American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the TWU knows well that the IAM will not move off their position. Kind of hard to go to your members and tell them they get a worse deal than what they have. What does the TWU have to say about that ? Nothing. Now Parker is bad mouthing the Association, and the union meeting with the NMB is just to touch base with them. This is a situation that has moved in the wrong direction. Amazing how a horrible business choice by the TWU could snowball into something this pathetic. And they won't own up to it either.

I’m in the IAM, and their position on the insurance and IAMPF is not that popular among many in our group.
We are loosing money day after day this doesn’t get resolved
Money we will never get back. So yes we will pay more for insurance eventually but never get back the pay and other benefit increases we are now loosing out on

I’m in the IAM, and their position on the insurance and IAMPF is not that popular among many in our group.
Money we will never get back. So yes we will pay more for insurance eventually but never get back the pay and other benefit increases we are now loosing out on
exactly. A lus with 80% family health care is paying $1,500 a month to keep that health care when you factor in opportunity cost.
Plus we lose our health care anyways in 2 years.
As far as the pension, 99% will be thankful to finally get out.

\

Yes, whomever TWU Local 100 is. They have controlled the TWU Convention since before I was involved. If the Judge issues a PRO ( permanent restraining order ) fines the union, where is the union going to raise that kind of money? The AFL-CIO? No, they have a political campaign to run. If the union believes that the membership is going to pay for their screw up the results will be disastrous. They are looking for decertification or a probable class-action lawsuit. It has been said that once millions of dollars in fines a laid against the union that a T/A will emerge and the results will be a contract with the fines going away, with the company getting even more. Wasn't it the pilots that had a $45 million sick out ending in a bad situation that favored the company.
Judge orders an order
Judge fines union over $200 million plus meter running.
Company and union enter an arrangement for a recommendation, and arbitration if their is a no vote.
Thats the story im sticking by.

Amfa gets in with no problem.

TWU home turf and Samuelsons backyard. I wonder why the union did not pursue or even jump in with the city of New York on this?
I guess it's a hush up order coming from the International legal council.

Exactly 1AA. Isn't all members wondering the same thing? Why would they not?
The exact same thoughts I had...

\

Yes, whomever TWU Local 100 is. They have controlled the TWU Convention since before I was involved. If the Judge issues a PRO ( permanent restraining order ) fines the union, where is the union going to raise that kind of money? The AFL-CIO? No, they have a political campaign to run. If the union believes that the membership is going to pay for their screw up the results will be disastrous. They are looking for decertification or a probable class-action lawsuit. It has been said that once millions of dollars in fines a laid against the union that a T/A will emerge and the results will be a contract with the fines going away, with the company getting even more. Wasn't it the pilots that had a $45 million sick out ending in a bad situation that favored the company.

Pilots were forced to agree to the 50 seat jets in exchange for the $45M judgement to go away. Hopefully, it doesn't get to a fine since that can create even more negatives making it into language.

Last edited:
Judge orders an order
Judge fines union over $200 million plus meter running.
Company and union enter an arrangement for a recommendation, and arbitration if their is a no vote.
Thats the story im sticking by.

Amfa gets in with no problem.
Man, for once I hope your right.

Pilots were forced to agree to the 50 seat jets in exchange for the $45M judgement to go away. Hopefully, it doesn't get to a fine since that can create even more negatives making it to language.

I too hope it doesn't come to that, but, I'm afraid the co. will be successful with their convincing the Judge of the requirement of the Perm. RO. Not hard to do with the videos and written statements from the leaders of this asso. I also think a fine will be used in order to get the two sides back to the table with current offer soon to be out for a vote. Quite possibly the scenario that Tim is suggesting. Order granted, fine given to union, and the co. offering to drop or forego the fines if the membership was to vote in the offer. Sort of just like what happened to the Pilots in your post above. I would also think that AA would be smart enough to throw the threat of going to binding arbitration if a no vote was to come out of it. They will more than likely get the union to agree to it prior to sending it out for the vote.
I know these are all scenarios and guesses, but, have we not see this exact game played out before?
Next week marks the Aug timeline the Judge was waiting for, so we will see. Maybe not in the first week but at least by the 2nd week of Aug.

67540584_2481630041857944_5281187178385244160_n.jpg

Heard this morning that UPS is about $63.

I must admit I do not know the exact costs of the LUS medical plans but I was led to believe the most expensive plan was around 500 $ cheaper than we have at LAA. Don't know the numbers as for people in each plan but 500 $ difference is quite a bit. The pension is just an unfortunate problem as is our frozen plan. 401K does OK and is better than nothing. If it is so that many LUS fleet people are not happy then it makes this situation even more foolish. We really have not heard a thing out of the IAM leadership, so it looks like they have played the TWU people. The silence speaks volumes about that, not that I blame them. Either way the Association comes off as a severely dysfunctional partnership that could end up costing all of us from both groups. Sad.

I too hope it doesn't come to that, but, I'm afraid the co. will be successful with their convincing the Judge of the requirement of the Perm. RO. Not hard to do with the videos and written statements from the leaders of this asso. I also think a fine will be used in order to get the two sides back to the table with current offer soon to be out for a vote. Quite possibly the scenario that Tim is suggesting. Order granted, fine given to union, and the co. offering to drop or forego the fines if the membership was to vote in the offer. Sort of just like what happened to the Pilots in your post above. I would also think that AA would be smart enough to throw the threat of going to binding arbitration if a no vote was to come out of it. They will more than likely get the union to agree to it prior to sending it out for the vote.
I know these are all scenarios and guesses, but, have we not see this exact game played out before?
Next week marks the Aug timeline the Judge was waiting for, so we will see. Maybe not in the first week but at least by the 2nd week of Aug.

The status meeting in August will gauge the temperature in the room. If the NMB believes the Association is still not ready to move ahead then the fines that come with being in contempt come to the forefront.

I'm sure the TWU lawyers are cautioning the overplay of the rhetoric. Standing in the way of reasoning is the TWU's attempt to not look weak as that's been the excuse used for prior contracts.

The status meeting in August will gauge the temperature in the room. If the NMB believes the Association is still not ready to move ahead then the fines that come with being in contempt come to the forefront.

I'm sure the TWU lawyers are cautioning the overplay of the rhetoric. Standing in the way of reasoning is the TWU's attempt to not look weak as that's been the excuse used for prior contracts.
And the way out of this mess is?
The iam has no interest in settling and the twu is bound by its associates...

Really? I bet those TWU lawyers are doing what Samuelson tells them to do. That's what the Teamsters did when I was a business rep for them, and that's what the IAM does. The latest update with the video of Parker will be shown to the court as well and argued as contempt. The Association is actually inciting the situation and I can't imagine one lawyer telling them to do so. These guys are narcissists and, imo, that may end up good for us since we won't get a contract anytime soon unless the Judge goes by the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back