IAM/TWU aim low.......

I guess you havent heard of the word SYNERGIES?

The HP/US Transition Agreement brought 50% of overhaul back in-house and restored a pension for M&R.

And US filed chapter 11 TWICE in less than two years, no other legacy UA, CO, DL,and NW did that, now did they?

700UW said:
US and AA are still two separate airlines, and the JCBA will take care of the rest.

The IAM as far back as last summer told the PMUS Membership that this is a temporary bridge agreement and will get the rest in JCBA Negotiations, it isnt a secret.
That sounds real familiar. "We'll get them next time brother!"

Reactions: 2 people
Will synergies make up for the fact that we earn much much less than everyone else? Doubtful. The company can gain more by having us work for 20% less than by paying us what everyone else gets to enjoy the synergies of single carrier. Look at how Delta and UAL set up dummy carriers, how AA still has Eagle, the much lower wages more than offset any synergies they would have enjoyed by rolling all those perations into one. If we were at thge same level as everyone else then maybe the Synergies would be a good tool to get other gains, but not with us at a distant bottom. You are buying into their lies. 

Synergies usually fail to materialze to the extent some claim they would generate, besides since your strategy, like Littles, is concessions for the promise of more jobs I guess we will once again see the money go towards creating more dues payers and not better wages and benefits for the dues payers you have. Synergies is really another word for savings through efficiency that reduces headcount. 

Reactions: 5 people
The IAM started the concessions train and is happy allowing it to continue through the alliance.

Josh

737823 said:
The IAM started the concessions train and is happy allowing it to continue through the alliance.

Josh
Lying again there,

What union agreed to the B-Scale in 1983?

What union just after that agreed to the C-Scale?

That would be the TWU, not the IAM.

What union permits mechanic helpers in their CBA?

That would be the TWU with OSMs.

Keep up the lies Joshie.

But the IAM is the only Union I know of that is trying to sell a new contract, forged with a very profitable company, that only brings wages up to a contract created in BK by a team of Union officials who were management lackeys and were subsequently removed. 

Reactions: 4 people
Personally I would vote no on the M&R CBA, not enough gains and the NC didnt get what they were asking for and what they told the membership last summer what they wanted.

Fleet and MTS both got better deals.

And you have to remember the negotiations were with PMUS, not the merged company.

I thought your position was not to comment on T/As until after ratification that's what you said about United.

Josh

700UW said:
Lying again there,

What union agreed to the B-Scale in 1983?

What union just after that agreed to the C-Scale?

That would be the TWU, not the IAM.

What union permits mechanic helpers in their CBA?

That would be the TWU with OSMs.

Keep up the lies Joshie.
You just pointed out all the reasons NOT to have this Alliance. I am glad you self admitted the Alliance is not in the best interest to the members of both the TWU and the IAM.

Reactions: 1 person
737823 said:
I thought your position was not to comment on T/As until after ratification that's what you said about United.

Josh
There is your problem you think.

I can comment on anything I wont, I was a member of M&R at US and this contract effects my friends and my son's mother, I can comment as much as I want or as little as I want.

And this CBA did not impress me, there were not enough gains for me to vote yes if I was eligible to vote.

1AA said:
You just pointed out all the reasons NOT to have this Alliance. I am glad you self admitted the Alliance is not in the best interest to the members of both the TWU and the IAM.
Where did I ever say that?

Please show me those words.

I am pro-alliance, and never said otherwise.

You did say before you wouldn't comment on the UA CBA until after ratification I can recall the post later but cannot at this moment. You are pro-alliance simply for the IAM to maintain dues ahd because the chain of command supports it.

Josh

I chose not to comment on UA as it doesnt effect me and didnt.

I choose to comment on the M&R TA as I was a member for 20 years and was on the Negotiating Committee and my friends and my son's mother will be working under it.

See I have a brain and I make my own informed opinions and decisions, no one tells me how to think or what position to take.

The IAM leadership is for the M&R TA, and yet I stated and will state again, if I voted it would be a NO.

I am pro-alliance for several reasons, all which make perfect sense to me.

For one its a waste of time, energy and money for the unions to fight each other.

Second the chance of any of the groups becoming unorganized is great as the PMUS employees arent happy and its quite clear the PMAA folks arent happy either, and they would take that out on the unions, not the company, you know who the real problem and enemy are, the company.

And much can be accomplished uniting the two sides from the begining, instead of the middle or end.

Also look at how the IAM and the TWU already agreed upon seniority so there isnt the debacle that happened with Reno Air and TWA when they were merged into AA.

Look at UA, both PMUA and PMCO are both IBT and they dont have a seniority agreement, not a JCBA and its been several years since that merger. While PMUA is laying off mechanics yet PMCO is hiring, and they are not giving preferential treatment to PMUA mechanics in getting those jobs.

And having a unified front before going into JCBA is the best thing, look at PMUS Pilots, nine years and still JBCA for PMHP and PMUS pilots.

And it took eight years for PMUS and PMHP FAs to get a JCBA.