IAM/TWU aim low.......

Lets see, the IAM has been in negotiations for years and all they are shooting for is $2. I thought the TWU was bad. IAM takes the cake! I wouldnt want these clowns representing me. The company must be laughing their ass off.

Reactions: 6 people
non-union is the way to go........AA was going to give us a $3.84 cent raise ( who thinks the TWU could get something that AA wasn't willing to give ), plus all the other good stuff back to our contract. But the mouth breathers thought that we would be able to keep pension, retiree health, OH with saturday sunday off, and a big raise. When no other airline had the pension, retiree medical and OH to the extent we had it. Seeing the state of the airlines at the time, that was a pipe dream. Instead of going for the first down, the vote no know nothings went for the bomb only to lose for everybody. 

Now the know nothings will say we would have lost it all in bankruptcy, but we would have had that for a year at the least, but lets not forget that the Tech, pilots and FA's didn't lose all their stuff in bankruptcy. 

Reactions: 3 people
They are not shooting for $2, they are asking for $39 an hour.

The $2 is the pension increase.

Reactions: 2 people
Just pay attention to what is being asked by the union or offered by the company. The IAM wants to preserve their dues and the alliance with the TWU. The IAM and the company are shooting for parity with the TWU/AA contract so they can move on with a JCBA with little difficulty. It all has to fit smoothly or more delays in negotiations from both parties will continue. The last thing the IAM and the TWU want is the Alliance to be disrupted or delayed longer than anticipated. We are the biggest airline that has potential to be the most profitable and we have the two of the worse Industrial unions on the planet representing the skilled AMT's. Makes no sense.

TopCat870 said:
Lets see, the IAM has been in negotiations for years and all they are shooting for is $2. I thought the TWU was bad. IAM takes the cake! I wouldnt want these clowns representing me. The company must be laughing their ass off.
At AA the company has been laughing their ass off for decades.

Reactions: 3 people
700,  Why the $39 number?  Is there a formula behind it or is it an average of the other legacies?  Just curious how they came up with that dollar amount for the hourly rate...

How cool is it that the TWU is going to hold onto some of our equity.

TopCat870 said:
True dat!

Josh

737823 said:
True dat!

Josh
Guess you cant read or you are purposely lying again.

The $2 is an increase in pension, and they are asking for $39 per hour in wages.

Reactions: 1 person
700UW said:
Its called Bankruptcy.
I'll tell you. 6 thumbs down for saying the one word that no one ever wants to say or take into consideration. It's more fun living in la la land I guess.

Carry on.

Trouble reading? Where did you see the word Deregulation?

How many years can the IAM use Bankruptcy as their excuse for bottom of the industry pay? USAir emerged from C-11 over eight years ago.

They are in the midst of Section 6 negotiations, but you all ready know this.

This negotiations are the first section 6 negotiations since 1999.

Latest posts