375 openings for f/a's in phl for june

Status
Not open for further replies.
"but this tease isn't necessary"

lets just say i am looking foward to working with many of my separated co-workers in the near future.

Part one of this must be the invols are coming back as the above quote says. Whats part two??

etops said 3% would be disappointed. ?? what % of the whole usair does pit base represent?? 3%?

Increase of Int'l flying+more blocks out of PHL and hopefully more f/a positons on each int'l flight at least for summer. Just guessing like you.

etops said 3% would be disappointed. ?? what % of the whole usair does pit base represent?? 3%?

PIT is NOT closing folks! At least not yet. There will be a displacement. That is a certainty!! :(

Like I said previously, we all honestly knew this was coming.

The "other" will probably come as a shock.

I am in phx getting ready to start training tomorrow. Do you think that usair will make us go back to usair-east? I heard that our union pres will be at usair-west headquarters to try and get us not to go to training and sign any paperwork. If so why? There must be something he knows that we don't. I just don't think that usair-east will be able to get there 300-600 f/a from our furlough list...so usair-west has just taken 70 f/a who are willing to go back to work.

Enough already! Would you people please stop all this rumor and speculation. Have these furloughees not been through enough already. We all have. So there are 375 openings in PHL. With the new destinations and the return of GLA,SNN,DUB, and the VFLR that could be the reason for the 375. If not we will find out soon enough. Stop the speculating on a recall. If it happens great, if not hopefully it will happen in the not to distant future. These people don't deserved to be *@£%ed around by some guy who thinks he has all the answers.

George - you are SO on target......... and etops1 - to say "I was wanting to have a little fun with you guys" then to say you know from Ron Cole what is happening... then sit back and let everyone speculate - especially those who are in PHX ready to start training. These are people's lives, these are people's careers and I see NOTHING fun in ANY of your postings.

Enough already! Would you people please stop all this rumor and speculation. Have these furloughees not been through enough already. We all have. So there are 375 openings in PHL. With the new destinations and the return of GLA,SNN,DUB, and the VFLR that could be the reason for the 375. If not we will find out soon enough. Stop the speculating on a recall. If it happens great, if not hopefully it will happen in the not to distant future. These people don't deserved to be *@£%ed around by some guy who thinks he has all the answers.
That's all good for some people to just sit back and wait, but for the f/a who have class starting tomorrow morning with paperwork to sign don't. I have found out that our union pres will be in phx so I guess my speculation was right. I don't think he has all the answers but if he knows something that I don't I'd really like to know since the f/a over at usair-west are out of the loop on things.

I am in phx getting ready to start training tomorrow. Do you think that usair will make us go back to usair-east? I heard that our union pres will be at usair-west headquarters to try and get us not to go to training and sign any paperwork. If so why? There must be something he knows that we don't. I just don't think that usair-east will be able to get there 300-600 f/a from our furlough list...so usair-west has just taken 70 f/a who are willing to go back to work.
I do not think that they would've waited until the first day of training at West to do that to people. If the union had something to say they probably would've sent something out to the people going to West before now. This whole thing is getting blown out of wack. I think the union is out in PHX this week for negotiations and if Mike is there to tell everyone not to sign any paper then maybe that is because if there would possibly be a recall in PHL or at East then maybe it would be a good heads up and just wait for that instead of being locked in at West for a year.

I do not think that they would've waited until the first day of training at West to do that to people. If the union had something to say they probably would've sent something out to the people going to West before now. This whole thing is getting blown out of wack. I think the union is out in PHX this week for negotiations and if Mike is there to tell everyone not to sign any paper then maybe that is because if there would possibly be a recall in PHL or at East then maybe it would be a good heads up and just wait for that instead of being locked in at West for a year.
I would also think that usair would've sent us information ahead of time. We all were under the assumption that we would be locked in for a year. So we have all moved our lives to phx and have signed leases. So if Mike is here to tell everyone not to sign the papers because of a possible recall to phl what will be done w/ our leases and moving expenses back to phl? If he is trying to get us back to phl for the recall something would have to be done w/ this. It's alittle late to be giving us a head up the first day of our training don't you think?

I may be wrong about this, but I was under the impression that the Invol List was closer to around 1900 names. My place on that list is much closer to the bottom (around 1775-1800)...so if approximately 400 F/A's are needed for June, I have a feeling I may not be able to hold a position this time around...might just have to wait until November for the 190's to arrive. I hope not though, as I'd like to return sooner than later, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see... :unsure:

Furloughd4now - Is 70 the total # who have accepted Training Dates at America West? Or is it higher?
I think you'll be able to hold a position this time around. The last call back was to 250 f/a in which they needed 50 and either got the 50 or was just under. So many people just want to pass and keep the perk.
70 f/a is the total who have accepted training-90 including the new hires that will be in some of the classes. But remember they are rescheduling the june class for a possible date sometime in july if that will even happen now.

I would also think that usair would've sent us information ahead of time. We all were under the assumption that we would be locked in for a year. So we have all moved our lives to phx and have signed leases. So if Mike is here to tell everyone not to sign the papers because of a possible recall to phl what will be done w/ our leases and moving expenses back to phl? If he is trying to get us back to phl for the recall something would have to be done w/ this. It's alittle late to be giving us a head up the first day of our training don't you think?

JUST SO YOU KNOW......Mike Flores knows whats going on and just isnt releasing any info yet........

SO TO BE HONEST YOU MIGHT BE HMM....I DONT WANT BANNED SO I CANT USE MY CHOICE OF WORDS.

AFA MEC has to sign a confidentiality agreement.Even if they know they can't say anything until the company releases it.

But remember they are rescheduling the june class for a possible date sometime in july if that will even happen now

I was originally In June class. It has been pushed up to April 3. There was one other after that then no more.

Yanking chains or whatever, it's still not right to do this (whatever it is going to be) to the people who upped and moved their lives THOUSANDS of miles only to find out if they waited ..... JUST ONE MORE MONTH ..... after waiting .... how many YEARS .......they could stayed right where they were. I'm one of them (I haven't moved yert but in the middle of it), and frankly I don't feel it is fair either. Obviously that is neither here nor there.

I bit and played along too, so maybe I'm a sucker, but something's going to happen :blink: I just hope it works ot for everyone in the end

Invols are at appx. 1690. and yes only 70 are attending West training. what class are you from flyguy? I am 01.01 and at 1160 at invol list. it's pretty down there. But to reiterate, only 350 replied for West training and out of 1600++ that's NOT alot, so don't be surprised.

Did you bypass West training too?
Well I'm from 00-10 and I'm not coming back and of the 150 from my class which I still keep in contact with some of them, more than 75% are not returning. I'm sure in a case of a recall you'll be alright. I'm just enjoying my free rides. By the way does anyone know if we can non-rev on US-west as an invol.???? :unsure:

Well I'm from 00-10 and I'm not coming back and of the 150 from my class which I still keep in contact with some of them, more than 75% are not returning. I'm sure in a case of a recall you'll be alright. I'm just enjoying my free rides. By the way does anyone know if we can non-rev on US-west as an invol.???? :unsure:
No, can't non-rev on West yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back