Fleet Service thread IAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
People trust RR... They listen to him when he actually speaks.
Do you think anybody in PHX will show any anger at this? People here don't care about the long term benefits, they just want a bigger paycheck!!!
I bet 90% of PHX are licking their chops right now despite what we've been told by our people.
We are too diverse and un-unified. How do you get a group of people who have adapted to their 8 dollar an hour style of life to listen to you guys, when Tempe is dangling a carrot in front of their face? All they think is that you guys are being paid more, and they will vote for any dollar amount raise offered.
Stay strong brothers.

''Chill'',
I can say I'm sorry the West suffers but its' not a pain I inflicted. The most common goal a
union or company seeks is the common enemy, in that people will unite. We have two foes, one is in
house and can be brought to task the other is the noisy neighbor we have to ask someone to step in
and regulate. The East understands the plight the West is under but look out the window and see
the East's plight. We share in the burden. We need to recognize this and take out the role players and
interject our people asap. Each day of sorrow brings us but one step closer to the goal of equallity
and dignity. We pay dues for representation and in doing that we deserve and are entilghted to
better representation from our ''so called elected'' peers.

Thanks

My understanding is that Randy Canale leaked word about a possible United merger with our negotiations team. Supposedly GS told people in PHL that they won't have to worry about this horrible contract since he was told that United and US AIRWAYS is going to merge. I'm interested in finding out more about this on Friday from Randy and GS. If Randy did leak this then he most likely violated SEC rules as a United Airline Board member and compromised this TA due to his interest in seeing this merger through for Hemenway and Tilton.

FWIW: I heard that US AIRWAYS is going to buy United through some institutional investors and that Parker will be the man and they will keep the United name. "Many" came through ORD last week. Also, the deal is supposedly to be announced before June 1, presumably by the third week of May. We'll find out more from Randy or the other negotiators as far as what might have been said.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

My understanding is that Randy Canale leaked word about a possible United merger with our negotiations team. Supposedly GS told people in PHL that they won't have to worry about this horrible contract since he was told that United and US AIRWAYS is going to merge. I'm interested in finding out more about this on Friday from Randy and GS. If Randy did leak this then he most likely violated SEC rules as a United Airline Board member and compromised this TA due to his interest in seeing this merger through for Hemenway and Tilton.

FWIW: I heard that US AIRWAYS is going to buy United through some institutional investors and that Parker will be the man and they will keep the United name. "Many" came through ORD last week. Also, the deal is supposedly to be announced before June 1, presumably by the third week of May. We'll find out more from Randy or the other negotiators as far as what might have been said.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago
Tim, Scott K's letter sez the overtime and holidays are improved. Here's what I heard. Canale told Hemenway that he wanted to front end the contract to try to get a yes vote. Hemenway said that will cost the company more so as long as he got a 'two for oner' he could do it. As far as the doubletime, Canale asked hemenway to move it from 2011 to 2008. To get it to 2008, Hemenway had to take back monday through friday, and gave Canale saturday and sunday. ALso Hemenway said he had to eliminate the shift differ also. This was a 3 for 1 give back. As far as the holidays go, Canale told Hemenway he wanted to front end the 10 holidays from the Sept agreement. Hemenway said he could do this but it would cost fleet bigtime. Canale didn't care so Hemenway gave Canale 2 holidays and eliminated 3. Hemenway also said he needed to eliminate the pension increases so he could have his 2 for one'r. the 60 day rule will screw those already laid off also is what i heard. WTF? What did you hear?

"WTF? What did you hear?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Theo...I hear a resounding NO !

Divide and Conquer. What you are seeing now is the Union taking the West and boosting them ALA the way management did to Piedmonsters years ago to get the Union out. Now they are doing it to win their contract.

P.S. To all those who said GS was an honest man, good character checking!!!!

REALLY?????? Then why is the situation with the leads in CLP (cutting down to 1 a shift) already in Human Resources, within days of the proposal?????
Really!!!! And if it went to HR, then it could only be because someone is worried about working by themselves. What could the reason possibly be for anyone going to HR?

Tim, Scott K's letter sez the overtime and holidays are improved. Here's what I heard. Canale told Hemenway that he wanted to front end the contract to try to get a yes vote. Hemenway said that will cost the company more so as long as he got a 'two for oner' he could do it. As far as the doubletime, Canale asked hemenway to move it from 2011 to 2008. To get it to 2008, Hemenway had to take back monday through friday, and gave Canale saturday and sunday. ALso Hemenway said he had to eliminate the shift differ also. This was a 3 for 1 give back. As far as the holidays go, Canale told Hemenway he wanted to front end the 10 holidays from the Sept agreement. Hemenway said he could do this but it would cost fleet bigtime. Canale didn't care so Hemenway gave Canale 2 holidays and eliminated 3. Hemenway also said he needed to eliminate the pension increases so he could have his 2 for one'r. the 60 day rule will screw those already laid off also is what i heard. WTF? What did you hear?
It sure will be very intersting to see what a POS this deal is. It is apparent that if this is true that the 60 day rule screws us on furlough then it shows the true colors of a bunch of inept IAM leadership let alone the inept management team at the helm of the airline. I feel a sounding no on this POS TA ALSO I think its interesting that the IAM waits til tom to put the crap out for the fleet service to see it

If I was DH and MF I would be telling everyone that I could about the BS that went on behind closed doors.
I don't have to see the RAG TA. Just the fact that DH and MF did not sign off and the way they were dealt with tells me this is another roll of toilet paper.

If I was DH and MF I would be telling everyone that I could about the BS that went on behind closed doors.
I don't have to see the RAG TA. Just the fact that DH and MF did not sign off and the way they were dealt with tells me this is another roll of toilet paper.

I concur 100%!

Agent “Vâ€￾

Another thing I have been thinking about is if there is a merger in the making with United and we are the survivor (only keeping the United name) whose contract survives? We are both I Am Management!

I heard that US AIRWAYS is going to buy United through some institutional investors and that Parker will be the man and they will keep the United name. "Many" came through ORD last week. Also, the deal is supposedly to be announced before June 1, presumably by the third week of May.

If that's correct, then that's probably even more reason for West to vote this TA DOWN. We have scope protections far better then US Airways Fleet does. With senority such a monumental import every position must be protected in the event of more furloughs.

Really!!!! And if it went to HR, then it could only be because someone is worried about working by themselves. What could the reason possibly be for anyone going to HR?

You got what you wanted....someone junior so you could keep your daylight weather he was qualified or not, now deal with him and stop crying to management and trying to manipulate the system to benefit yourself....don't start or I will blow you out of the water!!!!!!! :angry: :shock: :lol:

Another thing I have been thinking about is if there is a merger in the making with United and we are the survivor (only keeping the United name) whose contract survives? We are both I Am Management!
Oh that one's easy. Just like the propaganda letter of Q and A he put out with the DL merger, he promised the pay to go to the higher of the 2 workgroups.

He will do the same for UA, but then drag his fat feet on the ground while we suffer for another 4 years.

I will oppose this merger unless we get some compensation up front. No more bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back