American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by Buck, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Rogallo

Rogallo Veteran

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. NYer

NYer Veteran

They will declare victory. The Company proposal didn't include their final position in compensation so a JCBA will focus on that. I'll assume they'll declare they received verbal assurances for less outsourcing, considering the current proposed language will end up with little change.

You'd hope they'd learn something so we can avoid these self-induced crisis points. I doubt it, Members like tough guys, whether it gets results or not.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. 1AA

1AA Veteran

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. NYer

NYer Veteran

This whole trainwreck was started way back when they Company invited, and the Association agreed, to have the NMB sir in the talks way before Section 6.

EVERYONE dismissed that as being nothing. Here we are, caught in a situation where we will take what's given rather than make the tough decisions to get the best possible outcome.

5. NYer

NYer Veteran

6. Tim Nelson

Tim Nelson Veteran

just announced. Negotiations at a center in DC near proximity to the NMB.
    I expect a TA next week. No way Samuelson doesnt sign his name now, when the alternative is a court order telling him to discipline and fine the workers who he allegedly told to slowdown.
    Glad that negotiations is starting.

7. CremaDiLimone

CremaDiLimone Veteran

a t/a? for fleet, company needs to do better than 3% more than dl on DOS and 2% a year after.

at this time - united is the highest paid and passenger service got and will get 2.5% yearly raise the last 2 years of their deal.

delta just added over $500 million into their profit sharing. airlines are making money by the boatload.

stop being stingy, aa.

8. NYer

NYer Veteran

Already told you, it'll be 3% above whoever is on top. The pay has never been the issue since they came out of BK.

9. CremaDiLimone

CremaDiLimone Veteran

i know you told me..

...on jetnet, the company modified AMT raises and additional $3k bonus for all lus assoc. members.

why didn't they take 7 seconds and modify wages for fleet?

stingy. company already at $7 billion cash threshold. they are on record as saying anything and everything above that will go to shareholders, not shared with employees.

stingy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. 1AA

1AA Veteran

Yes but think of all the money collected from the membership in fines going to Samuelsons personal Swiss bank account.

11. Tim Nelson

Tim Nelson Veteran

lol

12. NYer

NYer Veteran

Because the biggest issues is mostly AMT related, see injunction. Every group has received the highest pay rates at the time of their agreements.

Relax.

13. Tim Nelson

Tim Nelson Veteran

I did hear from Fly that the wages for fleet will be a slight bump. I wouldn't be surprised if another .50 cents was added. Fly also said that the medical cap was also further movement until the union went bonkers. In fact, my understanding was that IAH and RSW, a medical cap, and a small wage bump were all going to happen from the company final negotiations until the union played hardball. The company wants IAH and RSW to be more stable anyways as I've heard they had problems in IAH and had TDY go there a lot. The union was aware of this but didn't budge off of its demand for 60+ stations, which was never going to happen.

The bump in wages isn't going to cost much anything else either as it just recognizes another 6 month stall. The medical cap isn't much of a cost either, as it just makes the company accountable for its word. It was exciting to hear today that negotiations will be fasttracked next week for a conclusion.

I agree with what you said that the union will claim victory. I'm ok with that. They can say whatever they want imo, I'll be pushing a yes vote. I imagine that TWU leaders will be seen as heros but I'm ok with that as well.

I do think that mx will vote out the association almost immediately after a JCBA but who knows.

14. CremaDiLimone

CremaDiLimone Veteran

well, 3% more than dl on DOS would still be higher than united..so, technically..

i am relaxed. i only get irritated when i weigh and measure how much the airlines are earning and what aa is doing in response..compared to aa's peers. they must be looking at spirit and frontier as peers.

i also believe the company can do better than 2% a year, considering.

the ticket agents got 2.5% the last 2 years of their deal, and that was done in 2015, without additional billions the company has earned since.

15. NYer

NYer Veteran

It's negotiations. They will always keep back some sweeteners to help close out the deal.

UA will be at $32.01 in Dec. and they get 2.5% bumps. That's the current target.