IAM/TWU aim low.......

Thomas Paine said:
Trouble reading? Where did you see the word Deregulation?

How many years can the IAM use Bankruptcy as their excuse for bottom of the industry pay? USAir emerged from C-11 over eight years ago.
How long was that BK contract? When did they start negotiating? When did they seek mediation? How long have they been in mediation? How great were Usair's RASM's in comparison to the other majors? Why did they have the ticker symbol LCC (Low Cost Airline)

Reactions: 2 people
700UW said:
They are not shooting for $2, they are asking for $39 an hour.

The $2 is the pension increase.

Why do I keep reading that they want pay parity with AA Tech's? AA Tech's don't make $39.... So if they are asking for $39 and then saying they will take what AA pays, I don't think they will end up with $39. Its the same as trying to sell a car for $20,00 but saying you will only accept $17,000.

What I love about these pages now is when you make a comment people don't like they hit you with a couple of Thumbs Down's. They can't argue the point so it's basically a badge of honor to see all that red. Keep it coming.

Carry on.

Reactions: 1 person
WeAAsles said:
What I love about these pages now is when you make a comment people don't like they hit you with a couple of Thumbs Down's. They can't argue the point so it's basically a badge of honor to see all that red. Keep it coming.

Carry on.
Will do.

Reactions: 2 people
Thomas Paine said:
Trouble reading? Where did you see the word Deregulation?

How many years can the IAM use Bankruptcy as their excuse for bottom of the industry pay? USAir emerged from C-11 over eight years ago.

W/R/T US specifically, I think 700 is correct-this the first round of Section 6 in a long time. That said, the IAM in general had a shot at redemption with the UA CBA's recently ratified. IMO, they blew that. Hopefully that pattern won't repeat itself in these latest talks. 

Timeline at US:

Last section 6 negotiations for Fleet and M&R was an agreement ratified in 1999.

2002 US files Chapter 11, two rounds of concessions in that case.

2004 US files Chapter 11 again, one round of concessions in that case, CBA abrogated 2/05.

2008 Transition Agreement bringing HP M&R and Fleet under the IAM/US CBAs with some gains.

2011 Section 6 negotiations start for the first time since 1999.

Kev3188 said:
W/R/T US specifically, I think 700 is correct-this the first round of Section 6 in a long time. That said, the IAM in general had a shot at redemption with the UA CBA's recently ratified. IMO, they blew that. Hopefully that pattern won't repeat itself in these latest talks.
Now that agreement is industry standard and other major carriers will need to match those terms. AA can't wait to go down to seven stations either and with the TWU agreement opening up in 2017 the timing couldn't be better.

Josh

700UW said:
No one has stated that is industry standard.
Are you surprised by the fact that the UA IAM negotiated agents pay benefits and work rules are part of the industry standards now

Show me any other CBA negotiated and ratified after the UA CBAs were approved by the members.

Oh wait you wont, so you cant call it industry standard if there are no new CBAs to compare it too.

700UW said:
Show me any other CBA negotiated and ratified after the UA CBAs were approved by the members.

Oh wait you wont, so you cant call it industry standard if there are no new CBAs to compare it too.
OK so the newly negotiated IAM agent contract has lower the bar in is exists among the big 3 so therefore raising the bar is up to the US/AA IAM/TWU CWA now. Anyway you look at it the US/AA agents negotiations are more difficult because of the IAM UA contract. How do you look at the newly negotiated IAM UA agent contract within the industry are you a supporter for the contract and its present and introduction into the industry. Just trying to figure out IAM long-term preparation in the industry with the agents

What AA agents?

The agents at AA are non-union, the only group that is.

And I never supported nor commented on the UA CBA.

Kinda like that great LOA your union agreed to and then had to pull.

And look at WN's IAM CBA, better than your CWA US CBA.

And US and UA have different reps and different Negotiating Committees.

john john said:
OK so the newly negotiated IAM agent contract has lower the bar in is exists among the big 3 so therefore raising the bar is up to the US/AA IAM/TWU CWA now. Anyway you look at it the US/AA agents negotiations are more difficult because of the IAM UA contract. How do you look at the newly negotiated IAM UA agent contract within the industry are you a supporter for the contract and its present and introduction into the industry. Just trying to figure out IAM long-term preparation in the industry with the agents
Maybe the combined group will vote to be unorganized and decertify the CWA.

Josh