Amfa Fails To Get Election At Aa

twuer said:
I agree Bus! But try telling that to Ken and Bob and few others on this board who think that using an alias is the cowardly and unaccountable way of going about things!
OK.......Ken and Bob, We like to use our alias on this forum. What does it really matter?? The craft unionists will never change the mindset of the industrial unionist and vice versa. Did you really ever think you would come to this forum and change any members mind. I like the info. It comes through good and bad on both sides. Sometimes I really get a kick out of some of the posters that come through......scab scrapper for example <_< I will never forget we are all in this together. I've been following the AMFA for the last 15 years and I will always believe they are the way for us to go. As far as the twu/AMFA debate goes on this board, I will play on the level the opposition is on. Why not, it's what makes me happy!!!!!!!! :up:

Keep the Faith.......AMFA NOW!!!!!!!!!

Stop the Bus..I Want Off! said:
OK.......Ken and Bob, We like to use our alias on this forum. What does it really matter?? The craft unionists will never change the mindset of the industrial unionist and vice versa. Did you really ever think you would come to this forum and change any members mind. I like the info. It comes through good and bad on both sides. Sometimes I really get a kick out of some of the posters that come through......scab scrapper for example <_< I will never forget we are all in this together. I've been following the AMFA for the last 15 years and I will always believe they are the way for us to go. As far as the twu/AMFA debate goes on this board, I will play on the level the opposition is on. Why not, it's what makes me happy!!!!!!!! :up:

Using an alias when making personal attacks is what I object to. If you bring forth points of view and debate issues under an alias fine, nothing wrong with that, but to go after someone personally while hiding behind an alias shows poor charecter and is indeed cowardly.

Using an alias is a very good idea. There are to many people out there who think the AMFA/twu debate is more than a buisness decision!! Besides, It's a lot more fun this way!! :up:
There is no backlash in the truth. It will always prevail!!!!!!!

It is more than a business decision busBOY. Were talking about the likely scenario of a lot of people losing there jobs if amfa were to succeed in their raid here at AA. It gets down to trying to preserve one's livelyhood. We're talking about a lot familys losing it all, to a bunch of whiney, egotistical, wouldn't be happy no matter who they had for representation, bigots like yourself. I for one do not want to have to visit one of these for instructions on how to sign up for unemployment benefits, nor am I interseted in participating in one of these.

Want to fix a BUS??? Now you can, and the amfa will show you how! :shock: Click here for more information.

Strake said:
It is more than a business decision busBOY. Were talking about the likely scenario of a lot of people losing there jobs if amfa were to succeed in their raid here at AA.
Why would you think that when AMFA gets in alot of people will lose their jobs. I thought we had great job protection under the twu contract.Of course you realize that AMFA will inherit that contract from the twu so would would the job protection be any less? It would be the exact same contract just a different name on the cover. Would you elaborate on this??

I base my view partly on what has occured at NWA and what has been struck out and added in the NWA/amfa contract. I do realize the NWA/amfa contract was inherited from the IAM. I also concur that the TWU/AA contract has very good job protections in it. Based on what I have read so far (in the NWA/amfa contract), I believe that if amfa were to somehow get on the property here at AA that eventualy the employment of non licensed A&P technicians would suffer. Should another RIF occur (and one eventually will), I can envision many highly skilled welders, platers, machinists etc... getting bumped out of their positions by higher seniority A&P technicians who do not posess those skills necessary for those postions. Forcing the company to look elsewhere for those services and starting what I call a snow-ball effect of RO'ing work and layoffs. If the company gets to the point that it can't "rework" its engine parts or landing gear, then its only recourse is to send that work out the door. At that point they certainly don't need those Licensed A&P technicians standing there in front of the machines with there thumbs up there asses because they don't know how to run the machines! Even with these times of cost cutting I don't believe AA wants to get completely out the engine or landing gear business (thats not to say the company wouldn't love to cut more heads). I believe with an AA/amfa contract in place that scenario described above to be inevitable.

I also concur that the TWU/AA contract has very good job protections in it.

Based on what? The best protection we had was System protection, which only kept the current employee on payroll but did nothing to keep the work and the union rolled that back when the company told them to. If the union is willing to open and change the contract at the whim of the company what good is it?

Based on what I have read so far (in the NWA/amfa contract), I believe that if amfa were to somehow get on the property here at AA that eventualy the employment of non licensed A&P technicians would suffer.

Well you may be right there as far as numbers. It is not AMFAs mission, like that of the TWU to eliminate high paid jobs and replace them with lower paid jobs. But low paid unliscenced positions, like OSMs, would likely be converted into more higher paid liscenced ones. Of course those on Payroll now would be Grandfathered in and remain where they are unless they get their liscences.

Should another RIF occur (and one eventually will), I can envision many highly skilled welders, platers, machinists etc... getting bumped out of their positions by higher seniority A&P technicians who do not posess those skills necessary for those postions.

I think you are stretching things a bit. Welders, platers and machinists would still be needed and the current contract would still remain in place. These workers posess unique skills. Under the current contract unless the A&P has demonstrated that he has the skills he cant bump these guys out and you know that. Since this can be a critical point in the operation that also affects safety even with AMFA this likely would not change. It is unreasonable to brand all unliscened the same, obviously these skilled workers have a demand, the OSMs on the other hand are probably mostly made up of liscenced mechanics who are simply trapped in a lower paid classification. This is wrong because even if the work is less challenging they still carry the same liability. If they screw up, their tickets are on the line, even though they are not getting paid for it.

Forcing the company to look elsewhere for those services and starting what I call a snow-ball effect of RO'ing work and layoffs.

Didnt you just say that the TWU/AA Contract has very good job protections in it? What are they, the ability to lower wages and take away benifits? How about getting language that clearly states what is our work and then be willing to fight, up to and including a strike, to keep it? Do you think that AA can withstand a strike today any more than they could have three years ago?

Bob Owens said:
Under the current contract
Thats the whole point now is it not? Who has the current contract with AA? The TWU. Bob, read the NWA/amfa contract and take note of the language that is struck out and the spew that has been added. Just read it Bob. Tell me Bob, why is it that the amfa never trys to solicit the members of those areas mentioned in my post.

Need to repair a BUS? You can and the amfa will show you how!

I agree with you Stop the Bus and I agree with Bob on this statement

Using an alias when making personal attacks is what I object to. If you bring forth points of view and debate issues under an alias fine, nothing wrong with that, but to go after someone personally while hiding behind an alias shows poor charecter and is indeed cowardly.

Both are very good points, I do not agree with Strake however I think that the choice between Unions is nothing more than a business decision and should be treated as such. ;)
Relax Strake everything will be OK ;) Go have a cold one :D

Amfa Informer said:
Amfa Track record Speaks for it self on Outsorcing!!!!!!
I agree with that Gumby and would add it's better than the twu's. Fueling, Cabin Cleaning, and tons of other maintenance. Oh, did I forget to mention Zebco!!!

The date is fast approaching for Amfa to have their objections in. July 14th. Now it seems AA has requested a two week extension to reveiw amy objections. It seems they have more pressing concerns than the Amfa.

Now it appears it will be sometime after August 5th before we know if the 18,661 will hold up.

Checking it Out said:
The date is fast approaching for Amfa to have their objections in. July 14th. Now it seems AA has requested a two week extension to reveiw amy objections. It seems they have more pressing concerns than the Amfa.

Now it appears it will be sometime after August 5th before we know if the 18,661 will hold up.
Oh yeah, according to AA's request, the more "pressing concerns" was the attorney's scheduled vacation. At least he still has vacation left!

You will spin anything, but the facts will correct and stop your spin everytime!

There are enough duplicate names to obtain an election without winning any other issues.

Decision 2004 said:
Oh yeah, according to AA's request, the more "pressing concerns" was the attorney's scheduled vacation. At least he still has vacation left!

You will spin anything, but the facts will correct and stop your spin everytime!

There are enough duplicate names to obtain an election without winning any other issues.

If there isn't will you do AMFA a favor and resign as an organizer?

Decision 2004 said:

I have spun nothing, You are the one suggesting the vacation is more important.

I believe the dups are from the Amfa list, wasn't the last objections amfa presented had over 600? I also believe Amfa's valid cards are less than Amfa has published!

Decision 2004 said:

August 5, is that before or after Little's big meeting with all the E-boards? He may have to reschedule.