JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
matt said:
While looking at my lump sum payment from the company I calculated I am paying a 38% in taxes. I'm not sure why I normally pay 25% in taxes why they are treating this like some sort of bonus. These are wages from August 5th to November 12. They say they are the differences of my base pay now and the base I will go to. I feel like the company pulled the wool over our eyes. We gave up the biggest bargaining chip we had for this. Why didn't the union hand all of our demands at the table and tell the company if they want us to work on each other's planes they would have to meet all of our demands. I'm curious how much the company pumped into both internationals bank accounts?
Are you not familiar with how these large industrial unions operate?

No offense intended

matt said:
While looking at my lump sum payment from the company I calculated I am paying a 38% in taxes. I'm not sure why I normally pay 25% in taxes why they are treating this like some sort of bonus. These are wages from August 5th to November 12. They say they are the differences of my base pay now and the base I will go to. I feel like the company pulled the wool over our eyes. We gave up the biggest bargaining chip we had for this. Why didn't the union hand all of our demands at the table and tell the company if they want us to work on each other's planes they would have to meet all of our demands. I'm curious how much the company pumped into both internationals bank accounts?
The check was listed as supplemental. I guess the IRS has a flat 25% deduction on federal withholding for this type of check. When you add the other mandatory deductions of SS it adds up to about 34% or so. Hey look on the bright side, no union dues came out of it.

1AA said:
The check was listed as supplemental. I guess the IRS has a flat 25% deduction on federal withholding for this type of check. When you add the other mandatory deductions of SS it adds up to about 34% or so. Hey look on the bright side, no union dues came out of it.
Speaking of union dues, since the raise was effective AUG 5, will the union seek to collect dues from us retro to that date?

MetalMover said:
Speaking of union dues, since the raise was effective AUG 5, will the union seek to collect dues from us retro to that date?
I'll have to go check my pay this Friday versus older ones.

Yes but read my post again. Will it be retro to AUG 5th? As in when the increase is reflected in our pay in NOV? A valid question I think.

MetalMover said:
Don't forget an increase in license pay. Not much separates us from fac mntce and auto mtnce. 
Glad you brought that up.  If I had my way we would get about 50 cents or a dollar for license pay.  That way when we get a % increase in pay we actually get almost all of it.  Consider that license pay has made up over 20% of our pay and when we got our 3% raises we didn't actually get 3% since the license pay wasn't included.  Now if license pay was rolled into our base pay and included in the % raises that would be great but it's not.  We need to start thinking more about what we should have and less about how much more we make than fleet or stores.  Yeah we should make more but don't you realize that when our license pay isn't included in % raises we get less money in the raise as a result?  As far as Fac and Auto maintenance the association has shown us they value them more than us by making their base pay higher than ours.  We can all blame ourselves for not getting rid of the TWU long ago for that.  Being an electrician is a dangerous job but they have nowhere near the responsibility we do.  Same old thing different day.  But I feel we need to change our way of thinking.  The higher the license pay the less we get when there is a % pay increase.  That needs to change.

Well at least you guys got $10 an hour or so for it.  At UAL the teamster air president gave resource utilization to the company 5 years ago and the mechanics got Zilch!!!!!  And we still have nothing. 

matt said:

Real tired said:
A list of wonders.

I've had the first and only, post contract retroactive pay cut.
Now I've had the first pre-contract LOA pay raise I didn't get to vote on.

Yes, it is a cancer, but now with this pay raise, I don't see how we can cure this cancer.

With the new rate, plus the slight bump in the multiplier for the IAMNPF, any contract that comes out that includes the IAM pension, will be overwhelmingly approved by the LUS side.  I'd bet near 100%.

That's 1/3 of the vote.   ( I hope it is ok with Skydrol if I highlight the subject again )

All that is needed now, for any contract that comes out to be approved, is less than 1/3 of the vote from the LAA side.  And with this new rate, I don't see to many that would want to vote no for anything, because a no vote for the IAMNPF, if it's in the contract, is a no vote for the pay rate.

Brilliant strategy by the company and the union to get a contract approved, that might include the IAM pension plan.  And we don't even know what's in it yet.
So an Association that the membership believes they had no vote on?? has made a proposal to "increase" the multiplier of 1/3 of those who may have a vote in an upcoming negotiations vote? Assuming those in the 2/3's voting block are paid off under the IGM ( I got mine ) then those affected under the IAMPF might have something. 

MetalMover said:
Don't forget an increase in license pay. Not much separates us from fac mntce and auto mtnce. 
The question is why is Facility and Auto Maintenance base pay related to ours in any way? 

Industrial Unionism.

Good or Bad, we are mostly aircraft mechanics asking the question.

matt said:
Do you believe the company sets those Tax Rates?

When the ASS was formed part of the agreement was to keep
the same ratio of members in each Union, has anyone heard if
those numbers are being kept up to date and the ratio is being
Maintained?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back