DL JFK-TLV changes

you would have to be blind to not recognize that there are discussions going on about AA's Latin America performance and DL's Pacific performance.

the difference is that DL is restructuring how it serves the market but isn't restricted in its ability to get the revenues out.

AA is watching massive currency swings affect its Latin America system for which it has no recourse because it has no currency hedges.

what is happening between AA in Latin America and DL in Asia are far from on the same scale.

and fwiw, DL is still reporting far higher RASM growth in N. America and to Europe even while adding more capacity.

You must be autistic first you obsess over profit sharing now Latin America. You really don't think people see right through you BS?

^^ this

AdAstraPerAspera said:

Wow, does everything have to be about AA with you?

I daresay you are more obsessed with AA than DL.

But I repeat myself. This thread wasn't about AA and LatAm until he bought it up. He is a man obsessed. But not with DL, but with AA. Hell of a small penis syndrome going on here.

700UW said:
You must be autistic first you obsess over profit sharing now Latin America. You really don't think people see right through you BS?
uh, no other airline said anything about a risk of impairing $700 million of revenue as AA has done with Latin America.

and no other airline reported a double digit drop in RASM in any region of their business even though AA did in Latin America.

you and others love to hypocriticAAlly try to find fault with what someone else does while failing to admit that AA's challenges in Latin America are by far the largest financial risk that any US airline faces anywhere on their system.

WorldTraveler said:
the speed with which NRT has fallen from favor as a hub is exceeded only by the mammoth changes that are taking place in Latin America.

the difference is that DL can restructure its network and get its money out of every Asian market it serves while the same is not true in Latin America.

Nice deflection.

goalkeeper-smiley-emoticon-1.gif

WorldTraveler said:
nowhere have I said that AA can't adjust its Latin America network. nowhere.

the currency impairment, if it occurs will come regardless of what A does in the future. It is flown revenue that may or may not be recovered.

Like AA in Latin America, DL can cut its Latin America system to match profitable demand - but DL's Pacific restructuring is based on moving capacity out of NRT connections and into direct US-Asia flights.

if currency can't be repatriated from Latin American countries, there is no way for AA to maintain that same amount of revenue.

they can redeploy the aircraft to other regions in attempts to replace that revenue but they have to build new markets. DL is simply shifting the way they serve the markets they have.

and btw, DL's Atlantic region generates about 5% more revenue than AA's Latin America region. DL has not and is not facing anywhere near an 11% reduction in RASM over the Atlantic.

More deflections

Goalie.gif

WorldTraveler said:
AA is watching massive currency swings affect its Latin America system for which it has no recourse because it has no currency hedges.

what is happening between AA in Latin America and DL in Asia are far from on the same scale.

and fwiw, DL is still reporting far higher RASM growth in N. America and to Europe even while adding more capacity.

Nice spin

animated-jumping-smiley-image-0025.gif

WorldTraveler said:
uh, no other airline said anything about a risk of impairing $700 million of revenue as AA has done with Latin America.

and no other airline reported a double digit drop in RASM in any region of their business even though AA did in Latin America.

you and others love to hypocriticAAlly try to find fault with what someone else does while failing to admit that AA's challenges in Latin America are by far the largest financial risk that any US airline faces anywhere on their system.

Go DL!!!

WorldTraveler said:
the whole reason why the 744s have been rescheduled to fly from DTW to Asia rather than to feed NRT is because the Japan market is not worth putting 744s into and it makes more sense to fly them to other points in Asia.

you argue against yourself by saying that the 744 is in only one US-NRT route and then also say that DL needs an aircraft that directly replaces the 744.
-
DL doesn't need and won't directly buy an aircraft that directly replaces the 744. that should be very clear by now.

and they can don't need as many aircraft when flying non-stop from the US to Asia rather than via an intermediate point in Asia with large blocks of overnight ground time in Asia AND the US.

DL will buy aircraft that can fly largely from its interior US hubs as well as its coastal hubs of LAX and SEA to all the points in Asia.

the 777LR could fly to every point in Asia from the continental US right now in the same way that DL is the only carrier that can fly nonstop from the US to JNB.

How DL chooses to restructure its route network is not known - and I can assure you it won't be posted on an internet chat board until the routes are announced.

with multiple strong hubs in geographically ideal locations as well as major operations in key US markets to Asia, DL will have no problems match the right aircraft to the right market.

All I'm asking is how DL will manage to retire the 744's and specifically how that lift will be replaced?  Is SEA is going to replace NRT directly?  If not and DL plans on flying directly from hubs like ATL and DTW, then do they have enough capable aircraft?  I realize the 777LR can reach most destinations around the globe from DL's hubs - but at least right now DL operates a finite number of these aircraft.

DL has an open RFP for new aircraft that should be announced before the end of the year.

Several 787 and 350 slots have opened up as a result of aircraft order changes at several airlines.

DL should have no problem obtaining aircraft by the time the 744 fleet is supposed to leave.

The 744s will not be directly replaced if seat count is the measurement.

the 744 is too big and existed even since the DL/NW merger to primarily operate to Japan and primarily NRT.

DL's decision to pull the 744 largely from NRT for the winter at least is a reflection that the 744 doesn't work to the NRT hub right now; DTW-NGO also is being downgraded with the MNL tag being terminated.

All of DL's current Asian gateways are well suited to see more Asian growth. MSP is my personal favorite to see increases but SEA will see upgrades and new flights and I believe both LAX and JFK will see new flights to Asia as well.

DL obviously hasn't released what will be operated.

in the meantime, DL is not using all of the 777s to their full potential and is receiving 333s that can replace much of the NRT flying if DL chooses to do that.

While this seems like a whole lot to process, remember that DL has done this very same dehubbing of a foreign hub before.

in Nov 1991, DL acquired Pan Am's FRA hub. It was based on the same concept as NRT although DL carried far less local traffic and also did not flow widebody aircraft thru the hub (they turned back to the US) other than to India.

DL dehubbed FRA, increased service to other points in Germany from the US, and added nonstop service between the US and some of the points that were connected to the FRA hub while ending service to other cities.

some cities like SFO and LAX, IIRC, have not had nonstop service to Europe on DL aircraft since then.

Not only is DL the largest airline between the US and Europe but DL is also starting service tomorrow from LAX-LHR, the first DL service from California to Europe in a couple decades.

TLV was at one time served via Europe but is now flown nonstop.

airlines make strategic changes.

DL can do it an do it successfully.

UA has been working on restructuring its Asia operation longer than DL has.

AA can do it to Latin America as well if it is necessary, btw.

Shocking (no not really) a topic about DL JFK-TLV has turned into this. Bottom line is DL hasn't been able to make TLV work like LY, UA, or US and is walking away from a sizable segment of the market. DL was once the largest US carrier to TLV.

Josh

737823 said:
Shocking (no not really) a topic about DL JFK-TLV has turned into this. Bottom line is DL hasn't been able to make TLV work like LY, UA, or US and is walking away from a sizable segment of the market. DL was once the largest US carrier to TLV.
Josh
I know Josh.

Wth. Why the moderators allow these bandwidth wasting multi thousand word manifestos of nonsense is beyond me.

It is just unbelievable that anyone takes the time to write garbage that nobody here reads or will take seriously.

This guy has zero credibility after being proven to have provided fabricated statistics and outright lies.

A true legend in his own mind.

JFK-TLV is absolutely related to what DL does in the Pacific. I suppose you missed (or ignored) the whole part about the JFK-TLV flight using aircraft time from the Pacific rotation.

The NRT-JFK aircraft is the only large, longhaul widebody aircraft that DL has at JFK that could also do JFK-TLV.

the only legend in their own mind is someone who was stupid enough to walk the picket line when other depts. at their own company refused to do so and led to the destruction of 5000 of the highest paying ground jobs in the airline industry.

For anyone who made such an incredibly poor strategic decision to tell anyone else that they have no credibility is beyond the height of hypocrisy.

and, Josh, DL doesn't measure its success by how many freebies and discounted seats they can give out.

it is abundantly clear that you either really have no position in any profit-motivated business or else you think the world is supposed to give you what you want at the expense of others.

go look for warm nuts someplace else.

WorldTraveler said:
JFK-TLV is absolutely related to what DL does in the Pacific. I suppose you missed (or ignored) the whole part about the JFK-TLV flight using aircraft time from the Pacific rotation.The NRT-JFK aircraft is the only large, longhaul widebody aircraft that DL has at JFK that could also do JFK-TLV.the only legend in their own mind is someone who was stupid enough to walk the picket line when other depts. at their own company refused to do so and led to the destruction of 5000 of the highest paying ground jobs in the airline industry.For anyone who made such an incredibly poor strategic decision to tell anyone else that they have no credibility is beyond the height of hypocrisy.and, Josh, DL doesn't measure its success by how many freebies and discounted seats they can give out.it is abundantly clear that you either really have no position in any profit-motivated business or else you think the world is supposed to give you what you want at the expense of others.go look for warm nuts someplace else.
DL could easily send the 763 or 332 to TLV so not it's not the only capable aircraft. I agree the change is probabky more driven by NRT than anything else. I get profit motivated businesses, DL has just abandoned a large segment of the market.

Josh

With AA adding capacity to TLV it drove DL from the market

I actually don't believe that - however had the shoe been on the other door WT would be claiming DL drove AA out if the market - just illustrating what the post would have been

jcw said:
I actually don't believe that - however had the shoe been on the other door WT would be claiming DL drove AA out if the market - just illustrating what the post would have been
Precisely.

Josh

DL could easily send the 763 or 332 to TLV so not it's not the only capable aircraft. I agree the change is probabky more driven by NRT than anything else. I get profit motivated businesses, DL has just abandoned a large segment of the market.

Josh
 no DL could not use 330s.

the 332s are all flying the Pacific - where they belong - and the current 333s cannot operate the length of flight on JFK-TLV

the 763 can operate a flight of that length from either JFK or ATL - but is significantly smaller than what DL wants to use in that market.

if you are complaining about a downgrade from a 744 to 777, I can't imagine what we would have to listen to if DL used a single 767.

IF DL wanted to add a 2nd flight, they would have done it by now.

perhaps you can tell us when AA/US announced and loaded for sale another TLV flight.

As much as Josh wants to make you believe otherwise, airlines announced aircraft changes all the time.

Most of DL's destinations in Asia have seen 744s, 777s, 330s, and 767s.

no one is on here complaining that TPE has ONLY a 330 after having had 744s in the past.

DL makes adjustments to its network based on what makes the best financial sense.

THey will do the same thing in restructuring the Pacific, just as they did when they restructured Europe almost 20 years ago.

Perhaps DL does not know how to manage fleet and fares so they could not compete to TLV

That's the simple answer

Let's see how long this response is

Can we get a new metric added to this site - words per WT

Back