375 openings for f/a's in phl for june

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know they recalled 55 pilots because of the 3 757's..so how many f/a's per 757 do they need to keep them functional? I am asuming 36 f/a's for each 757(if they only staff w/4 per a/c). So that would be about 108 more positions in PHL. Which makes sense to add more blocks.
Not only that but not every flight attendants will want to go to Philly if that means they will be on reserve (again).
Pittsburgh has a range of 17yrs to 24yrs on Reserve. Just say(FOR AN EXAMPLE) that the top 50% of reserves left Pittsburgh for Philly (that's approximately 110 flight attendants).
If the bottom 10% were displaced and if going to Philly put them in Reserve status range they would probably consider another base.
So potentially there would be positions left unfilled in Philly which may allow for invols to come back.

Not only that but not every flight attendants will want to go to Philly if that means they will be on reserve (again).
Pittsburgh has a range of 17yrs to 24yrs on Reserve. Just say(FOR AN EXAMPLE) that the top 50% of reserves left Pittsburgh for Philly (that's approximately 110 flight attendants).
If the bottom 10% were displaced and if going to Philly put them in Reserve status range they would probably consider another base.
So potentially there would be positions left unfilled in Philly which may allow for invols to come back.
And...flight attendants in Boston, New York and Washington may want to transfer in creating openings in their bases too! A lot of potential for invols!

Well, I just hope they will recall and get it over with, I will be furloughed from MAA in May...and I would love to be back at mainline instead...I really do not care what base! As long as i am back. :up:

Is there any info about pilot openings in PHL. I thought the pilot bid for June was finalized. If there are 375 openings for F/As, there should be at least 125 openings for pilots. Unless this isn't about airplanes and new routes. Maybe there're going to announce PIT is closing

Is there any info about pilot openings in PHL. I thought the pilot bid for June was finalized.

It was and the changes from the Feb bid are:

3 more 330 lines
10 more 76I lines
7 more 76D lines
2 less 737 lines
13 more 319/20/21 lines

Each line equals 2 pilots (3 when an IRO is required), but it'd be different for F/A's

As far as total pilot staffing in PHL, there are 69 more total pilot positions in June vs Feb. This will disagree with the total from the changes in number of lines because of changes in reserve complement.

Jim

"Best of luck to the US Airways involuntary furloughed flight attendants-- there's a group that needs to be rewarded for thier loyalty after all they have been through. Let's hope this is a recall, these awesome F/As can return to mainline, under mainline contracts, at thier seniority, where they deserve to be, and welcomed with open arms."

I appreciate this post FlyOnWall, being one of the first after 9/11 to be not only Involuntarily Furloughed but actually Terminated simply for not having the chance to complete the Probationary Period, I have done different things and after 4 and a half years, I actually would be glad to return. It has always been in my heart to fly again and I hope that your quote above is the sentiment of the majority of the US F/A's. Hopefully this will translate to a recall...I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope to get a letter soon!

Would we need new applications for route authority to destinations we already fly to but just from another US city?.....Like BOS/SNN,DUB,GLA,FRA,LGW etc. It has been speculated before that BOS/Europe would be a good market for US. And many of those markets could easily be flown with 757s.

We've already tried BOS to Europe. Didn't last. BOS has LH to FRA; NW/KL to AMS; EI and AA to SNN; BA, AA, and VS to LHR and LGW; LX (Swiss)to ZRH. Seems kinda crowded to me.

It went out as a CBS (internal communication for pilots and F/As) last night. I saw it myself. Also my phone has been ringing off the hook from PIT friends wanting to know what's up.
Also, I know we've already tried BOS/Europe. But that was pre-Star Alliance. Right now it is all about the Star Alliance. Who from the Star goes to Europe out of Bos. I'm guessing but the only one that comes to mind is LH to FRA. Does UA have any service to Europe from BOS?

I just received an email from a friend that they are gonna recall the furloughed f/a's REAL soon...for May! I also read the same thing on the website for the MAA f/a's ! I hope this is true! I don't beleive rumors, but, to see it twice in one day and then there are all those openings for June in PHL...something is really up!

While I think it would be fantastic to see new A/C on the property...Maybe this all may be due to an adjustment in staffing levels for some A/C. With the possibility of closing a base looming in the future and no plans for any more layoffs, the system needs to absorb F/A's so we are not overstaffed. It would be possible to add an extra F/A position on the 767-Domestic, A-321 meal flights, and 757's if/when they return to transcontinental flying with an increased F/C cabin. The other possibility could be moving all Transatlantic flying in CLT to PHL and consolidating that operation into one location. Just my thoughts!

If they are as overstaffed as they say they are there has to be another reason why they would recall f/a's. Even if they do close PIT..there has to be a reason why there are gonna be so many open positions in PHL. Maybe more a/c are coming other than the 190's..maybe more 757's. (I did hear this rumor a few times in the past week from pilots.)I guess we will all find out soon. You know how they enjoy keeping us in suspence! :shock:

Probably just increased staffing for the summer. If there were more planes coming on line pilots would be needed and the lead time is double of F/A's.

The more I think about, What and Elevation are right. If it were more A/C, there would be pilot bids out as well. These openings only are for F/As. That pretty much limits it to staffing levels being changed. They could be eliminating all of the open time and making more blocks too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back