American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im more concerned what the injunction will cost tge twu....
Some have said $20 million but its closer to $100 million. Not sure how the twu and iam will split that but the iam may want the twu to merge or pay 68% of the bill since thats how many twu mx there is.
Court case is suppose to receive the refute from the union bosses today unless they postponed again.

Some have said $20 million but its closer to $100 million. Not sure how the twu and iam will split that but the iam may want the twu to merge or pay 68% of the bill since thats how many twu mx there is.
Court case is suppose to receive the refute from the union bosses today unless they postponed again.

Could that be the long game? The IAM refuses to accept deal, the airline pursues the fine, the TWU is overwhelmed in the finances and forced to cede to the IAM who takes over the whole thing. IAM gains 120K+ Members

Could that be the long game? The IAM refuses to accept deal, the airline pursues the fine, the TWU is overwhelmed in the finances and forced to cede to the IAM who takes over the whole thing. IAM gains 120K+ Members
Dunno but i want my money. Time to break the piggy bank.
We are losing $1700 a month screwing around being hostaged by a United Airline Board of Director.
If the iam wants the twu, fine, but give us our money instead of bleeding the workers to bleed the twu.

OK I have quesitons.

First, why did you not go to Southwest? Especially after the bankruptcy (November 29, 2011)? What would possess you to stay with a company that double dipped in the ole concession pool?

What does being 55 have to do with anything?

I really don't think it happens more often than I think....... There is also the fact that you really have no way to track or compile those numbers so your claims are fiction at best.
Well then you are wrong!
Birdman is correct there are numerous X-AA mechs here that started coming here even before the BK. They were just sick and tired of it all. I can also name 6-8 sups that also came from AA, some came in as mechs and some came in as sups. Every single one of them all said they wished they had done it earlier. The biggest and most popular excuse they told me was starting all over again. That is hard to do in a strong union and seniority industry after doing it already for 15, 16, 20, 24 and 28 years. And no, that is no exaggeration, there are guys that I spoke with personally that left AA after 20-28 years. 28 being the highest I have heard of so far. Hell our ND of AMFA had somewhere between 15-20 years when he came over.
It's not all just AA. NW, United, US Air, Frontier, AirTran (prior to purchase) America West, Jet Blue, Spirit etc... After 2001 and the attacks, the entire airline industry saw how SWA kept all their employees, even the ones just hired the week of 9-11. After 9-11 we started getting floods of other airline mechanics from all the other airlines. We still are to this day getting them that want to increase their QOL and work for a very stable co. that better treats their employees rather than face the day to day lay-offs and displacements.
All you AA'ers that are even considering leaving AA for SWA, get a hold of the ones that have already done it and quiz them and ask for their opinions. All of them will tell you they wished they did it a long time ago.
Vortilon, I bet you are kicking yourself for not pulling that trigger to go to SWA.

How much money you think AMFA is going to spend fighting this in court? Its a very small union with limited resources
Wrong. There are many resources afforded to AMFA, including in house. You see this is where the non educated get it all wrong about AMFA. It doesn't matter how much it cost, AMFA will spend the money to represent. Not like the teamsters when they were here and just not fight anything because they were broke. Yea broke! Local 19 was 15 million in the negative when they were put in a freeze and the international took it over. Part of that was the scam the Pres and secretary was stealing from the locals funds.
We just got a boost with Horizon coming on board. And there are more than just one other big airline out there working to get AMFA.

Dunno but i want my money. Time to break the piggy bank.
We are losing $1700 a month screwing around being hostaged by a United Airline Board of Director.
If the iam wants the twu, fine, but give us our money instead of bleeding the workers to bleed the twu.
Agreed this BS has gone on long enough and those out here paying their damn paychecks are getting the shaft

Wrong. There are many resources afforded to AMFA, including in house. You see this is where the non educated get it all wrong about AMFA. It doesn't matter how much it cost, AMFA will spend the money to represent. Not like the teamsters when they were here and just not fight anything because they were broke. Yea broke! Local 19 was 15 million in the negative when they were put in a freeze and the international took it over. Part of that was the scam the Pres and secretary was stealing from the locals funds.
We just got a boost with Horizon coming on board. And there are more than just one other big airline out there working to get AMFA.
I would say Amfa has no where near the 10 million in their treasury.Can you name the other resources you speak of.How many members does AMFA have educate me

sounds like BS, the IAM could have forced a vote before the association was formed, but didn’t. They probably would have won.

I could believe that IAM doesn’t want any part of any fine, because IAM president wasn’t dumb enough to threaten AA on camera.

I can easily see IAM getting healthcare for their members and LAA mechs supplementing their healthcare with less of a contract. Maybe no shift diff, sick time, or something in order for IAM to help with fine.

it’s sad that I can believe or even think that the association would be capable of that.

sounds like BS, the IAM could have forced a vote before the association was formed, but didn’t. They probably would have won.

I could believe that IAM doesn’t want any part of any fine, because IAM president wasn’t dumb enough to threaten AA on camera.

I can easily see IAM getting healthcare for their members and LAA mechs supplementing their healthcare with less of a contract. Maybe no shift diff, sick time, or something in order for IAM to help with fine.

it’s sad that I can believe or even think that the association would be capable of that.
sign a card

if they are equal associates,they should share the fine equally. especially since most of the disruptions were in iam stations

if they are equal associates,they should share the fine equally. especially since most of the disruptions were in iam stations
Both unions wanted this marriage so both should take responsibility and be held accountable. Period, no ifs and or buts about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back