JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
While these negotiations drag on we must remind out leadership that we want more than money.  We want our bumping rights back like the IAM have.  We want our vacation back to 7 weeks.  We want 11 holidays and since we had 5 for over 13 years now it is not too much to ask.  We need a 401K contribution to make up for our frozen pension.  The drawback to this is the IAMNPF (Funny how this one thing keeps coming up).  This is a cancer that is slowly killing us. We need an exit strategy for this underfunded ponzi scheme.  We need GEO pay for our line mechanics in high cost areas.  I think the first step is get rid of the association and that needs to happen before it is too late.  We have tried the AMFA drives and they have not been successful due to the company helping the TWU.  I think the best plan right now is to sign cards for the TWU and finally rid us of the cancer IAM as they should have been sent packing on day one.  How the heck does 1/3 of the population dictate to 2/3 and force arbitration on things that should be decided by a membership vote?  Let's get something going and cut this cancer out before it kills us all.  I am curious on what others think about this and what course of action we should take.  I think most would agree we need to rid ourselves of the association.

The Door Opens

Perhaps this is what has been what is wrong with trying to replace the TWU? The membership not understanding the general purpose of the underlings of the AFL-CIO. Take some time to read about the founding of this group, even the CIO and AFL as stand alone entities. Look at the founding members and see where their political agenda lies. Why do the Industrial Unions support only the Democratic party. Is it as simple as full supporting members of the AFL-CIO Industrial unions becoming firearm owners and then politically funding the destruction of the 2nd Amendment? Then therefore the union leadership stating that every member is the same and in the case of the mechanics, the only difference is their license? Every member's wages and benefits are the same except for that license?

How about we close the political doorway and get back to the topic.

OldGuy@AA said:
While these negotiations drag on we must remind out leadership that we want more than money.  We want our bumping rights back like the IAM have.  We want our vacation back to 7 weeks.  We want 11 holidays and since we had 5 for over 13 years now it is not too much to ask.  We need a 401K contribution to make up for our frozen pension.  The drawback to this is the IAMNPF (Funny how this one thing keeps coming up).  This is a cancer that is slowly killing us. We need an exit strategy for this underfunded ponzi scheme.  We need GEO pay for our line mechanics in high cost areas.  I think the first step is get rid of the association and that needs to happen before it is too late.  We have tried the AMFA drives and they have not been successful due to the company helping the TWU.  I think the best plan right now is to sign cards for the TWU and finally rid us of the cancer IAM as they should have been sent packing on day one.  How the heck does 1/3 of the population dictate to 2/3 and force arbitration on things that should be decided by a membership vote?  Let's get something going and cut this cancer out before it kills us all.  I am curious on what others think about this and what course of action we should take.  I think most would agree we need to rid ourselves of the association.
I would agree with most of what you say with one exception.

I think the TWU needs to go to.

OldGuy@AA said:
A list of wonders.

I've had the first and only, post contract retroactive pay cut.
Now I've had the first pre-contract LOA pay raise I didn't get to vote on.

Yes, it is a cancer, but now with this pay raise, I don't see how we can cure this cancer.

With the new rate, plus the slight bump in the multiplier for the IAMNPF, any contract that comes out that includes the IAM pension, will be overwhelmingly approved by the LUS side.  I'd bet near 100%.

That's 1/3 of the vote.

All that is needed now, for any contract that comes out to be approved, is less than 1/3 of the vote from the LAA side.  And with this new rate, I don't see to many that would want to vote no for anything, because a no vote for the IAMNPF, if it's in the contract, is a no vote for the pay rate.

Brilliant strategy by the company and the union to get a contract approved, that might include the IAM pension plan.  And we don't even know what's in it yet.

Real tired said:
A list of wonders.

I've had the first and only, post contract retroactive pay cut.
Now I've had the first pre-contract LOA pay raise I didn't get to vote on.

Yes, it is a cancer, but now with this pay raise, I don't see how we can cure this cancer.

With the new rate, plus the slight bump in the multiplier for the IAMNPF, any contract that comes out that includes the IAM pension, will be overwhelmingly approved by the LUS side.  I'd bet near 100%.

That's 1/3 of the vote.

All that is needed now, for any contract that comes out to be approved, is less than 1/3 of the vote from the LAA side.  And with this new rate, I don't see to many that would want to vote no for anything, because a no vote for the IAMNPF, if it's in the contract, is a no vote for the pay rate.

Brilliant strategy by the company and the union to get a contract approved, that might include the IAM pension plan.  And we don't even know what's in it yet.
The thing I most hear in Tulsa is no to anything that includes the IAMNPF.  

OldGuy@AA said:
OK if you automatically fund the dems and they do nothing for you then what kind of agenda could you have?  
You have individuals using UNION money to buy personal political power OlgGuy@AA.

They (not necessarily YOU) are getting SOMETHING out of it. Believe that.

OldGuy@AA said:
Because the IAM was in charge first, period, that's why. I have warned you guys and warned you guys of this crap coming, and now it's here. Sorry to say but now you guys have to deal with it for the rest of your careers, very sad for you all...

OldGuy@AA said:
Don't forget an increase in license pay. Not much separates us from fac mntce and auto mtnce. 

While looking at my lump sum payment from the company I calculated I am paying a 38% in taxes. I'm not sure why I normally pay 25% in taxes why they are treating this like some sort of bonus. These are wages from August 5th to November 12. They say they are the differences of my base pay now and the base I will go to. I feel like the company pulled the wool over our eyes. We gave up the biggest bargaining chip we had for this. Why didn't the union hand all of our demands at the table and tell the company if they want us to work on each other's planes they would have to meet all of our demands. I'm curious how much the company pumped into both internationals bank accounts?

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
Do journeyman electricians in facility maintenance get license pay?
They get skill pay. I'm not criticizing them at all and say good for them. But as I have stated before AMT's are subject to more scrutiny and fine and disciplanry action with respect to IAW AND FAA rules and regulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back