Ground Handling News?

It's my understanding that all of the ~25 NW stations handled by ZW will be turned over to RHS effective June 1st....
SGF was awarded to OH.... announced today.

Haven't heard of anymore stations....been quiet. What other cities are waiting to hear??

I think CLT, TYS and ROA still are.

Those are it? Let's see if I have these correct:
CLT has mainline Delta aircraft (DL mainline above wing) (not sure who is the contractor below-wing for DL). Pinnacle flies aircraft there as well but I think NWA mainline is upstairs and 9e is downstairs?

TYS has mainline Delta above, Comair on the ramp, Pinnacle upstairs and below wing?

ROA has ASA above/below and Pinnacle above/below?

Should be intersting. Any predictions?

CLT has mainline Delta aircraft (DL mainline above wing) (not sure who is the contractor below-wing for DL). Pinnacle flies aircraft there as well but I think NWA mainline is upstairs and 9e is downstairs?

TYS has mainline Delta above, Comair on the ramp, Pinnacle upstairs and below wing?

CLT is contracted out above and below wing for NW, I believe ATS is the handler, DGS handles DL ramp.

ROA is OH for DL

As noted above, CLT sees mainline A/C for NW, but is outsourced.

Predictions? Anywhere that currently has OH or XJ employees (now RHS) gets the contracts over 9E or 3rd party vendors...

As noted above, CLT sees mainline A/C for NW, but is outsourced.

Predictions? Anywhere that currently has OH or XJ employees (now RHS) gets the contracts over 9E or 3rd party vendors...

Yikes! I don't think that has been the trend, has it??? Come to think of it, I guess it has been! Has 9e won a station that either OH and/or XJ was at?

I don't believe OH and XJ are officially now called "RHS" are they? I thought they were going to merger later this year? Anyone know if the flying benefits will mirror those of DGS? :down:

I would like to know when DL is going to make good on their word and hand the work over to the Mainline workers in my station. Crystal said months ago that we would assume all ground ops from Comair. They have an opportunity to give us a good faith effort on this by eliminating us from the cross-tailing BS that is coming up.

I would like to know when DL is going to make good on their word and hand the work over to the Mainline workers in my station. Crystal said months ago that we would assume all ground ops from Comair. They have an opportunity to give us a good faith effort on this by eliminating us from the cross-tailing BS that is coming up.

You're right; talk is cheap.

Crystal and her pom pom squad have been saying lots of things, none of which have come to pass. Time for DL management to actually earn the credibility they all think we should give automatically.

P.S. If it's a Mesaba plane that "cross-tails," you should grieve it on the basis of past practice. Might not get anywhere, but it should be done just the same... I'm sure your local committeeman would be happy to help.

I dont think they can really give anyone a definitive answer on anything from the NW Mainline side.. until all issues are resolved..(from the groups who have outstanding representational issues) but they can share what they ultimately plan to do tentatively..

their intent may be exactly what they have said to keep current Mainline stations just that, but until the majority of the employees have decided how to proceed...there really cannot be an answer however.. once that is complete, and it is clear what has been determined...this is what it will be going forward.

both parties must resolve and then there can be a definitive answer..

they are probably good on their word, they are just waiting for the other side to address it, for final resolution.

I dont think they can really give anyone a definitive answer on anything from the NW Mainline side.. until all issues are resolved..(from the groups who have outstanding representational issues) but they can share what they ultimately plan to do tentatively..

Wrong.

As far as representation goes, there is nothing currently stopping NW M/L from taking over the handling of OH.

On top of that, there is nothing stopping M/L from taking over the DL ramp work currently outsourced.

their intent may be exactly what they have said to keep current Mainline stations just that, but until the majority of the employees have decided how to proceed...there really cannot be an answer however.. once that is complete, and it is clear what has been determined...this is what it will be going forward.

So what are you saying? That they're holding this work over our heads as some sort of "carrot and stick" when it comes to a vote?

both parties must resolve and then there can be a definitive answer..

they are probably good on their word, they are just waiting for the other side to address it, for final resolution.

There's nothing to "resolve." Again, if they had no intention of giving NW M/L this work then they should not have sent out a letter to all of us.

Latest posts