JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
What stations are fixed days off and which are rotating days off? I know ORD and MIA are rotating and DFW is fixed, what about the other stations?

So it seems that the new AA wants to have it uniform across all bases. With all of PMUS all fixed and DFW fixed, wouldn't the majority be on a fixed days off schedule?

1AA said:
Times are changing. Your the old and I'm the new. Don't let the door hit you in your backside.
Typical, you can't debate nor have a discussion, so you attack the poster.

History and experience are important in the issues.

Get over it already.

I'm surprised this is even an issue. I always thought that bidding hours worked and days off were a cornerstone of unions and SENIORITY. Unless I'm missing something here or misunderstand what's being discussed, I'm kinda lost.

AANOTOK said:
I'm surprised this is even an issue. I always thought that bidding hours worked and days off were a cornerstone of unions and SENIORITY. Unless I'm missing something here or misunderstand what's being discussed, I'm kinda lost.
I'm not sure really. I'm thinking the company wants to remove the sentence in the contract that allows the membership to choose if they want rotating or fixed days off.

AANOTOK said:

I agree.  I'm trying to follow along too, and I'm in Maintenance.

Are you guys saying, both on the line and in base, you have rotating days off and you don't like the fact that they may be changed to fixed days off?  People actually have rotating days off on the line?  How does one set up his shift swaps or get a steady shift swap partner if your days off always change?

We've never had this, so I don't know.  Just one more of the many differences that'll have to be ironed out.

dvlhog212 said:
It now takes 30+ years to hold weekends at dwh. 28 years to hold a piece of it. I've got 25 years and can barely hold a piece of the weekend on midnights. Of course ol' FM is always trying to force us to work our 5 measly holidays. Used to be an advantage of working at a base, having holidays off. No more though.

Sounds like PIT.  At least we still get the holidays off, for now.  That'll probably be changing too.

Real tired said:

Are you guys saying, both on the line and in base, you have rotating days off and you don't like the fact that they may be changed to fixed days off?  People actually have rotating days off on the line?  How does one set up his shift swaps or get a steady shift swap partner if your days off always change?

We've never had this, so I don't know.  Just one more of the many differences that'll have to be ironed out.
in avionics in Dfw line we rotate days off monthly. So you go from mon tue to wed thu etc. when I had double partners get one on the opposite shift with same days off. Are some one can work for you on there day off.

Real tired said:

at th base we have fixed days off

So the bases DWH and tule all the USair bases, dfw amts are fixed days off.

on rotating days off on the same shift, a guy with 30 yrs seniority could work on Christmas morning while a guy with 1 year seniority has Christmas off. All depends how the day off rotation goes.

I have experienced day shift guys trying to sharp shoot my days off because I had a rotation with Christmas and New Years off. By bidding my afternoon shift. Fortunately they miscalculated and worked the holidays on afternoon shift.

I have seen a crew chief bump other crew chiefs because they were rotating into weekends off. Until crew chiefs went to a two day rotation. Then that crew chief voted for 2012 contract took the money and retired leaving us with this contract. Typical a scaler. IGM

Thank you to Doug for D2R.

chris perry said:
The bottom line is rotating days off if changed in any work group is a concession to the company.
it's not a concession if many want rotating days

chris perry said:
The bottom line is rotating days off if changed in any work group is a concession to the company.
How can it be  a concession when it is already in the contract that the company can have fixed or rotating days off? 

From Article 3:

(f) At stations or shops where employees are required to maintain continuous operation of departments or assignments, days off will either be fixed or rotated. When fixed days off are selected, seniority will determine shift and days off. The Company determines the frequency and composition of schedule bids. Each bid must Page 18 of 272 

contain the schedule of hours and days off. Nothing precludes the Company from posting a variable schedule for relief purposes. Nothing precludes the Company from posting interim schedule bids for individual shops or work units. Scheduled bids will be determined on a seniority basis. Line Stations will bid at least once per year, unless mutually agreed upon by local management and the local TWU to more. 

MetalMover said:
How can it be  a concession when it is already in the contract that the company can have fixed or rotating days off? 

From Article 3:

(f) At stations or shops where employees are required to maintain continuous operation of departments or assignments, days off will either be fixed or rotated. When fixed days off are selected, seniority will determine shift and days off. The Company determines the frequency and composition of schedule bids. Each bid must Page 18 of 272 

contain the schedule of hours and days off. Nothing precludes the Company from posting a variable schedule for relief purposes. Nothing precludes the Company from posting interim schedule bids for individual shops or work units. Scheduled bids will be determined on a seniority basis. Line Stations will bid at least once per year, unless mutually agreed upon by local management and the local TWU to more. 

Thank you Metal, as we all know the language gives the company carte blanche to do as they want and I do not see 
that changing. I have always thought the company and the union (unions) would come to a more flexible schedule to
fit the needs of each individual station, like weekend incentive plans (the hospitals have been doing it for years). But
I guess it makes too much sense, and we can't have happy employees can we? 

chilokie1 said:

Thank you Metal, as we all know the language gives the company carte blanche to do as they want and I do not see 
that changing. I have always thought the company and the union (unions) would come to a more flexible schedule to
fit the needs of each individual station, like weekend incentive plans (the hospitals have been doing it for years). But
I guess it makes too much sense, and we can't have happy employees can we? 
Yea, why make things easy for us....The next thing down the pipe will be the CS issue.  LAA/TWU never had CS language in their agreements while LUS/IAM does. It WILL be in the JCBA and my understanding is it will be enforced to the letter. 

MetalMover said:
Yea, why make things easy for us....The next thing down the pipe will be the CS issue.  LAA/TWU never had CS language in their agreements while LUS/IAM does. It WILL be in the JCBA and my understanding is it will be enforced to the letter. 

I hope they do come to realization that having a flexible CS policy for shift workers makes sense, if a guy is
fur-lowed to another station his quality of life can be made much better with only the cost of a supervisor 
doing a little additional time changing his time and attendance in the computer. And for the guys who just
would like to change their start time so they can go to the Dr. or dentist office without smelling like we do
after a few hours on the job. Last time I went to the sick nazi I made sure I was ripe with jet fuel as to show
the S.O.B.  in TULE (if you are based at TULE you know who I'am talking about) what it is like to have a guy
who is working on aircraft come into his or her sterile work environment. Presently in my work area you can not
change your start time, you can leave & clock out then clock back in to fill out your 8hrs. Any supervisor or 
manager that is worth his salt knows the benefit of a good CS policy & if policed by the supervisors there 
should always be the manpower needed for the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back