American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he was being facetious...

Lol... judge throwing the book at the ass..

Never fear folks, the ass will figure a way out of this and we'll all come out winners as a result.

So if you didn't watch Parker today, of course he blamed "a few" of the mechanics on the problems AA is having and the snowball effect that it is creating for the other "team members". He says since the TRO, nothing has improved.

He (in his opinion and knowing he will get heavy criticism) feels the most problematic issue is the Association. And yes, having to deal with this ridiculous form of representation. He also made it clear that those who were representing us were not even AA or LUS employees or even in the airline industry. He was speaking international.

Finally, he said the NMB had requested the two sides meet on Aug 15th not to negotiate, but to just meet face to face and get a status update. He said he felt that date was picked so that the Judge had his permanent injunction ruling and the NMB could see where things stood...

Seems the Association's efforts to comply with modified TRO aren't satisfactory.
my AGC, Gill SImmons, came into our breakroom and apparently said that the union has no plans to fine or discipline anyone and that they were just following the TRO. As it turns out, according to the info you posted, this is what the union has been doing everywhere.

What is significant, is that the company said the slowdown is mostly still happening. I would guess that the union will get fined. Peterson, Samuelson, and Garcia and Pantoja just don't listen. Gonna cost the union a lot.i
It will cost them a contract vote, and fairly quickly I would imagine...
f not then they may have to revoke their certification otherwise it may be billed hundreds of millions.

So if you didn't watch Parker today, of course he blamed "a few" of the mechanics on the problems AA is having and the snowball effect that it is creating for the other "team members". He says since the TRO, nothing has improved.

He (in his opinion and knowing he will get heavy criticism) feels the most problematic issue is the Association. And yes, having to deal with this ridiculous form of representation. He also made it clear that those who were representing us were not even AA or LUS employees or even in the airline industry. He was speaking international.

Finally, he said the NMB had requested the two sides meet on Aug 15th not to negotiate, but to just meet face to face and get a status update. He said he felt that date was picked so that the Judge had his permanent injunction ruling and the NMB could see where things stood...
What is wrong with the union thugs?
The judge will fine them and continue to fine them.
I dont think the company will or should let them off the hook since the pilots will see that as soft. Shut the union down!

Our Association is a joke. Put the contract out for a vote. We’re not going to get everything we want. Meanwhile the union collects dues every month. We could lose some employees. I have been in aviation maintenance for 40 years. It is time for a vote!!!!

I guess you don't realize that changing unions includes the decertification of the current one.

Again. You guys want to believe what you want to believe, then so be it.

Having changed unions twice at my carrier, I’m more than aware that bringing in a new union decertified another. I’m also aware how said elections are carried out, and I’ve read the NMB representation manual and I’m familiar with said rules. I’ve read the NMBs NPRM changing the straw man rules, and as such I know that those rules(or the proposed changes) DO NOT change the manner in which one union may replace another.

So you can believe what you like, I’ll go with the rules and NPRM as published by the NMB.

I
Don't think there was ever an intent for the Company to have the union discipline or fine any member. Anticipating that wouldn't happen only opens the door for the Association to be held in contempt, which would include a financial component against them.

THAT, I believe, was the end game to include that language for the discipline and fine in the Modified TRO.
agree

I guess you don't realize that changing unions includes the decertification of the current one.

Again. You guys want to believe what you want to believe, then so be it.
YES! YES! YES! Please decertify this abortion union called an asso. And get a mechanic related class and craft union in here.

FUK Parker...

Having changed unions twice at my carrier, I’m more than aware that bringing in a new union decertified another. I’m also aware how said elections are carried out, and I’ve read the NMB representation manual and I’m familiar with said rules. I’ve read the NMBs NPRM changing the straw man rules, and as such I know that those rules(or the proposed changes) DO NOT change the manner in which one union may replace another.

So you can believe what you like, I’ll go with the rules and NPRM as published by the NMB.
I have been telling him this for the past few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts