American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still hope you guys (mechanics) are able to surpass us at SWA for your ILC as promised. I also hope you guys (fleet a other groups) can also surpass our groups at SWA. Good luck to you all. Sooner is better than later.

Pay won't be an issue, if that's what you mean.

Last edited:
I think there will be some sessions with a bit of enhancements on the financial side and maybe some minor language cleaned up, but the big items will remain.

Hopefully, the Association goes in and gets to clean up some things rather than continue to be so rigid.

From the history of this association not likely they will dig in their heels until they truly are forced to do something and it won’t be a court hearing

The asso is made up of the TWU and the IAM that merged together, so yes they both do still exist. Only the name on the door changed to asso. is all. The asso. is still being ran between the "two" unions who keep changing who is in charge every 2 years or whenever it is. BTW who is in charge currently? TWU or IAM leaders??? What a mess!!!
no one is "in charge" the chair and vice chair have equal veto powers. or equal Stockholm syndrome inducing capability.

Pay won't be an issue, if that's what you mean.
No I didn't. I'm not one of those people that only see the $$$. I meant ILC overall with the majority if not all articles ILC.
I understand from fellas here that you guys have been in this BK contract for well over 16 years, so everyone is finally awaiting another big bump in pay. Just glad we got done before you guys (mechanics) so the new bar is set. Delts, UAL, as well as UPS helped us get where we are now, so hopefully you all will do the same and surpass us all for ILC. I am in hopes you guys can save as much of your scope as possible. None of our scope (art. 2) changed at all. However, the mechanics at AA do have some more wiggle room than we had, so they may have to consider some slight changes.

So I’m trying to understand this, they were going back to the table but the company wants to delay because of the court actions? If they were really serious in getting a deal done why not get back to the table and see where it goes. I want to see a deal get done but to me this seems counterproductive from the the company and all of us are caught in the middle. Really ticks me off
I hate being right. I said last week, after the latest pounding that the only logical choice was for the union to root itself out and beg for negotiations. As it turned out, it did. The problem is that the leverage is so expansive for the company, that it isn't prepared to negotiate at this time. Fly told me last week and I posted this. Of course, you all continue to deny fly but he always tells the truth and it comes true.

NYer may be getting the same info since he seems 'spot on' always. However, I do disagree with him about enhancements now. Previously, I was led to believe that enhancements could be had and that it would only take a professional like myself 10 minutes to go in and get them, including wages. While NYer remains right about wages being slightly bumped (It will happen), I don't believe the offer will be monetarily enhanced in total any more. Fly said no. In fact, the company is preparing an additional offer which is now less. The wages (I'm only speaking about fleet) will be slightly bumped, but the $6,000 bonus is now subject to being off the table along with some protections and other things. The new package isn't final yet as far as I know but it is less overall. According to Fly who is of course a 4th hand guy.
Charlie Brown has cost us millions. He didn't listen, just like CLTrat and most of the other loyalist. Not speaking for MX, but their next proposal will be less as well. Not sure why they keep the Associaiton. Puzzling indeed.

Reactions: V.O. Reason
No I didn't. I'm not one of those people that only see the $$$. I meant ILC overall with the majority if not all articles ILC.
I understand from fellas here that you guys have been in this BK contract for well over 16 years, so everyone is finally awaiting another big bump in pay. Just glad we got done before you guys (mechanics) so the new bar is set. Delts, UAL, as well as UPS helped us get where we are now, so hopefully you all will do the same and surpass us all for ILC. I am in hopes you guys can save as much of your scope as possible. None of our scope (art. 2) changed at all. However, the mechanics at AA do have some more wiggle room than we had, so they may have to consider some slight changes.

The problem with the ILC is the interpretation. For most, it means better than what we have. However, the piece most nuts is that we can go backwards and still be in a position to be Industry Leading, especially in Scope.

ILC doesn't necessarily mean better then what we have, just that it won't be worse than everyone else.

If the proposal we were to vote on is less than the original one AA put out then may be it has a likely shot at being shot down. Then we wait another century b4 getting another one?

Dudes, it's gonna be bad. The offer will be much less, from what I understand. I told the blowhards who love the sound bites like Charlie Brown but he didn't listen.
Look, imo, the company may present the lesser offer in hopes that the membership will never vote on it. The company is in amazing position. It has a union in cuffs and may elect to just keep the TWU locked in to a miserable bankrupt contract now. There simply remains no reason for the company to negotiate at this time. Hopefully, the union bends the knee and still signs the lesser offer. It's either going to be that or ice for many years. The company obviously knows that the FA's and Pilots are watching so the company is going to KO the F out of this moron union and make them their B's and set them as an example so the Pilots and FA's don't do any of this crap. Just my opinion.

Can't do that Constitutionally.
I agree with you.

However, if the vote fails they can accept it "in your best interest".

That being said they created the Association without a membership vote. I doubt that was constitutional either yet here we are. If there is one thing I can say for the TWU it is they have no issues breaking their own rules.

We all know it's true.

We also know that criticism of the TWU breaking their own rules falls on deaf ears.

Sounds like to me Sito and the IAM want to be put on ice for years with these kind of comments. Why not, it benefits the hell out of them. Obviously, Alex Garcia is muted and couldn't give a rats ass about his members...how pathetic the TWU has become.
The TWU gave up the ability to properly represent its members and that is ignorant. It's embarrassing to be a TWU rep with the Association after that, even if they had no part of the decision to do that to the members with no vote. Truly pathetic.It is good business for the IAM to have things drag. Now the company won't negotiate, and Samuelsons melt down is a good part of the reason. Is there anything else for them to botch before we get a deal?

Sounds like to me Sito and the IAM want to be put on ice for years with these kind of comments. Why not, it benefits the hell out of them. Obviously, Alex Garcia is muted and couldn't give a rats ass about his members...how pathetic the TWU has become.

Pathetic is an understatement!

My guess is that Samuelson invited the injunction on purpose knowing they could not extract any more through negotiations and being in a spot where they promised the world. They simply got it off their shoulder and now can blame the membership, the court , the nmb and the company for the final result.

My guess is that Samuelson invited the injunction on purpose knowing they could not extract any more through negotiations and being in a spot where they promised the world. They simply got it off their shoulder and now can blame the membership, the court , the nmb and the company for the final result.
But he said he wouldnt sign off on anything concessionary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts