JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the list was to be published December 1? As usual dates and deadlines are as meaningless to this organization as our contract language. Why should we expect to see it on the 27th? He didn't produce it on 12-1.

Don't forget to read the fine print when dealing with this organization. They always leave themselves a "Get out of Jail Free" card to cover their ass!! aka "They can do that, brother" ;)

"It is 'intended' that the final lists will issue by December 1, 2016."

Reactions: conehead777
Companies make that claim but the fact is THEY are in the golden age of low cost and high profits. They can very well pay American wages, they just rather spend China wages and sell at American prices to stupid people that think they have to have a $600 iPhone simply because they are sheep to the marketing industry.

That is what tariffs are for. The government and big business have done everything they can to demonize tariffs but the truth is taxing imports makes it less profitable to manufacture overseas thus protecting American jobs. The big lie is it will make things unaffordable. The fact is people will pay no more than what they think something is worth and with companies enjoying many times the cost in profits there is a huge window there for a market reorientation. With appropriate tariffs companies really only have 2 choices. Manufacture locally or find another market to sell goods.

If companies could not afford to pay American wages American Airlines would have gone out of business long ago. The fact they have a large American workforce, do a large portion of maintenance in the United States, and pay many employees higher than the median American income PER HOUSEHOLD ($55,775 in 2015) has neither put them out of business or made the price of an airline ticket unaffordable to the common man. In fact they made a profit of $7.6 billion dollars, despite those "obstacles".

$7.6 billion, I guess you bricks in the backpack don't weigh them down THAT much. :)

bricks-pinterest.jpg

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...merican-airlines-record-profit-2015/79482416/

"Free Trade" is the biggest scam ever perpetuated on the American public. It only serves to line the pockets of business and politicians. It does nothing for you the working man or you the consumer. It's a con.
Which part of that did you disagree with bob@las-AA?

Do you even know?

AA provided a pretty decent Christmas dinner this year. Glad to see we didn't have the moronic campaign to turn down meal because we are upset with the pace of negotiations. Very childish.

When in fact our union is a big reason for our delayed contract. Forming the association, a year for the court case, and our own union admitting that we have too many work groups under one contract.

I am happy the union and AA came up with an interim pay raise. Not getting That would have put a damper on our Christmas mood. AA should have given us the 4% raise when the rest of the employees got it, would have saved a lot of heart ache.

Seniority integration decision and seniority lists are out.

http://www.usaamerger.com/

I think I will wait for someone to clarify the integrated seniority list for me. At first glance, can someone state rather it leaned either towards AA or US's way of doing their seniority for leads and inspectors? It also looks like he took into consideration of the TWA integrated seniority. Good luck to you guys, I'm sure not all are happy.

I thought the list was to be published December 1? As usual dates and deadlines are as meaningless to this organization as our contract language. Why should we expect to see it on the 27th? He didn't produce it on 12-1.
Christmas was two days ago, but better late than never. He released his decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.