JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
skydrol said:
Do not know if most LAA people read past the pay raise but time will tell what the rest means. I said in previous post cudos to IAM for hoodwinking TWU. For example they had ten year top out which was reduced to 9 years. LAA had 5 year top out that went to 9. Most of LAA people that are in the new hire category are in the high cost of living cities and really did not need to go backwards notice no grandfathering. The cross utilization issue once that happens station protection kicks in at the station where the fleet is cross utilized. The plan will unveil itself when we see what stations get the work and get the protection. My guess is it will favor the LUS cities. Hope I'm wrong but I'm thinking something stinks and once again all the TWU cared about is dues. Dual unions representing the same class and craft is a awesome idea!!!
What is the total number of those currently employed as mechanics, that will be affected by this contract that will lose the 4 years? ( just under 200 ) 

dvlhog212 said:
Please refresh my memory. When did I claim any work was to be done at a specific base? The only thing I know as fact is what is stated in the August 5 LOA.

You are correct sir I was having a senior moment, my friend told me the work was going to DWH,
but my question still holds true and that is what does the LOA have to do with the work no longer
coming to Tulsa?  

skydrol said:
So buck you are ok with that ?
Of course not. I actually believe they should "grandfather" them into the 5 year top out or less.

Pardon me but that was a rather a less than intelligent question.

Well buck, since you highlighted that sentence and was applying that it effected (just under 200) which I think more like 400 it would leave the impression you were happy. So I would have to say your statement was more along the lines of I got mine. Since you did not address your station is not going to be protected and have stated you have 30 plus years seniority you seem complacent. The point you missed is the letter is pro IAM. So from my perspective it is you that lacks intelligence and just want to argue. I am not like you and have nothing to prove on a bulletin board so I'm good we we just disagree on this issue.

chilokie1 said:
You are correct sir I was having a senior moment, my friend told me the work was going to DWH,
but my question still holds true and that is what does the LOA have to do with the work no longer
coming to Tulsa?
I have no idea what is or was scheduled into T-town. All I know is the August 5th LOA excludes the bases from cross utilization. That being said though, nothing would surprise me.

skydrol said:
Well buck, since you highlighted that sentence and was applying that it effected (just under 200) which I think more like 400 it would leave the impression you were happy. So I would have to say your statement was more along the lines of I got mine. Since you did not address your station is not going to be protected and have stated you have 30 plus years seniority you seem complacent. The point you missed is the letter is pro IAM. So from my perspective it is you that lacks intelligence and just want to argue. I am not like you and have nothing to prove on a bulletin board so I'm good we we just disagree on this issue.
Fine but you also must fail to realize that while I am a 30 plus year mechanic paying dues to the TWU, I have been an advocate for AMFA for since 1987, I am told. All that being said, I am still in favor of unionism. I just do not care for AFL-CIO type representation, but would not leave any members hanging. I highlighted because that was the subject.

Reactions: 3 people
dvlhog212 said:

coming to Tulsa?
I have no idea what is or was scheduled into T-town. All I know is the August 5th LOA excludes the bases from cross utilization. That being said though, nothing would surprise me.

I think chilokie is saying the US work is/was coming to Tulsa under a MRO contract. i.e. LUS is paying LAA to do its work on the 757. It wouldn't be signed off under 121 but signed off under 145. It would be no different than the work going to Delta, United, AAR, etc. 

Its pretty normal for that to happen in mergers to get around unions. Not sure if it has ever been challenged. 

having said that, not sure how they would get away with it now that the airline has a single AOC. 

topDawg said:

I think chilokie is saying the US work is/was coming to Tulsa under a MRO contract. i.e. LUS is paying LAA to do its work on the 757. It wouldn't be signed off under 121 but signed off under 145. It would be no different than the work going to Delta, United, AAR, etc. 

Its pretty normal for that to happen in mergers to get around unions. Not sure if it has ever been challenged. 

having said that, not sure how they would get away with it now that the airline has a single AOC. 

Thank You TopDawg that is what I was saying, on your point of how they can get away with it,
we have a saying in the TWU "They Can Do That Brother"  (we hear that a lot).

Reactions: 2 people
dvlhog212 said:
Please refresh my memory. When did I claim any work was to be done at a specific base? The only thing I know as fact is what is stated in the August 5 LOA.
Is there a link to that LOA, or briefly, what did it say?  I seem to have missed it.  Thanks.

Buck said:
Fine but you also must fail to realize that while I am a 30 plus year mechanic paying dues to the TWU, I have been an advocate for AMFA for since 1987, I am told. All that being said, I am still in favor of unionism. I just do not care for AFL-CIO type representation, but would not leave any members hanging. I highlighted because that was the subject.
I with 'ya, my brother.

But sadly, I doubt I'll ever see anything like that ever come to fruition while I'm still working here.  The association took care of that.

Can't say we never tried, though. 

Guess we didn't try hard enough.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.