DL JFK-TLV changes

One more thing so if DL makes chsngrs to its network that make financial sense - then when other airlines makes they don't make financial sense - I sense a double standard

the 330 shld be able to fly atl-tlv    shldnt it?  JFK to TLV wld work just as well given we have a 330 that does PHL TLV daily

One more thing so if DL makes chsngrs to its network that make financial sense - then when other airlines makes they don't make financial sense - I sense a double standard
where did you ever come up with the idea that it is not acceptable for a carrier to make changes to its network?

you certainly didn't get it on this forum under anything that I wrote.

I HAVE consistently said that any carrier that continues to operate flights that don't produce profits are a recipe for failure.

airlines in the US and most of the world are for-profit companies. there is no basis for continuing to operate unprofitably on a long-term basis without being able to demonstrate that there is profit-motivated justification.

let me know when you find a post where I said that a carrier besides DL cannot make schedule changes.

WorldTraveler said:
no DL could not use 330s.the 332s are all flying the Pacific - where they belong - and the current 333s cannot operate the length of flight on JFK-TLVthe 763 can operate a flight of that length from either JFK or ATL - but is significantly smaller than what DL wants to use in that market.if you are complaining about a downgrade from a 744 to 777, I can't imagine what we would have to listen to if DL used a single 767.IF DL wanted to add a 2nd flight, they would have done it by now. perhaps you can tell us when AA/US announced and loaded for sale another TLV flight.As much as Josh wants to make you believe otherwise, airlines announced aircraft changes all the time.Most of DL's destinations in Asia have seen 744s, 777s, 330s, and 767s.no one is on here complaining that TPE has ONLY a 330 after having had 744s in the past.DL makes adjustments to its network based on what makes the best financial sense.THey will do the same thing in restructuring the Pacific, just as they did when they restructured Europe almost 20 years ago.
I don't want anyone to believe anything other than the fact that DL has continued to cut capacity into TLV and has left an inferior product with less capacity that is a fact. The 332 or 763 absolutely have the range for JFK-TLV and would replace the capacity lost from the 744 downgrade. And the flights are going out full and oversold, checking DLNet/Extranet will show this but I checked the GDS. Just wait til AA starts MIA-TLV it's coming.

Josh

and if you are actually a DL customer, it is your choice to fly another carrier.

Since you have said that you fly AA predominantly and are only a DL platinum because of the Skymiles Amex card, then it is not likely DL is making its network choices based on your desires. they will do what provides the greatest return to their owners.

Good for AA if they start MIA-TLV. If it is anything like MIA-MXP, it will only weaken their PHL flight. When AA started their MIA-MXP route, it cut their revenue on their JFK route, exactly as I predicted it would.

There is a reason why AA's revenue performance even on the Atlantic - which was the strongest region for all 3 US airlines - lagged the industry.

and once again, I'm not arguing that the 332 or 763 can't make the route. DL doesn't use the 332s over the Atlantic any longer and they don't intend to increase capacity by adding another flight.

If you aren't flying DL anyway, why do you care what they do?

btw, you are supposed to be heading to MCI, not TLV

let us know how that visit goes.

I might have to throw 700 a few coins to pay the bouncer.

I will tell you, Josh, that BWI is in the top 20 but not the top 10 origins for US to TLV.

robbed is correct that PHL-TLV is a strong route for US, esp. in comparison with some of their continental Europe cities.

WorldTraveler said:
I will tell you, Josh, that BWI is in the top 20 but not the top 10 origins for US to TLV.robbed is correct that PHL-TLV is a strong route for US, esp. in comparison with some of their continental Europe cities.
I know BOS and MIA are among the main O&D points without nonstop flights. It's just too bad DL hasn't been able to make it work.

Josh

DL isn't interested in making a route from BOS or MIA to TLV work.

DL carries more revenue than US to TLV and that won't change with the downgrade to a 777.

step back, Josh. it's one route.

surely your life is not that shallow that you don't have other things to focus on.

now that's rich -your telling Josh to step back - it's one route

try that on some other airlines then - do I see the double standard at work - or is it emotional distress

Reactions: 2 people
WorldTraveler said:
DL isn't interested in making a route from BOS or MIA to TLV work.DL carries more revenue than US to TLV and that won't change with the downgrade to a 777.step back, Josh. it's one route.surely your life is not that shallow that you don't have other things to focus on.
You know TLV is an important route to me but again DL clearly can't make the market work while other carriers are. If DL was really doing so great why has DL pulled back capacity?

Josh

josh    Yes we always have a large number of folks with bags going to TLV  and most of the times the bags are heavy.   Its not very often we dont have TLV bags.

WT  US TLV route does a hell of lot better than DL hence why DL down grade  bec they cant make the revnue US makes.. on that run.

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks Robbed there is a good sized community in BWI granted nothing like NYC or LA.

Josh