American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that Samuelson invited the injunction on purpose knowing they could not extract any more through negotiations and being in a spot where they promised the world. They simply got it off their shoulder and now can blame the membership, the court , the nmb and the company for the final result.

Nah, he ain't that smart

My guess is that Samuelson invited the injunction on purpose knowing they could not extract any more through negotiations and being in a spot where they promised the world. They simply got it off their shoulder and now can blame the membership, the court , the nmb and the company for the final result.

And the IAM.

Reactions: dfw gen

I have the same access to Samuelsen as you do, my guess is he’s trying to look like a tough guy so he can have the twu file for a vote to get sole representation of the ground workers at AA. He has definitely taken the lead.

There’s no way we will ever get a contract with two unions representing us, too many different priorities. I do believe Samuelsen is doing what he think is right, but after 16 years of concessions and all the skullduggery the twu has done over the years, I’m just done with it.

I have the same access to Samuelsen as you do, my guess is he’s trying to look like a tough guy so he can have the twu file for a vote to get sole representation of the ground workers at AA. He has definitely taken the lead.

There’s no way we will ever get a contract with two unions representing us, too many different priorities. I do believe Samuelsen is doing what he think is right, but after 16 years of concessions and all the skullduggery the twu has done over the years, I’m just done with it.
Samuelson is in over his head. He has ZERO experience with American Airlines and his expertise is ground transportation. No airline experience. It's not the same negotiation tactics. If you look at what's happened in the last year we were still negotiating with the company and our contract was still active. Now come a year later our contract has become amenable, company files for mediation and now the company has a lawsuit and TRO against both unions. We are not negotiating and just today I read that the meditators cancelled the next round of negotiations because the company has more legal stuff to present to the judge. In my opinion this tells me the company has no further intention to negotiate with the association. Instead they want to keep on blocking us in the courts and put us on ice. We may see a contract to vote on but it won't be anything great at this point. The association may even be forced by the courts to vote on companys proposal. Who knows what's going to happen next. I do know the association screwed the pooch thanks to the lack of cooperation between the TWU and IAM. Samuelsons strong arm tactic with his vocal outburst directed at a VP set us back when it comes to civilized negotiations between the two sides.

QUOTE="NYer, post: 1333894, member: 16774"]And the IAM.[/QUOTE]
Blaming the iam is a given. Goes without even saying

Tim if we did vote on the lesser offer i firmly believe it wld be shot down probably by a sizeable percentage. But w the other groups prepping for talks how fast or how loonngg wld we be stuck in the holding pattern? I can tell u that if we were to vote on lesser I wld recommend no vote n i would vote no

Tim if we did vote on the lesser offer i firmly believe it wld be shot down probably by a sizeable percentage. But w the other groups prepping for talks how fast or how loonngg wld we be stuck in the holding pattern? I can tell u that if we were to vote on lesser I wld recommend no vote n i would vote no

Then what?

Samuelson is in over his head. He has ZERO experience with American Airlines and his expertise is ground transportation. No airline experience. It's not the same negotiation tactics. If you look at what's happened in the last year we were still negotiating with the company and our contract was still active. Now come a year later our contract has become amenable, company files for mediation and now the company has a lawsuit and TRO against both unions. We are not negotiating and just today I read that the meditators cancelled the next round of negotiations because the company has more legal stuff to present to the judge. In my opinion this tells me the company has no further intention to negotiate with the association. Instead they want to keep on blocking us in the courts and put us on ice. We may see a contract to vote on but it won't be anything great at this point. The association may even be forced by the courts to vote on companys proposal. Who knows what's going to happen next. I do know the association screwed the pooch thanks to the lack of cooperation between the TWU and IAM. Samuelsons strong arm tactic with his vocal outburst directed at a VP set us back when it comes to civilized negotiations between the two sides.

I bet Samuelson will do the trump thing, vote on what AA already put out there and call it a victory.

I think Isom will let association swing in the wind for another year, possibly after pilots and FAs get another contract, then offer what they already offered, and we are all stuck. We have to pay union dues because TWU will have us terminated otherwise and AA has to deal with association to give us a contract.

But he said he wouldnt sign off on anything concessionary
Remember 2010 when another NYer Bob Owens said, vote no AA can offered to pay more, send them back into negotiations. Letter after letter sent around the system.

Well AA got the concessions it wanted and we left $65k plus and contract improvements on the table, and it’s still adding up.

What’s with NYers and their inability to get a deal worked out. If neither side is happy with the outcome, that’s probably the fairest deal.

The problem with the ILC is the interpretation. For most, it means better than what we have. However, the piece most nuts is that we can go backwards and still be in a position to be Industry Leading, especially in Scope.

ILC doesn't necessarily mean better then what we have, just that it won't be worse than everyone else.
I know, and that is what sucks about the boat you all are in right now.

Then what?
Then back to the table and continue nego's. Why you ask? Are you scared to vote no?? C'mon man, get on board NYer. You really seam to be leaning towards the co. side on all this, what gives???

Thats my question.

If its shot down how long wld it be til we have another shot. N with FAs n pilots n soon to be CWA talks coming up question wld be how long or wld mgmt try to fastrak it or leave it
Don't know about American, but at SWA , the F/As, Pilots, and Stores, and Maintenance went a year between the No votes and the next T/A. What is American's offers been between failed ratification votes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts