IMPRESSIONS OF INCOMPETENCE

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nervous? I'll answer questions that I deem worthy. One at a time!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

By looking behind you, son, I do NOT refer to YOUR past. Rather I refer to THE LINE of applicants that are more than willing to take YOUR job. I have nothing to fear because I don't work for the airlines. You think you are not replaceable? Don't make me laugh :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go ahead and show all the photos you want. When YOUR airline implodes, enjoy the unemployment line. I'll still have a job and bennies and won't need welfare.

NEXT!
Hello. . . .. . they are already here! And you are looking at the result in these pictures. I recognize your style from else where in these pages. Got Kool-Aid???? Better hope mgmt. doesn't continue to farm out mtnc. work or you might have a burning jet sticking out of your workplace.

It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever.
-David St. Hubbins

p19fj4s8id.jpg

I agree 110% and it scares the hell out of me... Not only for the airline industry, but for every industry.

I agree about a depression too, in the near future... I'd guess recession in 2008 and 2009 - and depression by 2010. I'm just hoping that we've learned from our mistakes as a country, and our economic wizards will have what it takes to prevent this, but I don't have much hope for the near future. The fact is, the housing crisis is not enough to cause this downfall in itself, but combine this with rising oil prices, and the fact that we dont have the ability to control the increase in energy prices, I feel that doom is iminent...

The only corporations that will weather this storm are those with strong balance sheets and good labor relations... In my opinion :)

There is a history lesson here that everyone is ignoring. This isn't the first time this country was in the crapper. The last time I saw this country in the shitter this bad was in the 70's with the OPEC oil embargo.

Unemployment high. What few jobs were available were given to the Vietnam vets that were coming home. Fuel prices through the roof. Waiting in line to fill my gas tank on certain days of the week. Deregulation of the airline industry as well as the telecommunication industry. Which was seen at the time as a means to jump start our economy.

The airlines that sailed through that debacle were American and Delta because they threw down on excellent service, reliability and introduced the FF programs. They stayed close to their customer and catered to them. They listened to their customers.

That is something that has value. And it needs to be nurtured again. We will profit in the long run. And as far as I know, we're here for the long run.

This isn't the first time this country was in the crapper.

The country is in the crapper? Really?

Interesting....I guess I didn't get that memo.

Curiously, I'm not participating in this so-called "recession." And interestingly, neither is the economy....so it appears that people bent on misery and unhappiness....are participating. (Thanks for leaving me off the invitation to the recession/depression party.)

www.thesecret.tv

How many of you have had the pleasure of serving the new coach entrées on t/a flights? The "new upgraded" meals served on a tray with no space for the entrée. There is so much-salad, cake, bread, butter, chocolate-on the tray before the entry, the flight attendant has to move everything before placing the entrée. If not, the butter and chocolate melt. Now before anyone comments about why are you complaining, there is so much more now, not really, just the same stuff on a very small tray. Maybe the cake is nicer than a packaged cookie. Also, the plastic tops come off when removing the trays from the cart so the aisle ends up being littered with the tops.

I guess the testing went well in a office in Tempe set up to look like an airplane.

The boxes were better!

Then your employees lied, not me. I had a chance to get in and when I was told the starting pay was $8 and some odd cents, I said no thanx.

Looking back it was a great decision on two fronts...I made more at my current job, and after 9/11 I would have been terminated as a low union(low on the totem pole that is) employee.

So please 700, enlighten me...what was the ramp rate circa 1999 for say a 15 year ramp employee? Because I would like the correct and truthful wage.

...and we’re back.

The latest Impression of Incompetence comes from an unlikely source, but revealing nonetheless.

2863925865_18fe1c01d7_o.jpg

Thank you for enjoying my photography, N965VJ! Don't forget to quote your sources. I always liked MLA style.

Now let me analyze your photo the way it was supposed to be done.

-The dirty worn edges, my luggage grabbed those over from a UA 757 PS First seat. It rode with my bag for a few months and decided to land on this '2B' Envoy seat.

- The crumbs were in my pocket from that American Eagle ATR 72. They used to serve pretzels on those, I didn't have time to eat them since it was a short hop, so they went into my pocket. Time passes by, they are all mashed up, the air tight bag is no longer so and while I lie down to a lie flat position, they spill.

- The grime is actually from a Delta flight and it's just dust. Long story short, I was flying DL once and severe turbulence made me fall down on the wall in the galley. Little did I know it was all dusty and so is my shirt now! Fast forward to this specific 767 flight, and during boarding an impatient gal knocks me over. My back lands on the armrest. My shirt is now clean again, but the armrest is now dusty!

I couldn't use more simple examples even if I was smarter. Point of this story is, it's not just US Airways! Even SQ has crumbs, even LH has grime, and even LanChile (who uses the exact same seat as US) has scratches on the sides. It's simple basic truth and for you to not understand this means you either don't fly other airlines and seem to think everything on other carriers is tip top perfect or you're living in some kind of a bubble. I don't know what is, I don't really care but please don't let me engage you on this battlefield again. Accept the fact and live in reality. May your posts reflect this.

-Kinglobjaw

P.S. OTOH, I really miss you calling me 'grasshopper'. When will that be making a comeback? Don't tell me you're using that for someone else now. :unsure:

Don't work yourself up. The best thing you can do is ignore the problem and hope it goes away on it's own. Come to think of it, that's the standard method of operation for US Airways management. Funny, it works on the forum.

Latest posts