American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by Buck, Mar 19, 2018.

1. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

It’s a Convention held in Vegas. Who’s going to be naive to not know what goes on.

And who doesn’t love a great buffet.

2. MetalMover

MetalMover Veteran

The company needs to see the NO just like the members needed to see their proposals. Maybe by doing so, the NMB’s next move might be favorable to us. And yes I agree, the company wants a PEB because they know the union will reject arbitration.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. MetalMover

MetalMover Veteran

How do think the bus and rail
    union elected Little?

4. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

After the Association guys saw the response from the Membership that they have from the Company’s full release maybe we’re now headed in that direction? They should have more confidence that the Membership isn’t going to pass something with so many holes in the language?

5. Tim Nelson

Tim Nelson Veteran

The company wants a PEB which would then offer up a recommendation that will be rejected by the Association, then end up in governmental oversight with an imposed contract. Along the way, I have never seen a union not allow its members to vote PRIOR to a PEB. However, with the bi polar Gary Peterson in charge, who knows.
    The most likely path is ice. The company has no intention of negotiating with the Association as everything has been exhausted with Peterson and Pantoja blowing up talks with madness. If the NMB comes back and says 'ice', then it may be possible for the Association to allow a vote and then sign on to Arbitration if there is a rejection. Yes, I know the TWU and IAM have said they would never agree to arbitration but there is no way out of their madness. This is what happened 7 months ago. Sito claimed he would never agree to arbitration but the NMB put the IAM on ice forever OR arbitration. So Sito submitted to arbitration and wrote a dear john letter to all of the members he screwed. This happened under the RLA with 10,000 members a short time ago.

Best path is PEB, but if it's ice, then at least the mechanics need to mobilize and get the AMP. Because negotiations with the company are dead and will remain dead between the Association. Not sure how long members will want to keep a illegitimate dead union that isn't even negotiating but on an incubator?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tim Nelson

Tim Nelson Veteran

Great! Let's vote! Reject or accept, The members wanna know.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

I didn’t pay any attention to it all back then cause we all had too much crap going on already in our lives.

I’ll assume that Little was just next in line to succeed O’Brian?

Joe Gordon was supposed to succeed Little but instead Lombardo and Samuelsen threw a Monkey wrench in that plan. Garcia was well known throughout the Union from being the COPE director so strategically he was a great fit too.

BTW the opposition to Lombardo tried to sell that we would never have another rail guy in there ever again and now we got Garcia and Mike Mays as part of the top 5.

After the addition of the Jet Blue Attendants the Air Division may be the biggest group the TWU Represents now?

8. MetalMover

MetalMover Veteran

Gee, if the union has the rock solid argument that the company is making record profits and how they can afford to give us everything, why would they refuse arbitration?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

An Arbitrator wouldn’t be looking at the Company’s profits likely in making a decision who to lean towards in making their decision. BTW you can have two types of Arbitration. Just straight Arbitration or Binding Arbitration where both sides have to accept the decision of the chosen Arbitrator.

I think Local 591 though just did a great job in making a side by side comparison to the IBT UAL Agreement which would be something considered if it went to an Arbitrator even under a PEB.

The Association has also been smart to back down to the point of only wanting to keep the work we have today and not asking for additional work. The facts also being of course we’re going to have more work depending on the amount of planes AA is flying.

Any arguments brought to a PEB or Arbitrator needs to be the vagueness of the language that AA is offering.

10. we're screwed

we're screwed Member

Hell no he does'nt trust the membership to vote. Neither did the two unions. His bulls**t about get over it, and we will never vote on the ASS is obvious. We all know we are not going to vote on it. We all know it is past history. The fact remains, and is well worthy of being brought up repeatedly, we were blatantly lied to by the very union we pay to serve us. How can we ever trust a union, two unions, that had a obvious money grab, and bypassed the members? I for one will never believe this union in its entirety. Oh well we have the company saying this in writing, or that in writing. Guess what? We had that vote in writing too. Frauds.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. we're screwed

we're screwed Member

Amen. As I said the videos and podcasts are crap. I want to read it, not listen to some yahoos discuss it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

13. bigjets

bigjets Veteran

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/06/politics/ten-air-traffic-controllers-shutdown/index.html

These ATC guys don't know what they're doing, the best way to get what you want, is to go to work and take their money!! not stay at home and show them how needed you are. Taking their money has worked well for our contract talks, AA doesn't know to do, we have them so flustered. Fortunately my union dues get taken out like clock work. They deserve it, I wonder if my union dues only goes to TWU? I'm sure because it does, because it doesn't seem like the IAM is on my side, glad they don't have any control over my work life.

14. YouCanFixStupid

These Azz Monkeys are the reason we don’t get any respect from the company. This is want you get when you elect what appears to be drunks into office. It’s time to get rid of these clowns. WeAAsle is this why you love these guys so much. Are you on there tab at the local bar.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

Is this your NC?

• Funny Funny x 1