to report we now have signed cards from 54% of US Airway Mechanic’s and Related.

Amfa continues on a trail of deception, they had a video posted on the card count website and now have removed it. And the National has written a letter about the card shortage and now is asking for more cards. Here are a couple of comments from the two areas.

From Amfa National Feb.4, 2004 by Terry Harvey
I can tell you that at this point in time the authorization drive is still several hundred cards short of reaching its goal. If we do not collect more authorization cards during the month of February, we will miss our filing window.

From the Amfa Tulsa website on Feb 11, 2004
The card count page will no longer be available for public viewing. The cards continue to come in from the mailings, and from organizer effort during one-on-one communication. Please continue to collect signed cards and submit them as soon as possible. Final Audit on cards will be conducted between March 1-5, 2004.

Amfa has been reporting out wrong numbers and apparently the organizers are upset about the card numbers. They have been inflated and the numbers reported are inaccurate and are about 2000 cards short of what is needed to call for an election. Several of the organizers are pretty upset about the lies they have been told. Several have taken off their shirts and have been complaining about the 40 dollars they paid to continue the drive with the assumption they were only a few hundred cards away from calling an election.

How can this be? Amfa is a few weeks away from supposedly calling for an election and the organizers have been asked to double their efforts, when in fact with the shortage 2000 cards and numerous cards dropping off there is no way the organizers can possible collect enough cards.

The saga continues, they have not only fooled the potential members and organizers they have pulled the wool over the National eyes? Or have they? Amfa National is famous for lies, deception, smoke and mirrors and half-truths!

You have to wonder?

If I was an organizer I have to wonder how much kool-aid I have to drink before I realize Amfa continues to lie and never will be able to speak the truth. You need to ask why do I support an Organization that is willing to do anything to get a card signed?

If I was an organizer I have to wonder about the news lately about all the outsourcing going on at the Airlines Amfa represents? With 11,000 members on the street how could I believe it would be any different at AA?

If I was an Organizer I think I would be re assessing my position and realize my job is in jeopardy if I support Amfa?

If I was an organizer I have to wonder why management is supporting the efforts of Amfa?

If I was an Organizer I have to wonder? Why Amfa is not threatening a strike at NW, United or Alaska as they continue to outsource work. After all, the shirt I wear does say they represent 8 Airlines. They should be able to stand up and show they care?

You have to wonder? If I remain an Organizer, How can I look in the eyes of my fellow Brother or Sister and ask them to sign a card knowing he has a high probability of being laid off with the track record Amfa has? After all Amfa has come out openly saying the scope clause is worthless at AA.

If I continue as an Organizer what will happen to my Family and my community? After all Amfa has already allowed 4 Maintenance bases to close?

If I continue, I have to wonder!

CIO;

Keep telling yourself that, keep wondering.

How would you know how many more cards they need?

If you read the first article you posted it said "AMFA has already collected signature cards from 50 percent of mechanics at United and American. Then it goes on to say "That's enough to force a new representational election. Obviously the reporter made a typo or misunderstood what he was reporting otherwise he would have said "That's enough to force new representational elections at both carriers.

On the accusation that the company is aiding AMFA how do you come to that conclusion when the fact is that the company has been providing financial aid to the TWU for years. I'll back my accusation up with facts, can you?

So why dont you ponder on this for a while: Why does AA provide financial aid, over $1,000,000 annually to the TWU? What do they get in return for their $1,000,000 annual investment? Could it be $660,000,000 in concessions?

We have to pay dues to the TWU whether they do anything for us or not, but why should the company give our union over $1,000,000 a year? One thing you can be sure of is that they are getting their moneys worth which is more than I can say the members are.

Truth is CIO, "IF YOU WERE AN ORGAINIZER" you would have a big L on your forehead due to the fact that the TWU will never be able to organize for the M&R at any airline for eternity. I'll be you never took up my recommendation to go organize at NWA "while the iron is hot", did you?? Rob

CIO,

You keep wondering, and I'll keep collecting cards. Ah, another 30 today thanks to the Team twu roadshow yesterday. Can you bring them back again soon, I want MCI at 500 cards. :up: :up:

Get plenty of Kleenex ready CIO, you're going to need them.
While reading your posts the words just seam to blur into Blaa, Blaa,....BAAAAA,
BAAAAAAAAA!!! :lol:
GOD I CAN'T WAIT TILL AMFA FILES. YOU'RE PROBABLY GOING TO SOIL YOURSELF!!!

Checking it Out said:
From Minn. newspaper March 16,2001 by John Gallagher
AMFA has already collected signature cards from 50 percent of mechanics at United and American. That's enough to force a new representational election, although Delle-Femine wants to get to the 60-percent level to withstand challenges and to be sure of winning.

Yes and in 2001 they filed at UAL and were 6 cards short because cultist like you decided to add non-dues paying management workers to the list. Kind of like the twu adding non-dues paying Eagle subsidary workers to a list during a AMFA filing at Eagle. Let me ask you, have you started to collect dues from these folks yet or should we file charges against Jim Little and John Kerrigan for failure to enforce its dues collection policy per the constitution. :shock: :shock:

amfaman, Looks like the system worked, amfa faled to get th required cards at both locations as determined.

Can anyone tell us how many times you have heard out of amfa national or an organizer they have reached the 50% mark? It is hard to keep track of the lies!

Bob the article wes written three years ago that you are refering to.

I ak you! The information has been reported out by the organizers at several stations. Go ask the key amfa organizers and ask that information be posted that says other wise! Or are you a common cultist that spews out non factual info? Stand-up and show us? I have listened, and this is what is being discussed, That Amfa at AA has determined the card count has been inflated to give the perception to the organizers that they have more cards than they actually have! Amfa is 2000 cards short by their own internal organizers reporting out! Is the the truth? I have no idea, amfa is the one who has come up with a 9600+/- number they need! Not us or anyone else! If this is true then what the organizers are claiming they have about 7600 valid cards! which is short of the 50%, So the majority is still in the TWU hands.

If I was an organizer and seen the counts in the 12th hour and find out that I have ben lied to! I would be very upset to the point, I would do the samething so many are doing and go back to my box and say I have given amfa a shot and they continue to lie!!!!!

Checking it Out said:
amfaman, Looks like the system worked, amfa faled to get th required cards at both locations as determined.

Can anyone tell us how many times you have heard out of amfa national or an organizer they have reached the 50% mark? It is hard to keep track of the lies!

Bob the article wes written three years ago that you are refering to.

I ak you! The information has been reported out by the organizers at several stations. Go ask the key amfa organizers and ask that information be posted that says other wise! Or are you a common cultist that spews out non factual info? Stand-up and show us? I have listened, and this is what is being discussed, That Amfa at AA has determined the card count has been inflated to give the perception to the organizers that they have more cards than they actually have! Amfa is 2000 cards short by their own internal organizers reporting out! Is the the truth? I have no idea, amfa is the one who has come up with a 9600+/- number they need! Not us or anyone else! If this is true then what the organizers are claiming they have about 7600 valid cards! which is short of the 50%, So the majority is still in the TWU hands.

If I was an organizer and seen the counts in the 12th hour and find out that I have ben lied to! I would be very upset to the point, I would do the samething so many are doing and go back to my box and say I have given amfa a shot and they continue to lie!!!!!
CIO;

The sad part is that the tactics you are using here are the same ones that failed at NWA, Alaska, Horizon, SWA, and UAL. Maybe thats one of the reasons why we have been in a steady decline for over twenty years. The fact that you guys cant cope with or adjust in order to find a way to lead your members to a better standard of living.

We will see what happens. To me overstating the card count does not help because it makes it more likely that those who you have successfully intimidated will not fill out a card, why bother if they have enough?

