DALPA MEC Chair to step down

there has been nothing announced regarding any other employee groups and their PS.

DL employees have accumulated far larger profit sharing this year than any other airline in the US and perhaps the world. in fact, DL's profit sharing for this quarter was more than UA and WN combined. Since AA doesn't pay profit sharing, DL's profit sharing is probably more than all other carriers in the US.

and DL absolutely does use its solid revenue performance to put money back in the hands of its employees.

Just curious, Kev. Since PS is so strong and is tied to revenues, what are you doing now that you didn't do before to generate that kind of revenue performance? You have such a hard time acknowledging that revenue performance has a whole lot to do with a mgmt. team that knows how to allocated DL resources better than its peers - DL's RASM has led the industry once again. and also what WEREN'T you doing before that didn't generate that kind of revenue?

WorldTraveler said:
there has been nothing announced regarding any other employee groups and their PS.

but thats not true. 

Copy and paste the PS plan in the failed TA. It will be what we all get. 

And FWIW, if you are non-union......don't expect the raises the pilots will get. Or anything remotely close to that. 5% tops. 

Reactions: 3 people
nowhere has DL said anything about PS for non-contract employees.

Even if that is eventually true, you are simply speculating.

and you don't have the ability to call in sick or bid alongside someone else so the company can send you home without pay.

just like with the last contract which allowed the company to add more large RJs, the pilots gave up far more than non-contract employees in order to gain higher raises.

You love to forget those details. The pilots don't.

Are you that blinded?

What did DL do to the non-union PS in 2012 after the pilots agreed to the 33% reduction ?

WorldTraveler said:
Its coming...

Even if that is eventually true, you are simply speculating.
...and accurately, based on past precedent...

and you don't have the ability to call in sick or bid alongside someone else
Actually you can. For shifts & vacation both.

given that DL did reduce the percentage of profit sharing even while the total dollar amount of profit sharing AND total compensation increased, I fully expect that DL will reduce the profit sharing percentage even while total compensation increases.

I have said as much.

But my expectations are not what DL has said so it is just as much speculation on my part as well as others.

Further, the total compensation INCREASED even as the profit sharing percentage was reduced. I have repeatedly said that not only should the pilots reject any plan that doesn't maintain their profit sharing plus base salary compensation equal. Nowhere has there been any proof that DL's actions will do anything other than simply monetize part of the PS for an increase in base salaries at the same total compensation.

Finish the sentence, Kev, and then tell me where I was wrong.

DL doesn't give any other workers the ability to bid alongside someone else so that the original employee can be sent home with pay.

you mean you cant find where you've been wrong?   countless posts speak     there have been plenty of posts where you been wrong   only you have to change tunes to fit your PRO DL crap.   

As for DL MEC  I wonder if this was a planned thing in the event that any TA would be turned down  prior to the TA being released to the pilots for a vote?

Reactions: 1 person
WorldTraveler said:

I'll stop here because I don't feel like wasting my time on a post that starts out so wrong. 
having said that Delta has said multiple times they are "reviewing employee compensation" which means "we are waiting for a TA to pass then we are cutting your profit sharing" 
If they weren't changing it they would simply say so. (as they have done since the last time the changed it) Its changing. Its changing for us and the pilots. simple as that. 

Only a complete fool would think other wise. 

700UW said:
Are you that blinded?

What did DL do to the non-union PS in 2012 after the pilots agreed to the 33% reduction ?
Changed it. 
and for a lot less that what the pilots got. 

Reactions: 2 people
robbedagain said:
you mean you cant find where you've been wrong?   countless posts speak     there have been plenty of posts where you been wrong   only you have to change tunes to fit your PRO DL crap.   

As for DL MEC  I wonder if this was a planned thing in the event that any TA would be turned down  prior to the TA being released to the pilots for a vote?
I don't think so. I think he saw the writing on the wall and left on his own terms vs being recalled. 

I'll stop here because I don't feel like wasting my time on a post that starts out so wrong. 
having said that Delta has said multiple times they are "reviewing employee compensation" which means "we are waiting for a TA to pass then we are cutting your profit sharing" 
If they weren't changing it they would simply say so. (as they have done since the last time the changed it) Its changing. Its changing for us and the pilots. simple as that. 

Only a complete fool would think other wise. 

Changed it. 
and for a lot less that what the pilots got.
you can stop whenever you want.

DL has made no statement regarding non-contract employee compensation.

I have stated that I expect DL will make changes to non-contract PS - and it might happen even without a vote from the pilots.

But my statement is completely accurate that DL has made no statement and it is pure conjecture and quite foolish to state anything differently.

Donatelli saw the groundswell of opposition and recognizes that there is growing momentum for an alternate union. Not only could his failure to act cost Donatelli his job as a pilot leader but it could cost ALPA a lot more down the road if DL pilots are convinced enough they don't have the right leadership and DALPA won't or can't fix the problem.

It's still just post TA posturing and there has yet to be any indication of where DALPA will go or whether it will achieve anything better than what was voted down.

You are truly blinded and obsessed, you need help.

History shows what DL will do.

You're level of bias is infinite.

Reactions: 1 person
what's infinite is your inability to grasp that I have said that DL probably will monetize profit sharing for DL's non-contract employees but that it doesn't necessarily mean lower pay.

History shows - as much as you want to pretend otherwise - that DL employees ended up with higher profit sharing and total compensation than they had before the PS percentage change.

how about you admit that DL employees ended up better off than they before despite your attempts to paint the whole process as one of taking from DL employees?

That kind of admission of the truth would be infinitely different than what we have been accustomed to seeing on this board.

Let's see DL's pilots got a 20% raise in exchange for 33% reduction in PS and non-union got anywhere from 2%-8% raises in the same time frame.

WorldTraveler said:
History shows - as much as you want to pretend otherwise - that DL employees ended up with higher profit sharing and total compensation than they had before the PS percentage change.
...Only because those same DL employees are generating record setting revenues...

...History also shows that commercial aviation is about as cyclical as it gets...

In the meantime, Wall St. likes those revenues, and want that stream to continue as long as possible. That's where the pressure for a "good" pilot deal will ultimately come from most.