American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
YOU don’t agree with it??????? YOU don’t work here man. Lol. Jeez.

On top of that “most” members don’t give a rats ass at all. “Most” people just come to work and want to make a decent paycheck which ALL of us who are at TOS at AA, Delta, SWA and UAL do.

If you don’t believe me think about this. Some people here in MIA started a petition to get the last President put in the room directly in the talks (Part of his failed campaign strategy BTW)

That dopey ass petition only got around 200 people systemwide to sign it.

All the Membership gives a piss and vinegar about is getting a good Contract. No they don’t give a shite who the hell gets it for them at the end of the day.
It's all about unionism as a whole. It also shows how fked up these industrial unions are with taking over the nego's to speed things along and now the EC still has no contract after 2 years of taking over after 1 or 2 years of original nego's. You guys are in the exact same spot we were at 4 years. The company will just now start nego in decent faith going forward. Your co. played and is still playing the exact same play book as SWA did with us, play-by-play exactly the same. Even down to the VP of labor from both coming and claiming all kinds of stuff and totally taking the nego's off the rails.
So why are people (your people) asking why they were all removed from nego's wez? Because they still do not know why and never did...

Hey Rogs can you call someone in TUL and ask him to answer this guy on Facebook already? I mean for Gods sake how much longer does he need to wait after 14 weeks now?

View attachment 13721
Or he could take the smarter route and hire AMFA's attorney like numerous others have at AA that were fired and they did not trust the union attorneys to get them back so they hired AMFA's attorneys and they got their jobs back with full back pay.
Now that speaks volumes...

It's all about unionism as a whole. It also shows how fked up these industrial unions are with taking over the nego's to speed things along and now the EC still has no contract after 2 years of taking over after 1 or 2 years of original nego's. You guys are in the exact same spot we were at 4 years. The company will just now start nego in decent faith going forward. Your co. played and is still playing the exact same play book as SWA did with us, play-by-play exactly the same. Even down to the VP of labor from both coming and claiming all kinds of stuff and totally taking the nego's off the rails.
So why are people (your people) asking why they were all removed from nego's wez? Because they still do not know why and never did...

I do recognize that this is extremely difficult for you to understand what with your personal agenda issues and all BUT and I have no interest in getting down in the weeds with you our Negotiators since this was a merger needed to start from scratch to basically build new agreements based off of two separate contractual and institutional philosophies AND have the Company agree to TA each one.

You’re group over at Southwest Airlines never had to start from scratch.

IAM had Contracts
TWU has Contracts
Association has to reach Contracts

Exactly. Of course they are being kept in the dark, it's their MO.

No. It’s you who are being kept in the dark apparently by AMFA over there at your airline since you are now coming up on year 7 of talks.

Holy chit I can’t even begin to imagine wasting 7 years waiting for a contract. (We’re officially past 3 now)

Negotiations update from IAM AGC Mark Baskett.

Briefing for 1-19-19

NEGOTIATIONS: Hi everyone. Hopefully most of you have read the association briefing by now. While it might sound as if not much was accomplished this past week, at least I feel we made some decent progress. Our executive team made it clear to the two mediators and the company that they wanted to use this past week as well as the next weeks we have scheduled to address the major issues we have outstanding.

Even though full negotiating teams were present, it was still the executive team that met with the mediators and company. The negotiating teams which were in a separate room, were briefed two times each day on what was going on. Those briefs took place at noon, and at the end of the day.

This past week was used mainly to go over the insurance issues and cost. The executive team presented the cost of our insurance programs to the company and mediators. Of course the company had their cost of the insurances that they want us to go to.

When I speak of insurance, yes it means the medical. But also presented was the dental, vision, short term and long term disability etc. While I know that the medical is the biggest issue that we all talk about, all insurances and cost were discussed.

We were also briefed on some financial issues that were discussed. And the length of the contract.

Toward the end of the week, the executive team with the mediators set up the scope agenda to be discussed at the next meeting. The next meeting in FLL, is suppose to be on scope, which if this does happen, should be a interesting week.

As many of you have heard me say, scope and insurance, with scope being the biggest are in my opinion the two main issues keeping these talks from concluding. It appears the company is being very picky about what is included in fleet scope. Our first goal with scope is to simply guarantee all work that is being performed today. And then if successful with that, to put language in to grow our scope as the company grows. But the company doesn't even want to guarantee us the work that we are performing today at all locations.

Think about it. This doesn't cost the company one more cent than what it cost them today, since we are already performing this work today. So if that doesn't tell everyone out there just what the company wants to do with our work over time, then you need to wake up. Obviously if they don't want to guarantee what we are doing today, then they want to shrink and take away some portions of that over the period of the contract. We simply can't give up our current work. Work that I remind you we do today under a LUS 2014 agreement as the 5th largest carrier, or under a bankrupt TWU agreement. Its not asking too much from now the worlds largest carrier making record profits, for us to be guaranteed that work.

MEDIATION: Just another quick reminder, because many are still confused. Now that the NMB is in control of these talks. When we meet and where we meet, and for how long we meet, is in their control. And yes, again, we could meet without the mediators, but as of now, the company has refused to do this. Our next session again is scheduled for the week of January 28th in Fll.
So where did Mark go weez? (GVPSPIAM)
His members have asked him several times on here why they were removed from the nego table?? And he refuses to answer. Why is that weez? Where did your handler go weez??
They don't want the membership to know. Keep them in the dark until T/A day just like I said from the get go. Watch and learn again weez. T/A day all will find out what this pathetic EC cmte agrees with the company on...

Or he could take the smarter route and hire AMFA's attorney like numerous others have at AA that were fired and they did not trust the union attorneys to get them back so they hired AMFA's attorneys and they got their jobs back with full back pay.
Now that speaks volumes...

AMFA’s attorneys????? Are you NUTS? Maybe we hire them to advise us and we can be negotiating like you idiots over there have been for almost 7 years.

I bet I’ll be retired before Lee Seeham gets you a deal and loses his cash cow sheepies.

I do recognize that this is extremely difficult for you to understand what with your personal agenda issues and all BUT and I have no interest in getting down in the weeds with you our Negotiators since this was a merger needed to start from scratch to basically build new agreements based off of two separate contractual and institutional philosophies AND have the Company agree to TA each one.

You’re group over at Southwest Airlines never had to start from scratch.

IAM had Contracts
TWU has Contracts
Association has to reach Contracts

No. It’s you who are being kept in the dark apparently by AMFA over there at your airline since you are now coming up on year 7 of talks.

Holy chit I can’t even begin to imagine wasting 7 years waiting for a contract. (We’re officially past 3 now)
WEAK.
Of course you don't want to get in the weeds weez. Your tired of looking bad.
I am never in the dark with our nego's very much so the opposite, AMFA knows how to give detailed updates to keep the membership informed and united. Not uninformed and divided. Just like the asso is and is the real reason why the EC had to step in. To stop all the internal bickering, fighting, and control issues with the two different unions at the helms. They just won't admit it as it would really look bad for them to admit this asso between two different unions was a very, very bad idea after all. They knew they would never come to an agreement.

His members have asked him several times on here why they were removed from the nego table?? And he refuses to answer. Why is that weez? Where did your handler go weez??
They don't want the membership to know. Keep them in the dark until T/A day just like I said from the get go. Watch and learn again weez. T/A day all will find out what this pathetic EC cmte agrees with the company on...

And you’ll never find out what’s agreed to because AMFA will never get you a deal.

BTW how come AMFA never PUBLICLY released the results of that “supposed” vote you had where you rejected?

Some BS transparent Union you got over there. THEY LIED!!!!!! IT PASSED and they won’t admit it.

2C59384E-C421-4743-8E99-015F03CCACCD.png

WEAK.
Of course you don't want to get in the weeds weez. Your tired of looking bad.
I am never in the dark with our nego's very much so the opposite, AMFA knows how to give detailed updates to keep the membership informed and united. Not uninformed and divided. Just like the asso is and is the real reason why the EC had to step in. To stop all the internal bickering, fighting, and control issues with the two different unions at the helms. They just won't admit it as it would really look bad for them to admit this asso between two different unions was a very, very bad idea after all. They knew they would never come to an agreement.

Curious? Why did you need to start with me again when we have both been civil and left each other alone?

BTW you have the balls to say we’ll never come to an agreement when you’ve been talking for SEVEN FREAKIN YEARS!!!!!

C8CF065F-4E67-495B-B0A0-55A7D72B57D5.png

0A180373-8343-4EFD-A52F-D3065AEFEC84.jpeg
I am not Mark.

And Mark was available all weekend long on the Charlotte IAM Fleet Service group on Facebook.

And th EC starters signing their names on the updates in March 2017.

Reactions: B737 driver
So what’s left here on Forums as the most critical combatants against our Union are in no particular running order.

A Mechanic from another Airline that AA has major direct competition against.

A guy who claims he’s a Banker with some morbid curiosity here who always needs to let us know his name.

An Employee who became a Union dues objector because all of his attacks against the IAM finally caused a reaction.

And another Employee of another Airline who claims he wants a Union but constantly attacks anyone who’s leading or supporting it.

And then a handful of ACTUAL (maybe) Employees who do have some legitimate gripes.

This is one hell of a site to come and play ball on.

Happy Martin Luther King day.

View attachment 13729
I am not Mark.

And Mark was available all weekend long on the Charlotte IAM Fleet Service group on Facebook.

And th EC starters signing their names on the updates in March 2017.

I believe that page is where Mark interacts with the members he actually represents.

Not sure if he’s under any obligation to come here and entertain a

SWA Employee
A Banker
A Dues objector and
A DAL Employee.

Am I wrong?

I am not Mark
Dude did you not know... EVERYONE, or ANYONE that does not agree with trashing the association and the leadership, is a 'union leader'...
Using that logic, the association has more leaders than members. EVERYONE is on the committee, or is Sito etc.

I believe that page is where Mark interacts with the members he actually represents.

Not sure if he’s under any obligation to come here and entertain a

SWA Employee
A Banker
A Dues objector and
A DAL Employee.

Am I wrong?
And another SWA employee that likes to read, and see what is going on. I have 15 years to go, and I bet in 15 years,-we will have one contract and be working on negotiating the next one when I retire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts