Dec 2012 / Jan 2013 US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wasted three hours of my life reading the so called "smoking gun" pension document that was supposed to bring Parker to his knees begging for mercy........................................................

Damn boys what have they been doing for the last 4 years and $4 million dollars? Got a lot of questions but no answers, really the point of the entire exercise wasn't it?'''''''''''

Now I don't care either way as long as it is an east assessment only. But the huckster sales job of a little more money is sad and not fair to you guys. Reminds me of the guys that calls the little old lady and offers to get her money back from the Internet thief, if she only pays him a couple thousand more he will get her money back.

Wonder what that report cost?

I just spent three minutes studying the following invoice from your law firm, ouch.

http://leonidas.cactuspilots.us/addington_filings/Doc614-1_Harper_ExA.pdf

Reactions: 1 person
This will be my last one tonight but I love the following Harper billing remarks,

05/20/09 Meals - - VENDOR: Marty Harper Lunch for entire team during trial 86.00
05/20/09 Meals - - VENDOR: Marty Harper Working lunch during trial 30.81
05/20/09 Meals - - VENDOR: Marty Harper Working lunch with part of the team preparing for trial 23.83

BON APPETIT

Reactions: 2 people
Building an obvious case. I doubt there is a single person that doesn't know how this will play out. It'll be nice for judicial review.

Let us all eventually know just how well ANY of this dogged, litigious "brilliance" works out for you folks over time, if ever. From a purely selfish perspective; I expect to be a few years retired IF/when/maybe/not-likely-methinks; the west ever even possibly sees so much as one iota of gratification in any truly "final and binding" courtroom endeavor. I further expect that, merger or not, PHX, as any supposed "powerhouse" hub, will be but a distant memory and historical footnote. I could be wrong, but I really don't much care anymore. Self-sentencing yourselves to "Life in PHX, without apparent hope for parole" is YOUR problem, not mine. In the meanwhile; I'm seing a good number of folks previously displaced, regaining their seats and many more improving their lot a bit via lines versus reserve, etc. How's all that feverish and passionate lawyer-stroking ever really worked out for you guys, especially lately?

IMO: You folks were sold a bill of goods by some individuals not nearly even half-so-bright as they fantasized...and those and other even far more ridiculous fantasies, as a group, you sadly bought off on. I can't begin to count all the west's absurdly patronizing postings about the east not having any concept of reality over the last five years. Well PHX inmates: Welcome to reality. You people worked hard to build this situation for yourselves. Enjoy the fruits of your fine, "noble" and of course "righteous" little "All Out Warfare", as your pathetic little ex MEC puppy phrased it..another true little "genius" in action there. ;) Wake provided a tremendous disservice and further pushed all into deeply dug entrenchments in Fantasyland methinks.

"Ho Ho Ho, Saint Nic is coming to town!" Dec 2007. Prior to that even? = "Final and Binding!"..."It's OVER!...Get used to it!"..and even "Booyooshaka!". Not much afterwards: "You won't even get 200 cards!", followed shortly by: "Send the cards..I DARE you!"...."NO fences!" You people bought your own, sorry BS, drank deeply of the tribal koolaide, (held the presumed peyote ceremonies, I'd have to think) printed the tribe's cute little "Ghost Shirts"/Integrity Matters, loudly shouted out your supposed "Integrity"...and where has any/all of your pathetic and childish BS gotten ANY of you in actual reality?

"Spartans"..."Knights"..."Dire Wolves"..and even "Harry Potter" haven't been able to do much for you.

"Reality!...What a Concept!" Robin Williams :)

This will be my last one tonight but I love the following Harper billing remarks,

05/20/09 Meals - - VENDOR: Marty Harper Lunch for entire team during trial 86.00
05/20/09 Meals - - VENDOR: Marty Harper Working lunch during trial 30.81
05/20/09 Meals - - VENDOR: Marty Harper Working lunch with part of the team preparing for trial 23.83

BON APPETIT
At least Marty paid for his lunch.

Unlike Seham that walked out on his bill and left usapa to pick up the tab.

At least you included the important part about the LUP.

Now if only usapa had one.

Now if usapa could only get a contract. Since you all think you won.

Silver never contradicted what the 9th said and any wishful reliance on hope that she did will prove to be fraught with more certain disappointment than even the hope against the mere "risk" (that wasn't law) at Wye River.

Silver's conjunctive clause was superfluous. She could have easily also used the conjunctive clause "[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]US Airline Pilots Association’s seniority proposal does not breach its duty of fair representation, [/background]provided it is within a wide range of reasonableness that is not wholly irrational."

Or she could have said, "[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]US Airline Pilots Association’s seniority proposal does not breach its duty of fair representation, [/background]because courts have found that a wide range of reasonableness must be allowed a statutory bargaining representative in serving the unit it represents, subject always to complete good faith and honesty of purpose in the exercise of its discretion."

Regardless, she could have said it many ways, but it all affirmed exactly what the 9th repeated, and the SCOTUS already said.

Silver never contradicted what the 9th said and any wishful reliance on hope that she did will prove to be fraught with more certain disappointment than even the hope against the mere "risk" (that wasn't law) at Wye River.

Silver's conjunctive clause was superfluous. She could have easily also used the conjunctive clause "[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]US Airline Pilots Association’s seniority proposal does not breach its duty of fair representation, [/background]provided it is within a wide range of reasonableness that is not wholly irrational."

Or she could have said, "[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]US Airline Pilots Association’s seniority proposal does not breach its duty of fair representation, [/background]because courts have found that a wide range of reasonableness must be allowed a statutory bargaining representative in serving the unit it represents, subject always to complete good faith and honesty of purpose in the exercise of its discretion."

Regardless, she could have said it many ways, but it all affirmed exactly what the 9th repeated, and the SCOTUS already said.

She could have but she did not.

So the company and usapa are locked into legitimate union purpose.

Usapa does not have one to not use the Nicolau.

But if you were right. We're is the new contract?

Reactions: 3 people
She could have but she did not.

If you hope that her choice of words contradicted, rather than affirmed, the 9th and the SCOUTS before her... or if you hope that her words now supersede the 9th and SCOTUS.. well, nothing need further be said, expect don't get behind on paying your lawyer's F'ing bills. :lol:

Reactions: 4 people
If you hope that her choice of words contradicted, rather than affirmed, the 9th and the SCOUTS before her... or if you hope that her words now supersede the 9th and SCOTUS.. :lol:

"If you hope that her choice of words contradicted, rather than affirmed, the 9th and"..SCOTUS...That does indeed seem to be the most definitive delusion du jour...well...that and the assumption that "legitimate union purpose" wouldn't be judged based upon the highest court in the land's established standards for "reasonableness", but rather in their parochial, desert venues instead.

Methinks that astounding surfeit of "righteousness" impedes any actually rational thought out there in many cases.

I am raising my hand to answer your question about how it will play out. There has already been ample judicial review. My prediction, AOL and its crack legal team will be talking to USAPA soon.
Sorry, I forgot about the idiots. Maybe there are a few who can't figure out what the west reps are doing. Enjoy the short bus!

"If you hope that her choice of words contradicted, rather than affirmed, the 9th and"..SCOTUS...That does indeed seem to be the most definitive delusion du jour...well...that and the assumption that "legitimate union purpose" wouldn't be judged based upon the highest court in the land's established standards for "reasonableness", but rather in their parochial, desert venues instead.

Methinks that astounding surfeit of "righteousness" impedes any actually rational thought out there in many cases.
Does usapa have a LUP. That is what the company and usapa have to get by because that is her order.

When Parker tells usapa that usapa does not have a LUP who is usapa going to appeal to?

If Parker does agree and uses anything other than the Nicolau. It is going to be a very difficult case to convince a jury that ignoring an arbitrated list in order to favor every east pilot and harm every west pilot is reasonable. Placing furloughed pilots senior to west captains is not reasonable.

So good luck with that.

First step is to deal with the words in judge Silvers order. Those are usapa has to come up with a LUP. They don't have one. Never did. To late to invent one now and you don't have a court case to take to the ninth or SCOTUS.

Well if you dumb-s*** westies had actually let USAPA do years ago what you are now saying we should "hurry up" and do, then this whole mess would have long been settled.

But NOOOOOOOO! You idiots had to talk some dumb-a** lawyer to take a non-ripe case to Judge Wake, and here we are so many years and dollars later looking at you saying: "Hurry up and get us a contract with DOH / DOH-lite. Get LCC to sign on the dotted line, and we will be "off to the races"!"

You moron. Your own actions are what is holding everything up.

Yet, even after you "won" in the Ninth appeals court, you have done nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.