American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of these is not like the others:

BTW once again let me remind that there are American Airlines Negotiations happening this week in case anyone cares about what’s happening at American Airlines in the American Airlines threads for those people who work at American Airlines and not Delta, United, Southwest, Menzies, UGS, DGS, Walmart, Burger King or any other hodgepodge of whoever, whatever anyone wants to talk about here off topic on Airline Forums.

Just to lend any assistance that might be needed. If you look from the American Airlines threads down you will notice Delta is the second after, Southwest Airlines is 4th after, followed by United at 5th and then Regionals 6th.

There are also other threads for other issues all over these boards if it strikes any outsiders or interested parties fancies.

I mean personally I don’t find it that difficult myself to find other areas of the boards to talk about different topics but maybe I’m smarter than some here and needed to educate how to get there?

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump will nominate former Delta Air Lines executive Steve Dickson to head the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the White House said on Tuesday, as the aviation agency grapples with fallout from two fatal crashes in Boeing airplanes.

Reuters reported on March 8 that Trump was expected to soon nominate Dickson to run the 45,000-employee agency that oversees U.S. airspace. Dickson left Delta in October after 27 years.

Last edited:
scope is not going to gain until there is some movement from the iam and their issues. which wont happen so look for an impasse years from now. the lack of vision for the future from both the iam and the twu is very discouraging.what they stress to the mushrooms (the membership) is not whats in the fore front of their priorities. the iam has acted like they class bully exploiting its position over the association from day 1. hopefully the membership will wake up one day (doubtful) and see the association for what it is. until then look for aa employees to languish in purgatory and bankruptcy benefits....while iam members reap the benefits of the takeover.

What are the IAM’s issues? In Maintenance and Related they have pretty much no Related at all. The TWU has more to lose in M&R than the IAM does by far.

Nothing personal to those guys but do you ever even read a single peep coming out of IAM DL 142? Their issues are your issues. They need more freakin work.

Are you not paying attention to Samuelsen and Peterson?

the iampnf does not bring in dues, but it does bring guaranteed revenue to the iam, a 401k match does not. they WILL NOT GIVE THAT UP, EVER until forced. until then we will never see a jcba. yes they are focused on dues payers but just what they have. they dont have the vision to get the membership onboard with transparency and communication. no it will be settled either thru impasse or a backroom deal will be made

The IAMPF does not bring in any revenue to the IAM as an organization. It’s completely separate from the IAM treasury.

And they will give up (freeze) the IAMPF in a heartbeat if the price is right. The percentage and formula the Company offered was just not the right price. IMO make it an 11% Match (6% Contribution and 5% Match) and the IAM will pounce on the offer.

Now on the impasse. Can you tell me the last time there was an impasse in the Major Airline Industry and what happened then? And I don’t see Samuelsen or Garcia doing any “backroom” deals either.

Curious what kind of “backroom” deal do you think they would do anyway?

Remember these are “people” get your past experience you had with the entity out of your mind.

Thats
scope is not going to gain until there is some movement from the iam and their issues. which wont happen so look for an impasse years from now. the lack of vision for the future from both the iam and the twu is very discouraging.what they stress to the mushrooms (the membership) is not whats in the fore front of their priorities. the iam has acted like they class bully exploiting its position over the association from day 1. hopefully the membership will wake up one day (doubtful) and see the association for what it is. until then look for aa employees to languish in purgatory and bankruptcy benefits....while iam members reap the benefits of the takeover.

the iampnf does not bring in dues, but it does bring guaranteed revenue to the iam, a 401k match does not. they WILL NOT GIVE THAT UP, EVER until forced. until then we will never see a jcba. yes they are focused on dues payers but just what they have. they dont have the vision to get the membership onboard with transparency and communication. no it will be settled either thru impasse or a backroom deal will be made
the reason for the ass. With egual vote. So the iam want sign a ta to bring it back unless it has the iampf

I personally don’t see the company and union making any progress next negotiating. We need to get the companies attention like SWA did. All the company understands is lose of money. When the stock holders get sick of losing money then the company will negotiate a new deal.
the only reason they got a deal was because management had ldverage to get amfa to pay the $ for the slowdown.
Hes getting destroyed on Facebook, where did he come up with such a strategy? Its really hard for anyone to defend unless he is a supreme azz kiss
He is furious because he is a 2 time management flunkie. Im 100% convinced that he himself wants Isoms job and is hoping Parker finally hires him.
Juse a miserable management flunkie who is anti worker and a complete narcissist ego driven moron.

Tim do you find it odd how Peterson is the only one making Isom allegations.If the association would remove Peterson from negotiations would the company look at it as a sign of good faith and move ahead with negotiations.?My opinion is as long as Peterson.is there we will see no progress
obviously, Peterson is an idiot who has zero clue about Labor. Dude gained about 100lbs since he started his tin cap crap.
But the damage was already done. When them and weez went for the wages, they blew up our talks.

Status
Not open for further replies.