American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
What we have now is a match of up to 5.5% of the gross. But I have to contribute at least 5.5% of my check. They are selling a 5% match on gross and that they will match up too 4% of my contributions, and that are my contributions, well if I elect 5% its 4% of that 5%

I see how you got there, but that's not the way it works. Truly.

I am not a Negotiator. I have nothing to do with Negotiations. Alex Garcia is an old friend of mine from MIA. I don’t know and have never met Sito Pantoja.

No one is kicking any can as right now the Company “online” offer is completely unacceptable and inadequate. The main issues unacceptable are Job losses and a raising of the IAM Members Medical costs.

I have not heard a single peep anywhere about anyone being held hostage because of discussions about the IAMPF and I highly wish you would avoid continuing to place me inside your continuing fantasies or personal agenda. Your propaganda.
If all of that finally means you will finally bud out of my iam pension and focus instead on your equity and twu issues then we good. But i will continue to engage you and correct you when you make incorrect and inflamatory comments about the iam pension.

And please leave my name out of your discussions and stop jumping in my conversations.

9% of gross is 9% of gross. At SWA we are up to 9.3 %. SO to get the full 9.3% , we have to contribute 10%. This money is taken out before taxes, therefore reducing your taxable income by 10% If American will contribute 5% of your gross income without you doing anything that's not bad. So to get the extra 4 %, do you just have to give 4% or 9%? If it is 9%, and they give you 9%, that is still 18% of your gross income going into your 401k. Which is quite a bit of money if you leave it alone. Even if your pension funds are frozen, you would have your pension, 401k, and social security, not bad. If you have a military retirement even better.

They give 5%, you contribute at least 4% and they will match that 4%.

If you currently contribute 10%, it would work out to be 5% from airline, 10% from you and an additional 4% from airline for a total of 19%.

This is from a few days ago during my sabbatical from the boards but I think this is something interesting to share.

You can tell for an absolute certainty reading this letter that the TWU and IAM are in the middle of total and complete full on WAR right now.

DA5F2FFB-BCFF-4844-9173-7C2907A44147.png

Reactions: robbedagain
Do Apples equal Oranges?

Ok the primary purpose of the 401k is to save for your retirement.
However if the secondary purpose is to lower your Gross Income
to tax at a lower tax bracket. Do you still need to contribute as must as required to
control your taxes?

I for one would like to keep my IAM pension. I have few more years until I retire. I have also been putting money in my 401k for many years. The medical the TWU members currently have is way too expensive. I would still like to know why the association has not given the company a counter proposal so we can get back to negotiations.

I for one would like to keep my IAM pension. I have few more years until I retire. I have also been putting money in my 401k for many years. The medical the TWU members currently have is way too expensive. I would still like to know why the association has not given the company a counter proposal so we can get back to negotiations.

Because supposed they never “formally” offered a proposal on the last go round and they have not extended a hand to continue talks to even accept a counter proposal.

Of course the Company is saying one thing and the people who Represent us are saying something else.

That's the wrong question.

The information released by the airline has not been officially presented to the Association for consideration, therefore there can't be an official response.

Do Apples equal Oranges?

Ok the primary purpose of the 401k is to save for your retirement.
However if the secondary purpose is to lower your Gross Income
to tax at a lower tax bracket. Do you still need to contribute as must as required to
control your taxes?

They’ll get you when you retire anyway depending on how much you need to draw out. You’re essentially stalling your burden to the future hoping to be in a smaller Tax bracket.

And I for one, am indifferent to the IAM keeping the meds and or pension.

The percentage moves because the amount of the overall PS pool changes.

Example: If the pool is $300M and you may get 3% of your wages. If the pool is $400M then you may get 4% of your wages because there is more in the pool to make a higher payout

If the pool is $200M, then you may get 2% because the pool is smaller. It doesn't have enough to pay someone 3% or 4% of their wages because there isn't enough to cover that higher amount.

It’s definitely fluid, with profits and wages both changing. I have all of my payout percentages somewhere; I’ll have to dig them out and see what it worked out to each year.

Found the last few. The number below is the "Payout percentage." At DL, that number is used to determine what your PS check will be. So for 2014, everyone's PS check (gross) worked out to roughly 16.58% of their eligible income for that year.

2014: 16.58%
2015: 21.46%
2016: 10.3%
2017: Posted earlier up the thread

The union won’t counter until the company actually puts out a counter offer to the Unions proposal. If you do not get a counter from the company and you make another proposal all you are doing in essence is negotiating against yourself.

The union won’t counter until the company actually puts out a counter offer to the Unions proposal. If you do not get a counter from the company and you make another proposal all you are doing in essence is negotiating against yourself.

Don't be surprised if the LAA counter is a last offer before going to Section 6.

Might be why there has been no movement towards setting up meeting dates until we get closer to the current CBA amenable date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts