JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meeting about working on each other's metal starting January 9th. The company explained how the maintenance will be performed on each other's aircraft here in PHL. Explaining how the Inspectors will perform borescope on AA metal. I realize that some people are reluctant to change, but I don't see how the company is going to handle the personnel problems?
You don't see how the company is going to handle the personnel problems?

Grow up.

The fact you would even ask that question IS the problem. It is very revealing of your whole mindset to the way you approach your job.
I don't see what the problem is, you get a job assignment, you do it because you're a professional making $47 an hour.

The only problem there could be is, management tells you to sign something off, work unsafe, or your paycheck not being correct. Never been a problem shouldn't be one now. We all work for AA now, we are not indentured servents. Just do your job in a professional manner.
Bigjets you are 100% right.

What you are seeing is the result of conditioning courtesy of the TWU and modern UNION culture. They have turned men into excuse makers and whiny dependants instead of proud professionals. That is the REAL decline of UNION power in this country.

TWU insanity is the reason I chose not to exercise bumping rights or try to transfer. TWU insanity is the reason I basically quit.

I got tired of dealing with "conditioned" people like that jellyfish that can't see how the company is going to handle the personnel problems.

Pathetic.

Our office is at K7, I've seen guys have a fit if assigned to work at k19, of course these guys have between 15-30 years seniority. I've talked to new hires that are happy to be at AA rather then AAR or the equivalent. My favorite is when the whiners are told no sleeping at work and then they threaten to do their job by the book, or complain about not enough vehicles but yet drive a vehicle back to the hangar and hide it so they can use it the next day.

Too many guys take this job for granted, not realizing how good of a job this is. They're just lucky there is a lack of accountability.

You guys need to be prepared for a POTUS who puts out a tweet that says something like "these mechanics at American are making $38/hr and they want $55/hr." Or similar.

I lived through the Eastern Airlines strike living in Atlanta and had many friends in Miami. The press published this stuff. If you think for one second that the public is sympathetic to you and your cause, you are in for a rude awakening.

Now you have Elaine Chao as DOT Sec.

Take what you can get, tuck your tail between your legs, and hope for the best.

Edit: I hope you all saw that our new POTUS just hired Carl Icahn as his advisor. Good luck.

Nice. True up payment is on jetnet now. Nice little Christmas bump!

As you can see I go above and beyond all the time!!

Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 11.59.40 PM.png
If he's waiting for Christmas, he has a few days to rule. If he's waiting for the new year, then maybe his ruling will not sit well with many people.

6. I will consider all timely filed protests and issue a final and binding determination with respect to
each. After deciding all protests, I will issue final integrated seniority lists, incorporating any necessary adjustments or corrections in light of my protest determinations. It is intended that the final lists will issue by December 1, 2016. However, the Company has agreed that it will not implement the final lists until new joint collective bargaining agreements have been reached and ratified.

So, WTF is going on? More Union Shenanigans??

Our office is at K7, I've seen guys have a fit if assigned to work at k19, of course these guys have between 15-30 years seniority. I've talked to new hires that are happy to be at AA rather then AAR or the equivalent. My favorite is when the whiners are told no sleeping at work and then they threaten to do their job by the book, or complain about not enough vehicles but yet drive a vehicle back to the hangar and hide it so they can use it the next day.

Too many guys take this job for granted, not realizing how good of a job this is. They're just lucky there is a lack of accountability.
I am glad you see the truth bigjets.

Reactions: bigjets
You guys need to be prepared for a POTUS who puts out a tweet that says something like "these mechanics at American are making $38/hr and they want $55/hr." Or similar.

I lived through the Eastern Airlines strike living in Atlanta and had many friends in Miami. The press published this stuff. If you think for one second that the public is sympathetic to you and your cause, you are in for a rude awakening.

Now you have Elaine Chao as DOT Sec.

Take what you can get, tuck your tail between your legs, and hope for the best.

Edit: I hope you all saw that our new POTUS just hired Carl Icahn as his advisor. Good luck.

You may have a point but it all remains to be seen with regards to Trump & Co. When Big business claims they would love to bring jobs back to the US, but they can't afford the wages, well you know the rest.

But didn't AA file Chapter 11 under Obama with quite a few bucks $$$$$ in the bank? I don't think he even mentioned that small fact.
Obama has a few weeks left in office but I haven't seen him COMMUTE our bankruptcy contract yet!

As you can see I go above and beyond all the time!!

View attachment 11418

6. I will consider all timely filed protests and issue a final and binding determination with respect to
each. After deciding all protests, I will issue final integrated seniority lists, incorporating any necessary adjustments or corrections in light of my protest determinations. It is intended that the final lists will issue by December 1, 2016. However, the Company has agreed that it will not implement the final lists until new joint collective bargaining agreements have been reached and ratified.

So, WTF is going on? More Union Shenanigans??
I'm still waiting for my ballot regarding the ASSociation.

You may have a point but it all remains to be seen with regards to Trump & Co. When Big business claims they would love to bring jobs back to the US, but they can't afford the wages, well you know the rest.

But didn't AA file Chapter 11 under Obama with quite a few bucks $$$$$ in the bank? I don't think he even mentioned that small fact.
Obama has a few weeks left in office but I haven't seen him COMMUTE our bankruptcy contract yet!
Companies make that claim but the fact is THEY are in the golden age of low cost and high profits. They can very well pay American wages, they just rather spend China wages and sell at American prices to stupid people that think they have to have a $600 iPhone simply because they are sheep to the marketing industry.

That is what tariffs are for. The government and big business have done everything they can to demonize tariffs but the truth is taxing imports makes it less profitable to manufacture overseas thus protecting American jobs. The big lie is it will make things unaffordable. The fact is people will pay no more than what they think something is worth and with companies enjoying many times the cost in profits there is a huge window there for a market reorientation. With appropriate tariffs companies really only have 2 choices. Manufacture locally or find another market to sell goods.

If companies could not afford to pay American wages American Airlines would have gone out of business long ago. The fact they have a large American workforce, do a large portion of maintenance in the United States, and pay many employees higher than the median American income PER HOUSEHOLD ($55,775 in 2015) has neither put them out of business or made the price of an airline ticket unaffordable to the common man. In fact they made a profit of $7.6 billion dollars, despite those "obstacles".

$7.6 billion, I guess you bricks in the backpack don't weigh them down THAT much. :)

bricks-pinterest.jpg

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...merican-airlines-record-profit-2015/79482416/

"Free Trade" is the biggest scam ever perpetuated on the American public. It only serves to line the pockets of business and politicians. It does nothing for you the working man or you the consumer. It's a con.

Last edited:
Message from Local 514 President Dale Danker

Brothers and Sister,
I want to let everyone know that I received a phone call from our International on Thursday and was informed that Javits would be releasing his seniority decision on Tuesday December 27th. As soon as I get it we will post it to our website and make it available to everyone. I expect as we were told that we will have 45 days to protest any placement on any seniority list.

Please be aware of who the shop stewards are in your area by locating your Union bulletin board. Your steward will help with any questions you may have regarding seniority.
As 2016 comes to a close I want to tell each of you I wish the contract was finished, I am personally ready to be back at the base everyday. I will continue to work hard on your behalf to bring back a contract that will benefit all of us.

I do not want to sound preachy so I hope it doesn’t.
I know we have lost many close friends this year. I am thankful that I hear less and less member on member arguing to the point it gets to HR.
I’d just like to remind everyone that we need each other and I hope that even if you just have a few days off this Christmas season you can enjoy it with family and friends.

I want to personally thank the Union officers, shop stewards and members on the floor for your help and support.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Dale

I thought the list was to be published December 1? As usual dates and deadlines are as meaningless to this organization as our contract language. Why should we expect to see it on the 27th? He didn't produce it on 12-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.