JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intresting.. so how do certificated aircraft mechanics under the iam agreement that bump into auto or facilities maint for longer then 2 years keep from running afoul of 65.83?

Has the faa bought off on the "indoc school"?

Now you are getting deep.

And actually the terms are "recurrent" and "Familiarization" training. "Indoc" is usually when you first hire on. My mistake.

I think, and I could be wrong, and I usually am, but, 65.83 deals with your A&P. And each company has their own Administrator who determines what training is required to stay current after you have not used your A&P for 2 years, say, in the auto shop.

I think each companies training requirements might be different to meet the what the company Administrator deems necessary to meet the FAR's.

That's a good question, though. Anyone have the correct answer?

Realign every 4 months without fail. There are other times it legal to do so also. Don't have the contract to look it up, though. You have your realignment preference paper work on file with the company and the union.

It is a pain. I hate it. Sometimes you loose your days off or shift. Sometimes you move up. But many more times you just stay where you are. But it does give you a great opportunity every 4 months to change your shift or days off within your department if you need to for personal reasons, like hunting season, take the kids to school, health reasons and so forth. That is if you have the seniority to get what you want when the realignment time comes, and your paperwork is correct.

Thanks, we have the same thing we just call it the new bid, it use to happen every 3 months, but then in 2003 it was moved to every 6 months or when management wanted it to happen. Evidently it saves money to bid every 6 months.

In 2003, Tulsa voted in our big concession contract, at the time Tulsa worked days with weekends off. A side note is, we are still working under a worse version of that contract today.

Intresting.. so how do certificated aircraft mechanics under the iam agreement that bump into auto or facilities maint for longer then 2 years keep from running afoul of 65.83?

Has the faa bought off on the "indoc school"?
Why not? A couple of union officers, both international and local came right back to the floor after years and years away from it. Not a peep from either the company or the union.
The automotive and facility mechanics have more experience than some of these guys simply by "walking" past the aircraft.

Last edited:
Hey Javits, are you gonna rule on seniority integration this month?

I ain't gettin' no freakin' younger!!
If he's waiting for Christmas, he has a few days to rule. If he's waiting for the new year, then maybe his ruling will not sit well with many people.

Meeting about working on each other's metal starting January 9th. The company explained how the maintenance will be performed on each other's aircraft here in PHL. Explaining how the Inspectors will perform borescope on AA metal. I realize that some people are reluctant to change, but I don't see how the company is going to handle the personnel problems?

I don't see what the problem is, you get a job assignment, you do it because you're a professional making $47 an hour.

The only problem there could be is, management tells you to sign something off, work unsafe, or your paycheck not being correct. Never been a problem shouldn't be one now. We all work for AA now, we are not indentured servents. Just do your job in a professional manner.

Meeting about working on each other's metal starting January 9th. The company explained how the maintenance will be performed on each other's aircraft here in PHL. Explaining how the Inspectors will perform borescope on AA metal. I realize that some people are reluctant to change, but I don't see how the company is going to handle the personnel problems?
This is inevitable. Sooner or later we will truly be ONE airline. Eventually there will be no go to that gate and work the LUS aircraft or go that gate to work a LAA. gate. This is what happens when airlines merge.

Are you guys really that stupid. WE will NEVER be one group of Mechanics. There has NEVER been anything good to come from a Merger. Wake up. You will not like our ways and we will not like yours. There is more of Us Than there is you. So when ever there is a vote. It will ALWAYS piss you off that we will be doing things the American Mechanics Way. THAT IS THE TRUTH.

What amazes me is that AA mechanics still can't get a good contract, like UPS. When the vote comes they will find out that the IAM contract will be there new contract! More holidays, better bumbing ability. Remember each other's mx is not the enemy. Management is!!!!!!

Are you guys really that stupid. WE will NEVER be one group of Mechanics. There has NEVER been anything good to come from a Merger. Wake up. You will not like our ways and we will not like yours. There is more of Us Than there is you. So when ever there is a vote. It will ALWAYS piss you off that we will be doing things the American Mechanics Way. THAT IS THE TRUTH.
And because of this the association will make sure things will pass or move along without a vote.

Reactions: OldGuy@AA
Status
Not open for further replies.