American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sito and the association know how much everyone is interested in the meeting but not a peep. We elect and pay these guy's salary,maybe we need to get our heads examined To think all along Bob was the sane one on this forum

I am in complete agreement that the communication on our JCBA and other issues has been worse than poor in many instances.

Trickle down economics is also known as supply side economics. If you want to do more reading about it, feel free to google what Republican President George H. W Bush had to say about it and deficits, or just wait a couple years and check the deficit.

Either way I see no point in trying to discuss it on logical terms.

In order to discuss it , you better know the history of it.

Forget about Bush, supply side economics started with the Democrats Patron Saint JFK

Wasn’t Clinton responsible for NAFTA?...neither side has been good for organized labor...the sad part is that major unions signed off on it...no foresight despite being warned back then...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/22/business/economy/nafta-labor-unions-wages.html

Wasn’t Clinton responsible for NAFTA?...neither side has been good for organized labor...the sad part is that major unions signed off on it...no foresight despite being warned back then...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/22/business/economy/nafta-labor-unions-wages.html

Are you familiar with how a bill becomes law? Congress is responsible for writing laws. Presidents can sign or veto them. A republican congress wrote the law. Yes Clinton signed it, and maybe he should have tried harder to stop it, but please let's stop with the fallacy that NAFTA was Clinton's sole doing. That is kind of like saying if a kitchen sends out bad food, the person who ate it is responsible for the food poisoning.

That lack of information is what allows the airline to fill the gaps and their version of the story gets more credibility from the Members that just want some information or an update.

Well it’s been 5 hours now and still no one is coming out to say what is missing in the updates that they need?

@NYer has done this many times on these forums and can do it better than me. I am sure Piedmont can as well. Can either NYer or Piedmont throw some of the many things out on here?

I can tell you the Republican governors of many states have tried to union bust. Ohio and Wisconsin come to mind. Again, I am not saying that Democrats are perfect, but any implication that Democrats are not friendlier to organized labor than republicans are provably false.

Under the Obama Administration, there has been a more labor-friendly response from the NLRB who have made it easier for certain groups to organize while making it harder for companies to retaliate against them. They've made it easier for women to be able to demand equal pay as men. They have championed the attempt to raise the minimum wage. They have forced corporate insurance coverage to include pre-existing conditions which help many to switch positions and still get coverage. They have supported an increase in Family Leave and paid sick leave. They supported the car industry bailout, they invested in infrastructure. They tried to protect the working man and their savings by making it harder for big banks to speculate with pensions and 401K's. They made investment bankers have a fiduciary relationship with their client, in other words, they had to work for the clients best interest.

There are many, many things that were done that were a benefit of the union workers and workers in general.

Under the Obama Administration, there has been a more labor-friendly response from the NLRB who have made it easier for certain groups to organize while making it harder for companies to retaliate against them. They've made it easier for women to be able to demand equal pay as men. They have championed the attempt to raise the minimum wage. They have forced corporate insurance coverage to include pre-existing conditions which help many to switch positions and still get coverage. They have supported an increase in Family Leave and paid sick leave. They supported the car industry bailout, they invested in infrastructure. They tried to protect the working man and their savings by making it harder for big banks to speculate with pensions and 401K's. They made investment bankers have a fiduciary relationship with their client, in other words, they had to work for the clients best interest.

There are many, many things that were done that were a benefit of the union workers and workers in general.

Thank you for the excellent answer.

I am in complete agreement that the communication on our JCBA and other issues has been worse than poor in many instances.

Again I ask what is it exactly do you feel is missing that they could provide?

Did the Company provide any information about items that have been TA’d or offer the fine print for any of their Jetnet supposals?

I know I am falling into a subject that has been discussed for some time, but Sito on the board of UAL isn't that a conflict of interest?
It reminds me of Bob Crandall getting his hand spank for discussing airline business with Braniff.
weassles misses your point. The conflict of interest isnt having a Board seat but having a board director as our chief negotiator. Its a conflict of interest. Sito bagged $43,000 in total compensation as a Director on Uniteds board and he signed a sworn loyalty to responsibilities at United because of it.
The IAM never occupied that board seat with a chief negotiator prior to Sito. Usually went to a retiree like peterpaul or canale but never to someone in actual negotiations.

American will refuse to disclose certain financial information to Sito.

nobody listens to weez. His handlers make him look dumb as his main reason on here, by his own disclosure, was to get all threads locked.

Still trying to gain NYer’s favor by “”attacking”” me huh Tim. Honestly I think the two of you could make a decent pair.

Now tell us some more about your election ok. You know, Fake News.

None of those "many, many things" helped us here at AA at all.
Obama and the Dems were complete failures, that's why the beotch lost.

None of those "many, many things" helped us here at AA at all.
Obama and the Dems were complete failures, that's why the beotch lost.

Just for a moment. No Hillary Clinton did not lose because of the POTUS in office during her run. She lost because ultimately she wasn’t particularly popular or well liked and it felt as if she was anointed to run rather than working a pack to earn the right to run.

The Republicans on the other hand gave their constituents multiple options of which ultimately was chosen Donald Trump. And Donald Trump worked much harder to win then his Democratic rival did including going to States that the Democrats assumed were a lock for them and that was a fatal error.

And despite Clinton winning the popular vote there is a good reason for the Electoral College to exist or your most densified States would always determine the outcome and smaller States would have no consideration at all and be completely ignored.

Now it would be nice for this to go up to the Water Cooler where it belongs. I know I can go off topic but this conversation is going way out there now.

Just for a moment. No Hillary Clinton did not lose because of the POTUS in office during her run. She lost because ultimately she wasn’t particularly popular or well liked and it felt as if she was anointed to run rather than working a pack to earn the right to run.

The Republicans on the other hand gave their constituents multiple options of which ultimately was chosen Donald Trump. And Donald Trump worked much harder to win then his Democratic rival did including going to States that the Democrats assumed were a lock for them and that was a fatal error.

And despite Clinton winning the popular vote there is a good reason for the Electoral College to exist or your most densified States would always determine the outcome and smaller States would have no consideration at all and be completely ignored.

Now it would be nice for this to go up to the Water Cooler where it belongs. I know I can go off topic but this conversation is going way out there now.
No "White lash" Weez? I'm sure they would go back on topic if there were any new news but since our unions refuse to share...

No "White lash" Weez? I'm sure they would go back on topic if there were any new news but since our unions refuse to share...

Again same question although I’m not sure you even have the capability any more to be serious Al. What exactly are you looking for that hasn’t been shared that can or should be shared with us?

I think I’m asking a very simple question but no one seems to be able to take on an answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts