American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we’re not even in the conversation with DL profit sharing wise but what about UA? This little 3 % edge is lip service when there’s such a wide gap in profit sharing?

It's negotiations. They will always keep back some sweeteners to help close out the deal.

UA will be at $32.01 in Dec. and they get 2.5% bumps. That's the current target.

3% more than ua's dec 2019 raise and 2.5% a year thereafter, i'd be content with. $32.66/hr without differential on DOS is approaching a premium wage over dl territory.

in lieu of not touching profit sharing, i'd like to see better than a $3k 'bonus'. i'm not lus, it's not $6k for people like me.

I know we’re not even in the conversation with DL profit sharing wise but what about UA? This little 3 % edge is lip service when there’s such a wide gap in profit sharing?

delta just put in more for 1 quarter than aa has put in the last 12 quarters.

I often can never agree with you since your views are just silly, but in this case, I do agree. The 3% is a joke. It was 7% but then Parker found a way to give us a very small profit sharing and then imput that as 4%. Last year, I got a gross check of $1,100 based on a $3 billion net profit. That is about the best our profit sharing will get. In most years, our check won't amount to anything over $500. Our unions should tell him to scrap our profit sharing and go back to the Delta + 7%. That was HIS FORMULA. We need to go back to that and get that extra 4% but of course that won't happen.

One of our famous phrases while we were working towards a new contract was "Whatever it takes!" Feel free to borrow it for a new campaign run for AMFA. I am positive Brett and others wouldn't mind it at all.
I will support whatever you guys decide to do. I am also sure AMFA National would help out as much as they can. More so than before drive attempts.
Good luck to all of you. Now is as good of time as ever. Contract or no contract, I say go for it and get some "elected" officials in charge of nego at the table, level heads would prevail a new contract I assure you. And before anyone tries to start the false BS rumors, NO! You will not lose anything already nego at the table, nor will you gain anything just because a different union may come in. Things will stay as is until the changes are made and nego's would continue and more than likely start moving towards a new agreement faster IMO. Kick it off guys and run full speed ahead and be prepared for anything. No telling what this asso, TWU/IAM, AA, teamsters, other outside unions, and quite possibly the NMB, might try and blind side you guys again with. Call Brett see if AMFA National would not be interested in getting involved with some help.

If nothing else comes from this, just REMEMBER, the ASSOCIATION threw it's members under the bus when times got tough.

A378DA28-7C3A-45FC-855E-13AC7414E1F1.jpeg

This whole thing sounds like SWA and management. Company sue the union and the union counter sue. Within a month the contract is signed. I think that scenario will play out at AA. I know the contract won’t be everything we want. I retire in 6 years. 45 years in aviation by then. I have been in several unions over my career. I want the young mechanics realize that it took 40 years in aviation to get the money I deserve. Medical is the most important item in the contract to me. This will be my last contract. I wish the FAA would step in and stop airlines from outsourcing our work. I also know that the FAA is powerless against corporate America. I want a fair contract!!!!
Really 40 years??? I think we had it better 30 - 35 years ago

Yes but think of all the money collected from the membership in fines going to Samuelsons personal Swiss bank account.
If the union fined an AMT 1 penny and you didnt have a card drive to oust them with 100% of the vote there would be no hope for you

Reactions: Tim Nelson

Here's the deal; we don't have a union at DL. You do (in theory, anyway). I know the Frittata Squad on here cries that "anything can be taken away at anytime," but right now it hasn't.

Why should any of you GAF? Because you're paying for a service that isn't being delivered on. Any JCBA that comes your way should blow the doors off of anything I currently have- base rates, differentials, scope; all of it.

If nothing else comes from this, just REMEMBER, the ASSOCIATION threw it's members under the bus when times got tough.

View attachment 14551

So much for "solidarity." :rolleyes:

well, 3% more than dl on DOS would still be higher than united..so, technically..

i am relaxed. i only get irritated when i weigh and measure how much the airlines are earning and what aa is doing in response..compared to aa's peers. they must be looking at spirit and frontier as peers.

i also believe the company can do better than 2% a year, considering.

the ticket agents got 2.5% the last 2 years of their deal, and that was done in 2015, without additional billions the company has earned since.
3% above UA December wage 2.5% a year is more than likely a yes for me

Skilled professional have no need for a union. The ability to move between companies, within skill sets and job titles more than makes up for the"Protection" a union gives. Ultimately unions cost jobs, flexibility (both the company and the worker) and fosters, rather demands an US vs Them mentality. Nobody needs to go through life like that. Its a vestige from a long bygone day. Add the obvious MOB connections and Political Corruption you are being played every which way but loose!

Skilled professional have no need for a union. The ability to move between companies, within skill sets and job titles more than makes up for the"Protection" a union gives. Ultimately unions cost jobs, flexibility (both the company and the worker) and fosters, rather demands an US vs Them mentality. Nobody needs to go through life like that. Its a vestige from a long bygone day. Add the obvious MOB connections and Political Corruption you are being played every which way but loose!
delta mx is doing great. Dont even want a union.

Status
Not open for further replies.