375 openings for f/a's in phl for june

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't all the 190's going to be staffed in Philly? That really wouldn't be all that soon to get crews trained and ready to start flying in the fall.
But they're not going to have aircraft until November, and apparently will start flying with four of them in January, 2007. The delivery schedule is two in November and one per month for the next two years. Seems a bit early to staff up that much.

Edit: But I did just see a news blurb today that jetBlue is probably going to defer some of its A320 and EMB-190 deliveries to keep its debt level down. Perhaps that's going to allow US to take up 190s on an accelerated schedule?

Could it be a last minute deal with Airbus and we are getting the A330-200s that we really do need badly? There also seems to be lots of rumors about USAirways starting service to the Orient. I'm not too sure about this one only because we have nothing that could fly that far

If US were to get the A332's, then the Orient would be possible. Of course, this isn't going to happen by June.

I'm not too sure about this one only because we have nothing that could fly that far and PHX would seem to be the more logical choice over PHL for that service.

They would have to be based in PHL. Unless you want the HP guys taking over the A330. :blink:

That really wouldn't be all that soon to get crews trained and ready to start flying in the fall.

That would be too early. They would train the crews on the 190 in Oct/Nov. Of course....if we got them sooner. :up:

Oh come on just spill it!!!

YES!!! You can't do this to us. :unsure:

Would we need new applications for route authority to destinations we already fly to but just from another US city?.....Like BOS/SNN,DUB,GLA,FRA,LGW etc. It has been speculated before that BOS/Europe would be a good market for US. And many of those markets could easily be flown with 757s.

:unsure:
Aren't all the 190's going to be staffed in Philly? That really wouldn't be all that soon to get crews trained and ready to start flying in the fall.
:unsure: Could it be a typo?
If not, anyone wanting to do International or just transfer in has until 3.18.06 @ 12 noon to get bids in.
Not much time to think about it.

:unsure:
:unsure: Could it be a typo?
If not, anyone wanting to do International or just transfer in has until 3.18.06 @ 12 noon to get bids in.
Not much time to think about it.

Well, unless you have about 20 years, you will not touch International trips. 20 is even pushing it.

there are 375 positions open for june in phl. i wonder what's this all about. i think i know . but i won't say . ;)
Does this mean that they will recall? OR..is this just for f/a's to transfer into?

Does this mean that they will recall? OR..is this just for f/a's to transfer into?
At first they mentioned realigning the bases due to Pittsburgh having over 50% of that base on reserve.
Senior flight attendants wanted to be able to transfer out however prior to this CBS message it looked more like displacements were going to happen.
I wouldn't doubt recalls in the future too.

I know they recalled 55 pilots because of the 3 757's..so how many f/a's per 757 do they need to keep them functional? I am asuming 36 f/a's for each 757(if they only staff w/4 per a/c). So that would be about 108 more positions in PHL. Which makes sense to add more blocks.

Hmmm....

PHL is the final 170 base, and all remaining 170 F/As have been displaced to there. All of those F/As are "190 qualified" so to speak with the exception of the window exits, which can be easily accomplished.

375 is a lot. To put it in perspective...

375 is about 10% of the existing F/A workforce

375 is approximately the entire E170/175 division at it's peak

375 would likely be almost all of the imvols who are intrested in returning. Out of 1200 or so, it's estimated that 500 or so would return.

Best of luck to the US Airways involuntary furloughed flight attendants-- there's a group that needs to be rewarded for thier loyalty after all they have been through. Let's hope this is a recall, these awesome F/As can return to mainline, under mainline contracts, at thier seniority, where they deserve to be, and welcomed with open arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back