Fleet Service thread IAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is that Randy Canale leaked word about a possible United merger with our negotiations team. Supposedly GS told people in PHL that they won't have to worry about this horrible contract since he was told that United and US AIRWAYS is going to merge. I'm interested in finding out more about this on Friday from Randy and GS. If Randy did leak this then he most likely violated SEC rules as a United Airline Board member and compromised this TA due to his interest in seeing this merger through for Hemenway and Tilton.

FWIW: I heard that US AIRWAYS is going to buy United through some institutional investors and that Parker will be the man and they will keep the United name. "Many" came through ORD last week. Also, the deal is supposedly to be announced before June 1, presumably by the third week of May. We'll find out more from Randy or the other negotiators as far as what might have been said.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

This is an EXCELLENT case and point why the IAM are morons.... WHAT IF WE DONT MERGE?!?! THEN WE"RE STUCK WITH THIS PIECE OF ####!

You show me, in writing, where it says we are guaranteed to acquire UA, THEN WE NEGOTIATE WITH UA BEFORE IT HAPPENS! Not AFTER. The NW/DL pilots have it right!

They also said we had a really, really good chance at a hostile takeover with DL and look what happend! They kicked Doug in the balls!
They don't even sound as if they have a plan "B."
So they are going to trust our futures to a rumor?

incompitent morons.

You know what else that sounds like? An implanted LIE to get people to vote this POS in so they can collect their money and move on! That would be terribly disingenuous

Damn... why the delay in details of this T.A. ??? Sounds like the IAM is trying to find ways to sugarcoat this RAG. If it were worth anything in the first place details would be out and they would be bragging about it, no? Sounds fishy!

Not that I think it will get many yes votes, but if it does, and there are outsourcing provisions for the West, then they better remove the 60-day rule so that another 1200 people who hit the streets don't get slammed like the many on the East did.

Let's read it word for word first. But it sounds like a BIG NO is on the horizon.

Does anyone know how this t/a is going to integrate seniority???? This is a pretty serious issue and I haven't seen it addressed on this thread as of yet, unless I missed it. Let's make sure it's included in the "highlight" sh+t, oh, I mean sheet, that we are supposed to see tomorrow.

IS,

"Another thing I have been thinking about is if there is a merger in the making with United and we are the survivor (only keeping the United name) whose contract survives? We are both I Am Management!"

Good point. I am guessing it will be this POS rag we have. since UA contract is up in 09 also . IT is more important then ever

to send a message to PARKER/TILTON and CANALE . that we aren't going to lie here and get raped again for there satisfaction.

as far as the ref to what they are doing with the west the way they did PI . Your DEAD ON with that. Sad point is It was the COMPANY

not the UNION that did the bait and switch . I guess Randy has learned a few company tricks and now wants to play it for himself

RANDY should be removed immediately and his union card burned . HE IS NOT A UNION MAN .. using PRO MANAGEMENT tactics

on his UNION membership....

I want to apologize to everybody on this board for the information that I posted a few days ago regarding the T/A. I interpereted the information I was given wrongly, and I apologize. It will not happen again. If this thing is as bad as it appears to be, a BIG NO VOTE is in order. Please do not be fooled by the wage bait being dangled in front of us like a carrot. Lets pick this rag apart article by article. Again I am sorry for the wrong, or misinformation I posted.

This is an EXCELLENT case and point why the IAM are morons.... WHAT IF WE DONT MERGE?!?! THEN WE"RE STUCK WITH THIS PIECE OF ####!

You show me, in writing, where it says we are guaranteed to acquire UA, THEN WE NEGOTIATE WITH UA BEFORE IT HAPPENS! Not AFTER. The NW/DL pilots have it right!

They also said we had a really, really good chance at a hostile takeover with DL and look what happend! They kicked Doug in the balls!
They don't even sound as if they have a plan "B."
So they are going to trust our futures to a rumor?

incompitent morons.

You know what else that sounds like? An implanted LIE to get people to vote this POS in so they can collect their money and move on! That would be terribly disingenuous

I am not sure that would surprise anyone! Very sad but true.

I wonder, say the UA deal pans out, sticking us with a pos t/a now would leave all of US in the same situation the west has been under since awa merger with the exception that we could all be stuck under the new t/a until what 2012? We all know there would be no hurry to obtain an agreement given how its progressed with our current situation. I have the UA agreement book, expires in 2009, it is by far better than the last t/a fleet voted down! the concessionary bs game needs to come to an end. We deserve a helluva alot more than the measily scraps they sugar coat and toss out there! Especially if we all end up UA!

Awaiting to see whats in the pos t/a this time! HMMM :unsure: :angry:

Does anyone know how this t/a is going to integrate seniority???? This is a pretty serious issue and I haven't seen it addressed on this thread as of yet, unless I missed it. Let's make sure it's included in the "highlight" sh+t, oh, I mean sheet, that we are supposed to see tomorrow.

The company does not want date of hire seniority. Canale agree's with DoUgIe!

Here is the letterView attachment 7400

I want to apologize to everybody on this board for the information that I posted a few days ago regarding the T/A. I interpereted the information I was given wrongly, and I apologize. It will not happen again. If this thing is as bad as it appears to be, a BIG NO VOTE is in order. Please do not be fooled by the wage bait being dangled in front of us like a carrot. Lets pick this rag apart article by article. Again I am sorry for the wrong, or misinformation I posted.
Actually I wouldn't call it wage bait anymore since the top out will guarantee we stay about $1.50 behind the middle of the pack. See Continental's latest, click here

At any rate, the negotiations team was split on this contract. Just because Canale decided eliminate those who disagreed doesn't mean the team wasn't split. Today, Hemenway and Canale refused to allow me space positive to attend the meeting tomorrow. Canale is going to have to do better than that because me a coming. I rented a car and I'll stop somewhere on this side of PIT to get some rest, dinner, breakfast, then to the meeting. We'll see what happens but one thing is apparent, if you disagree with Canale he kicks you out. FWIW: I am the duly recognized Local Chairman of Chicago. Canale is a liar. Bottom line. I'll be there tomorrow even though I have to drive 9 hours. Gotta go pick up the car, Chill till Saturday.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back