One of the drawbacks of relying on Grassroots organizing, and I brought this up to Delle a few months back, is that there can be incorrect information coming out. Organizers who have not been trained can make mistakes such as over at USAIR and base their conclusions on common sense instead of taking into account the convoluted rules that have been put in place to make changing unions even more difficult than getting a union put in place for the first time. Common sense would dictate that only those working under the contract should be eligible to vote or call for an election for representation. Are those who the company, the IAM and the NMB threw into the UAL vote all now entitled to AMFA representation and paying dues? You say the system worked, so you praise the fact that management over at UAL was allowed to particpate in the choice of unions that the workers get? Why am I not suprised? Because you are obviously a Company unionist. Only a company unionist would favor such a "system" that keeps company unions in place.

While there was an arguement, a weak one at that, saying that since management had seniority rights over at UAL, that they should have a voice in changing the union no such link is present here at AA. I think that any real unionist would be against allowing management the right to pick the union for their workers but one thing we know for sure is that if management were the sole determiner of what union workers had we would all be in the TWU! No other union is this industry is more friendly and accomodating to management than the TWU. The Workers Undoing

Can you feel our hot breathe on your neck yet TWU? We're right behind you and we're getting ready to pass, signals made and the right of way is clear. Here comes AMFA!

Amfa Organizers have stepped up the miss-nformation, Apparently they drank the amfa kool-aid Saturday! With the card count losing steam and threats and intimidations have increased its evident that Delle has given a directive! Yes Master is the word today!

Just a reminder go read the first post!

NWA losing 100 members per month! United losing 250 members per month! Thanks to the assistance of Amfa!

I seem to remember not to long ago about Amfa wantabes bragging about being in control! It is now obvious that Delle is pulling the strings (Tulsa puppets).

goebbels.jpg

CIO, the TWU big lie has been exposed!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love it when they say "We got the cards boys!"...then they send me a nice bumper sticker and a card to sign...hmmmm...overkill I think. I'll just return mine, since they already have what they need....HAHAHA

CIO, quote;

"Amfa Organizers have stepped up the miss-nformation, Apparently they drank the amfa kool-aid Saturday! With the card count losing steam and threats and intimidations have increased its evident that Delle has given a directive! Yes Master is the word today! "

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

How silly of me or anyone for that matter to try and engage this CIO person in any serious dialog.. Valid questions go unaswered or are met with a short rude and incorrect response, how sad that people cannot exchange information because deep down we all want the same thing for ourselves our families and those that will follow us in the profession..

I would just love to hear your answer to what we can do to heal the rift in our membership and build a strong base of support, something people can believe in and vote for.. Go ahead please enlighten us now..

Jim-

Checking it Out said:
Amfa Organizers have stepped up the miss-nformation, Apparently they drank the amfa kool-aid Saturday! With the card count losing steam and threats and intimidations have increased its evident that Delle has given a directive! Yes Master is the word today!

Just a reminder go read the first post!

NWA losing 100 members per month! United losing 250 members per month! Thanks to the assistance of Amfa!

I seem to remember not to long ago about Amfa wantabes bragging about being in control! It is now obvious that Delle is pulling the strings (Tulsa puppets).
The ONLY missinformation is coming from the twu flyers/mail outs and your posts. Read my e-mail to jim little and tell me where I lie! Your comments are the perfect example of the fear that the twu international and all their loyal puppets feel over the coming election to have AMFA remove the twu from AA property.
Why do you post that the card count is losing steam? Every time the wonder team of teamtwu makes a mail out we get more cards. Only a coward such as yourself would spew lies and expect them to turn into truth.
Just sit back in your union office and watch the calendar because AMFA will be here before you know it and you will be out of a job as a puppet. :up:

Hey Ken, get over yourself. No one really gives a hoot about your e-mail to Mr. Little you published in what, 3 or 4 boards, for all to read. Ken babe, you're a lot like Bob, you write more than anyone, including your fan club, will ever read.

Are you running for office in the local that doesn't exist yet?

Latest posts