American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty discouraging news filtering out of negotiations.The company has no intention of getting serious in getting to a deal.

Pretty discouraging news filtering out of negotiations.The company has no intention of getting serious in getting to a deal.

I heard the same thing yesterday. Neither side was moving towards each other.

So much for the involvement of the Mediators?

I heard the same thing yesterday. Neither side was moving towards each other.

So much for the involvement of the Mediators?

Yep, sounds like they are pretty useless. We are going to have to make it happen. SWA just showed the way. The company will only respond to real pressure. Canceled and delayed flights are the only thing they understand. I`m really disappointed in some of the guys I work with. after all that has gone on. Knowing the company is just sitting back laughing. I still see guys going above and beyond to move metal and suck up to company crew chiefs and management. Really disappointed.

Reactions: Zom JFK and swamt
What did you guys expect with the ASSociation top negotiators:
1: Gary (Bipolar) Peterson
2: Alex ( ohh is my suit wrinkle) Garcia
3. Sito (only if IAMPF included) Pantoja

members are fat, dumb and happy!!!!!

What did you guys expect with the ASSociation top negotiators:
1: Gary (Bipolar) Peterson
2: Alex ( ohh is my suit wrinkle) Garcia
3. Sito (only if IAMPF included) Pantoja

members are fat, dumb and happy!!!!!

I assume if you and Jim Litter were back in there you would have the magic touch to strike a deal?

Concessionary deal of course.

“SHOW ME THE MONEY”

Yep, sounds like they are pretty useless. We are going to have to make it happen. SWA just showed the way. The company will only respond to real pressure. Canceled and delayed flights are the only thing they understand. I`m really disappointed in some of the guys I work with. after all that has gone on. Knowing the company is just sitting back laughing. I still see guys going above and beyond to move metal and suck up to company crew chiefs and management. Really disappointed.

Don’t televise certain ideas in writing hog or they can hold it against you in the future. There are some who naively think the Companies don’t monitor these sites or that they can hide behind a handle and the Company can’t get at them.

Otherwise there are plenty of suck ups in my group too. And then the stupid idiots wonder why they don’t have a new contract yet.

People flock in droves for free Hamburgers on “Employee Appreciation” Day. Or as the Company calls it “Employee Sucker” Day.

they earned $2.9 billion pre-tax, last year. this year, 2019..they're talking substantially more than that.

they just don't want to share with us. the pilots & F/As will no doubt look to get profit sharing contractualized - even parker hinted and encouraged this; and sign industry-leading contracts as promised by the company with their new philosophy of rewarding their true partners and true team members.

i read their intentions in january when everyone else, as in us, were promised contracts that are in-line with other airlines.

they earned $2.9 billion pre-tax, last year. this year, 2019..they're talking substantially more than that.

they just don't want to share with us. the pilots & F/As will no doubt look to get profit sharing contractualized - even parker hinted and encouraged this; and sign industry-leading contracts as promised by the company with their new philosophy of rewarding their true partners and true team members.

i read their intentions in january when everyone else, as in us, were promised contracts that are in-line with other airlines.

They want “in line” for our groups which means lost work, but they don’t necessarily want to compensate us in line if they don’t want to contractualize PS at the current formula in place at UAL where it’s in the IAM Contracts.

I’m beginning to think the Association should ask to be released from Mediation if there isn’t and doesn’t look like there’s going to be any further movement. (Yes impasse Gen)

I’m 100% positive the NMB won’t grant it but at least it gives more ammo to sell to the general public in a very good environment to spotlight Airline Executive Corporate Greed.

BTW Crema another area I just can’t wrap myself around is allowing Management to direct the workforce. Yes I do understand that ultimately they own the car but they just can’t drive it.

Here in MIA they’ve been on a tear hiring CSM’s. Don’t get me wrong they seem like nice enough people but they are absolutely clueless. Plus when it comes to paying attention to the details they don’t care. They’re hired automatons all walking around with clip boards. Semi clueless drones.

I can’t see them earning any respect from the workforce like the old school Supervisors used to have.

Weasy, I am not a fan of Jim Little fan he gave us this Botched Abortion of an ASSociation.

TWU has no leaders and the one in places of leadership SUCK.

They want “in line” for our groups which means lost work, but they don’t necessarily want to compensate us in line if they don’t want to contractualize PS at the current formula in place at UAL where it’s in the IAM Contracts.

I’m beginning to think the Association should ask to be released from Mediation if there isn’t and doesn’t look like there’s going to be any further movement. (Yes impasse Gen)

I’m 100% positive the NMB won’t grant it but at least it gives more ammo to sell to the general public in a very good environment to spotlight Airline Executive Corporate Greed.

agreed. if the company doesn't want to share right now, they will never share, only take. they are shameless, the NMB people have to be giggling.

that's why i had brought up arbitration. i understand that both parties have to to agree to it, and that may never happen. if they did, i understand and accept work will be gone, but the company will be opened up for profit sharing.

the one thing about arbitration, if accepted...if i were a union big-shooter, i would tell some of the top aa brass that you may lose your gig with aa...when the BOD realizes that you opened up aa to losing $350 million a year in profit sharing to assoc. members, when all it would have taken was adding $100 million a year in health insurance and sweeteners for a 5-6 year deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts