DL JFK-TLV changes

robbedagain said:
yes  but good ole wt claims what dl is doing is good but some how some way  I doubt that
Agreed if it was going so well for DL they wouldn't be cutting capacity. Clearly they can't compete with LY who arguably has an inferior product but provides an authentic Israeli experience. I like LY they are nice to me just wish they came back to MIA.

Josh

robbedagain said:
the 330 shld be able to fly atl-tlv    shldnt it?  JFK to TLV wld work just as well given we have a 330 that does PHL TLV daily
the 332 could fly ATL-TLV. The 333 can't. 

You know TLV is an important route to me but again DL clearly can't make the market work while other carriers are. If DL was really doing so great why has DL pulled back capacity?

Josh
 you can't get past the realization that the JFK-TLV flight is funded by the NRT-JFK flight, can you? DL doesn't intend to have a plane sitting at JFK for 20 hours off of the NRT flight and they also don't intend to do the same thing in reverse for TLV.

feel free to go chase someone else's warm nuts.

DL is downgrading TLV, you knew it would happen when they loaded the JFK-NRT downgrade, and you are simply being juvenile to be unable to accept that out of dozens of int'l routes, cutting 90 seats off of one flight is a drop in the bucket.

700 is right.

you're a troll.

josh    Yes we always have a large number of folks with bags going to TLV  and most of the times the bags are heavy.   Its not very often we dont have TLV bags.

WT  US TLV route does a hell of lot better than DL hence why DL down grade  bec they cant make the revnue US makes.. on that run.
I have acknowledged that US does well.

however, DL currently operates and will continue to operate more seats than US to TLV unless AA/US add another flight.

DL's yields relative to US' are such that DL will remain the 2nd largest US carrier to TLV>

despite all the fantasies with AA starting another flight, it hasn't been announced.

WorldTraveler said:
you can't get past the realization that the JFK-TLV flight is funded by the NRT-JFK flight, can you? DL doesn't intend to have a plane sitting at JFK for 20 hours off of the NRT flight and they also don't intend to do the same thing in reverse for TLV.feel free to go chase someone else's warm nuts.DL is downgrading TLV, you knew it would happen when they loaded the JFK-NRT downgrade, and you are simply being juvenile to be unable to accept that out of dozens of int'l routes, cutting 90 seats off of one flight is a drop in the bucket.700 is right.
you're a troll. I have acknowledged that US does well.however, DL currently operates and will continue to operate more seats than US to TLV unless AA/US add another flight.DL's yields relative to US' are such that DL will remain the 2nd largest US carrier to TLV>despite all the fantasies with AA starting another flight, it hasn't been announced.
Go chase someone else's warm nuts . You're a troll. REALLY Don't ever lecture anyone on personal attacks again !!! Why is it ok for , then turn around an chastise others!! You are the pot stirring troll !! You are a PREACHER!!! Ask youself ...what would Jesus do

for one thing, Jesus called hypocrites what they were. "white-washed tombs" is not exactly language you use to win friends but to call them to realize how bad off they are.

If Josh and you are really worried about airline performance in specific markets, instead of TLV you should be focused on Latin America.

ON top of the currency restrictions in Venezuela and devaluations in Argentina, the Brazilian Real is now trading at worse than 8 year lows relative to the US Dollar.

Brazil is the largest economy in Latin America, home of AA's largest Latin operation with somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 flights, and is also where market competition was already heating up before their populist president won re-election against the backdrop of a weakening Brazilian economy.

AA's large Latin America operation is at risk of a profit reversal far larger than what any other carrier has seen in any other region of the world.

TLV is absolutely a non-issue for DL worries in comparison with the size of the issue that faces AA in Latin America.

WorldTraveler said:
 you can't get past the realization that the JFK-TLV flight is funded by the NRT-JFK flight, can you? DL doesn't intend to have a plane sitting at JFK for 20 hours off of the NRT flight and they also don't intend to do the same thing in reverse for TLV.

feel free to go chase someone else's warm nuts.

DL is downgrading TLV, you knew it would happen when they loaded the JFK-NRT downgrade, and you are simply being juvenile to be unable to accept that out of dozens of int'l routes, cutting 90 seats off of one flight is a drop in the bucket.

700 is right.

you're a troll.

I have acknowledged that US does well.

however, DL currently operates and will continue to operate more seats than US to TLV unless AA/US add another flight.

DL's yields relative to US' are such that DL will remain the 2nd largest US carrier to TLV>

despite all the fantasies with AA starting another flight, it hasn't been announced.
WT I am not trolling or looking for freebies from DL. I've flown DL to TLV for years and all I am saying is given the downgauge I am less inclined to fly DL when better more convenient alternatives exist.

Josh

WorldTraveler said:
for one thing, Jesus called hypocrites what they were. "white-washed tombs" is not exactly language you use to win friends but to call them to realize how bad off they are.If Josh and you are really worried about airline performance in specific markets, instead of TLV you should be focused on Latin America.ON top of the currency restrictions in Venezuela and devaluations in Argentina, the Brazilian Real is now trading at worse than 8 year lows relative to the US Dollar.Brazil is the largest economy in Latin America, home of AA's largest Latin operation with somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 flights, and is also where market competition was already heating up before their populist president won re-election against the backdrop of a weakening Brazilian economy.AA's large Latin America operation is at risk of a prof

it reversal far larger than what any other carrier has seen in any other region of the world.TLV is absolutely a non-issue for DL worries in comparison with the size of the issue that faces AA in Latin America.
How come you did not address your personal attacks on others .....hypocrite!!

Reactions: 1 person
perhaps because I am comfortable enough with what I do here including stating things that others don't want to hear.

we can turn this into a side show if you want but since it the topic is about TLV, let it be known that DL still will have more seats to TLV than AA/US will have unless AA starts another route.

given the economic crisis that could easily pull hundreds of millions of profits off AA's books, they are probably not as likely to be starting a bunch of new routes on top of what they are already doing - unless of course those profits are no longer important.

WorldTraveler said:
perhaps because I am comfortable enough with what I do here including stating things that others don't want to hear.we can turn this into a side show if you want but since it the topic is about TLV, let it be known that DL still will have more seats to TLV than AA/US will have unless AA starts another route.given the economic crisis that could easily pull hundreds of millions of profits off AA's books, they are probably not as likely to be starting a bunch of new routes on top of what they are already doing - unless of course those profits are no longer important.
Let me translate

I use the double standard - I can attack anyone using my classic "no one wants to hear the truth" because I'm a righteous better than everyone else person

See when someone proves me wrong with facts I attack because my skin is not thick enough to take what I dish out

Reactions: 2 people
diamondcutter said:
Go chase someone else's warm nuts . You're a troll. REALLY Don't ever lecture anyone on personal attacks again !!! Why is it ok for , then turn around an chastise others!! You are the pot stirring troll !! You are a PREACHER!!! Ask youself ...what would Jesus do
destroy American airlines..........duh....... 

Reactions: 3 people
FrugalFlyerv2.0 said:

I hear KL is going to have surplus MD-11's :rolleyes: :lol: :p in the near future.
Article from The Street:
http://www.thestreet.com/story/12930495/2/united-flies-the-787-america-awaits-it-delta-thinks-it-over.html

Then he added: "Remarkably right now, it's an interesting development in the widebody market because there is so many orders out there the used market is really heating up and the pricing for 10 year-old widebodies is about 30% of what you'd otherwise pay. So it's going to be a very interesting process because the most important thing about this for us is not operating cost it's ownership costs."

The M11 doesn’t have the range to compete over large portions of the Pacific so it won’t be a factor.
Don’t forget, however, that DL opened the Pacific with the L1011.  best ride across the Pacific if there weren’t storms at 30,000 feet above which the L1011 couldn’t climb until halfway thru the flight.

yeah, you have the missed the jokes flying past your head for years....

I have yet to see you laugh.

relax and realize your fingers are pointing at yourself.

WorldTraveler said:
yeah, you have the missed the jokes flying past your head for years....

I have yet to see you laugh.

relax and realize your fingers are pointing at yourself.

That's rich

Reactions: 2 people