IAM/TWU aim low.......

I never commented during the ratification vote period.

Here is one for you jp fraud morgan.

737823 said:
The loss of jobs is unfortunate but yes I agree BANKRUPTCY caused it.

Josh

700UW said:
What AA agents?

The agents at AA are non-union, the only group that is.

And I never supported nor commented on the UA CBA.

Kinda like that great LOA your union agreed to and then had to pull.

And look at WN's IAM CBA, better than your CWA US CBA.

And US and UA have different reps and different Negotiating Committees.
And it more difficult to unionize AA agents because of the UA IAM negotiated contact
And pulling the tentative Interim Letter of Agreement was a clear indication of the negotiating committee listening to is members
I hope and think you know managements response to comparing WN to US DL AA and UA is
I thought both UA and US were in the same District Lodge
And all AGC are employed full-time to protect, defend and advance the interests of IAM Members

john john said:
And it more difficult to unionize AA agents because of the UA IAM negotiated contact
And pulling the tentative Interim Letter of Agreement was a clear indication of the negotiating committee listening to is members
I hope and think you know managements response to comparing WN to US DL AA and UA is
I thought both UA and US were in the same District Lodge
And all AGC are employed full-time to protect, defend and advance the interests of IAM Members
141 is UA PCE & Fleet and US fleet

Air Willy is in 142, the IAM's preferred outsourcer. So 141 loses dues but 142 gains dues, I wonder if they have some arrangement in place because they haven't insourced IAD yet (Air Wisconsin) for Express.

Josh

700UW said:
Timeline at US:

Last section 6 negotiations for Fleet and M&R was an agreement ratified in 1999.

2002 US files Chapter 11, two rounds of concessions in that case.

2004 US files Chapter 11 again, one round of concessions in that case, CBA abrogated 2/05.

2008 Transition Agreement bringing HP M&R and Fleet under the IAM/US CBAs with some gains.

2011 Section 6 negotiations start for the first time since 1999.

While I'm no fan industrial unions in general, and from reading about the schenanigans of TWU@AA it certainly looks like they're not doing much for their dues paying members, it still doesn't look like IAM@US is any way better. 
Last contract 1999! 
3 rounds of concessions!
Nolthing accomplished / wasted opportunity in 2008!
Next contract  ___________?  (probably in 2019?)

Nothing to be pround of for sure.

How long was that BK contract? When did they start negotiating? When did they seek mediation? How long have they been in mediation? How great were Usair's RASM's in comparison to the other majors? Why did they have the ticker symbol LCC (Low Cost Airline)
Apparently it was from 1999 to the present. 15 years.

W/R/T US specifically, I think 700 is correct-this the first round of Section 6 in a long time. That said, the IAM in general had a shot at redemption with the UA CBA's recently ratified. IMO, they blew that. Hopefully that pattern won't repeat itself in these latest talks.
The reason why it took so long to get to section six is because for the last 15 years the IAM agreed to Concessions without getting to Section 6. Instead they took a few crumbs even after exiting BK and added more years to bad deals.

Timeline at US:

Last section 6 negotiations for Fleet and M&R was an agreement ratified in 1999.

2002 US files Chapter 11, two rounds of concessions in that case.

2004 US files Chapter 11 again, one round of concessions in that case, CBA abrogated 2/05.

2008 Transition Agreement bringing HP M&R and Fleet under the IAM/US CBAs with some gains.

2011 Section 6 negotiations start for the first time since 1999.
And every one of those concessionary contracts over the last 15 years was voted in by the members. Did the the Fighting IAM offer a plan to fight back, maybe they didn't wage a Vote Yes campaign, but they didn't put much of a plan together should they vote no. Didn't they vote NO once only to be told to vote again on the same deal?

"2005 contract abrogated". Whats the rest of the story, are you claiming that the members never voted on a deal till 2008?
"2008, some gains", and how many extra years of concessions for those paltry gains?

You admit that you were the first to take concessions, all they way back in 2002, now its 2014 and you are still at the bottom.

Thomas Paine said:
The reason why it took so long to get to section six is because for the last 15 years the IAM agreed to Concessions without getting to Section 6. Instead they took a few crumbs even after exiting BK and added more years to bad deals.
What a coincidence...The IAM sounds a lot like that other union over at AA......No wonder they forged a deal to create an alliance..Sounds like the IAM and the TWU met on match.com to find each other's soul mates.

The APFA announced a while back that the company and the APFA will have a new contract signed by feb 2015. Will the IAM / TWU HAVE an agreement by then also, or are we going to drag it out until 2025?

I'm not overly impressed with this alliance or the AFL CIO.

bigjets said:
The APFA announced a while back that the company and the APFA will have a new contract signed by feb 2015. Will the IAM / TWU HAVE an agreement by then also, or are we going to drag it out until 2025?

I'm not overly impressed with this alliance or the AFL CIO.

I will second that.
That is why I signed another AMFA card!

When is enough, enough?  What does it take for you guys to fire the TWU?  How much more will you guy endure?  This is just pathetic to sit here and watch.  Hope you guys can finally see the writing on the wall.  Please get a clue very soon, or live the results for a life time. And yes, this will be your last time to be able to make change, wake up, and get a clue guys.

BTW, BB in Tulsa coming. Get informed and educated about your future.  Good luck to you guys...

Now that we see the IAM T/A is lacking with respect to wages and stilll leaves them far below AA, DL, and UA can we expect the joint alliance negotiating team to do the same?

Josh

did u forget the signing bonus?  did you fail to read the scope?  or are you just a plain IAM hater?  From what I have seen and read on our new TA  this deal is a helluva improvement  over the last 2 or so rounds   

robbedagain said:
did u forget the signing bonus?  did you fail to read the scope?  or are you just a plain IAM hater?  From what I have seen and read on our new TA  this deal is a helluva improvement  over the last 2 or so rounds
$1500/750 signing bonus what a joke.

Josh

Back