American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
you mean if sito decides to bring it back thats who actually controls the association. the negotiating committee on the iam side votes as they are told so that vote is a technicality. the real votes are the chair and vice chair and since the iam controls everything the vice chair is just a technicality.

The vote by the NC is most definitely a formality, more than anything else, but the point is they're needed in place to take a vote and send a TA to the floor.

The NMB ordered the company to take them down as all of those weren’t actual proposals.

That sounds like a little bit of propaganda.

Who's to believe that after 5 months the NMB decided to have those proposals taken down, some of which are still on the Association website.

Hardly, plausible.

is there a "i'll believe it when i see it emoji? because i have trouble believing anything either side says. just for a gee whiz i printed the proposal off of jetnet when it came out.you never know against all odds something could actually happen.
I was gonna ask if anyone had a copy...will be interesting to compare.

That sounds like a little bit of propaganda.

Who's to believe that after 5 months the NMB decided to have those proposals taken down, some of which are still on the Association website.

Hardly, plausible.
Not propaganda. They don’t have access to JetNet and it was brought to their attention. You especially you are going to be quite surprised.

TA only comes back if Negotiating Committee accepts and votes to do so.
Well if that’s the case then there will be no TA if they hold onto what they have been doing so far.
So just as I figured nothing happens this week or any week in the future until the impasse is declared and then arbitration is suggested and since the union doesn’t want that then they will deal.
I see this being prolonged unfortunately

How do you know the BOD is getting restless??

I was wondering that my self. Not sure about the BOD but im getting restless...
Have you guys not seen the articles indicating that Parker could be replaced soon?
There are several of them out there pointing out stock price, increased cost, the summer fiasco, the new contracts still not complete, the Latam and ALK news against AA, etc... It goes on and on, and there is more but going by memory only. When articles like these start getting out with customers, investors and employees having second thoughts, then yes the BOD will start to get restless with all the negative news out there about AA right now. No personal knowledge of them getting restless, but trust me, when the negative news keeps going they do start to wonder what to do next to stop the negative news.

Have you guys not seen the articles indicating that Parker could be replaced soon?
There are several of them out there pointing out stock price, increased cost, the summer fiasco, the new contracts still not complete, the Latam and ALK news against AA, etc... It goes on and on, and there is more but going by memory only. When articles like these start getting out with customers, investors and employees having second thoughts, then yes the BOD will start to get restless with all the negative news out there about AA right now. No personal knowledge of them getting restless, but trust me, when the negative news keeps going they do start to wonder what to do next to stop the negative news.
I agree pressure is building. But ill beleive it when i see it

Status
Not open for further replies.