375 openings for f/a's in phl for june

Status
Not open for further replies.

etops1

Veteran
Dec 6, 2003
there are 375 positions open for june in phl. i wonder what's this all about. i think i know . but i won't say . ;)

Adding three new European destinations is one primary reason, not to mention seasonal European flying that starts in May.

Ok assume 5 F/A blocks per new/seasonal destination and 5 or 6 F/As per block based on either the 757 or 767, that brings us to approx 190 new block holder positions. Considering PHL right now is overstaffed because most reserves aren't flying much, they won't need to add additional reserves to cover the additional Trans. flying. That leaves an additonal 185-200 F/As needed in PHL for June based on the 375 openings just announced. Something is up. :up:

Ok assume 5 F/A blocks per new/seasonal destination and 5 or 6 F/As per block based on either the 757 or 767, that brings us to approx 190 new block holder positions. Considering PHL right now is overstaffed because most reserves aren't flying much, they won't need to add additional reserves to cover the additional Trans. flying. That leaves an additonal 185-200 F/As needed in PHL for June based on the 375 openings just announced. Something is up. :up:

According to the "staffing model" PHL is not overstaffed but by 18 flight attendants. Well, that was last month. The company requires 20% reserves AT ALL TIMES. Yes, I know it is a stupid model.

It is hard to believe it is not considered overstaffed, but it isn't. :down:

Usair330,

I sent you a PM

USAirBoyA330 I've flown with you many times. You're a credible source for info. You ended your post with 2 thumbs up.....I'll interpret this as good news.

More domestic mainline flying out of PHL? PDX-SAT-AUS-SLC-MSP? With what aircraft? Cheap Airbi from the desert?

Transatlantic long-thin with A321s given in-flight refueling from boom-equipped A333s?

Wet-leased A332s on transpolar to NRT?

US Galactic Airways? :lol:

I'm going to be the first to go out on the limb and speculate. Could it be the 5 more 757s from ATA everyone seems to think we're getting? That would account for about 150 F/A positions. This next one is a bit far fetched but possible. Could it be a last minute deal with Airbus and we are getting the A330-200s that we really do need badly? There also seems to be lots of rumors about USAirways starting service to the Orient. I'm not too sure about this one only because we have nothing that could fly that far and PHX would seem to be the more logical choice over PHL for that service. Time will tell :rolleyes: :blink: :huh: :unsure:

If only the other US airlines were sending airbus widebody aircraft to the desert. Seems like with the exception of the 752's the longterm longhaul plan is all airbus aircraft(sorry for the wording there). Unfortuanately for US all that is being sent to the desert are 772's, 742's, 744's, 762's, some 763's.

Aren't all the 190's going to be staffed in Philly? That really wouldn't be all that soon to get crews trained and ready to start flying in the fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts