June - US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You missed this one. Jeff Freund could not believe Jmacs stupidity. He was absolutely made aware the Nic would force the East out of ALPA and the West would never get the Nic. But the He pressed on, and here we are. Not too smart seeing the end result.

Like shooting scabs in a barrel...!!!

9...the official ALPA position post Nic and during the representational election was that if the east voted in usapa, the east usapa would be defeating its own purpose because that would guarantee no West representation and no means to negotiate with the West off the Nic.

well, here we are...scabs like you running amok rewriting history...and trying to do it for an audience that witnessed the show.

Whats the matter, don't like what is coming down the pipe....er..or should I say, don't like the pipe your turd of a union is getting flushed down???

Reactions: 2 people
Prater openly stated McIlvenna was an idiot. An idiot that had absolutely no idea what the arbitration really meant. It meant nothing and McIlvenna led the clueless West group into the swamp.Friend could t talk any sense into him either. Everyone was amazed he was elected in the first place.

Would that be the same John Prater who got tossed as president?

Or, maybe the J. Prater who overtly failed his DFR owed to membership, and had to be overridden by the executive council to keep ALPA national from losing their ass in a DFR lawsuit?

Were Prater and Bebe sleeping together? I have to wonder, because I can't think of what would make the president of the union intentionally violate the union's C&BLs and federal law for a bunch of scab wannabees trying to kick his union to the curb.

Keep rewriting the history there 9,,,,,I am getting a good laugh at your expense.

Reactions: 1 person
Like shooting scabs in a barrel...!!!

Whats the matter, don't like what is coming down the pipe....er..or should I say, don't like the pipe your turd of a union is getting flushed down???

It's pike, nic.......not pipe. Any idea as to what a pike is? The phrase is...."what is coming down the pike".

I try to help you guys not look stupid....oh well....I am sure Jim caught that one, but he is so West aligned, he just couldn't say anything.

breeze

You missed this one. Jeff Freund could not believe Jmacs stupidity. He was absolutely made aware the Nic would force the East out of ALPA and the West would never get the Nic. But the He pressed on, and here we are. Not too smart seeing the end result.
Big deal, Stephan made you aware getting rid of alpa was the fastest way to the nic unaltered. I look at it like this, making a deal under duress is bad business. I've no regrets to the path the west took, there really was no choice in the matter.

Do I understand you correctly that you are saying Prater should have taken away the joint ratification that was provided for in the TA?
Prater would have been within his rights to combine the two MEC's and sign the contract himself, and knew that was the only way to fully carry out his duties. Instead he got greedy and thought he could get the West pilots to negotiate against themselves AND preserve the dues flow from the east as a little thank you for his efforts.

Prater would have been within his rights to combine the two MEC's and sign the contract himself, and knew that was the only way to fully carry out his duties. Instead he got greedy and thought he could get the West pilots to negotiate against themselves AND preserve the dues flow from the east as a little thank you for his efforts.

That wasn't my question. I asked if you thought he should have done that. Many easties thought he would do just that and voted for USAPA.

What about if he took over the west MEC and forced concessions to the Nic on you to preserve the dues stream. That would have settled things. Would you approve of that use of power?

Prater shouldn't have crammed anything down on anyone. He should have been focused on getting the one party who pulled out of JNC back into JNC, and then letting the process play out. He jumped ahead of himself in trying to shakedown the west to appease the east. Once he pulled that crap, none of us knew where we stood.

Back into JNC as equal partners is where we should have been. It is true usapa may have happened anyway, but so what. You do the right thing with what you've got. Prater FAILED.

Reactions: 1 person
Prater shouldn't have crammed anything down on anyone. He should have been focused on getting the one party who pulled out of JNC back into JNC, and then letting the process play out. He jumped ahead of himself in trying to shakedown the west to appease the east. Once he pulled that crap, none of us knew where we stood.

Back into JNC as equal partners is where we should have been. It is true usapa may have happened anyway, but so what. You do the right thing with what you've got. Prater FAILED.

No doubt he failed. I agree about leaving JNC talks and told my reps about it. But, when I was talking to Prater I didn't feel that he was trying to shake you guys down. No doubt you guys did, but he saw this train wreck coming and I thought he was genuinely trying to come up with a way to fix it. Maybe I was naive about that, a lot of my east friends thought I was. I bet he wishes he had never intervened. When he put PHL in trusteeship it was pretty much over.

No doubt he failed. I agree about leaving JNC talks and told my reps about it. But, when I was talking to Prater I didn't feel that he was trying to shake you guys down. No doubt you guys did, but he saw this train wreck coming and I thought he was genuinely trying to come up with a way to fix it. Maybe I was naive about that, a lot of my east friends thought I was. I bet he wishes he had never intervened. When he put PHL in trusteeship it was pretty much over.

Regarding the 'shakedown,' I guess that's part of what I meant in stating none of us knew where we stood once he went off the reservation. My perception was a shakedown, but your perception is at least as likely, if not more likely that mine. I never actually spoke to him, although I did write an email and he did respond. It's all water under the bridge now at any rate.

It's pike, nic.......not pipe. Any idea as to what a pike is? The phrase is...."what is coming down the pike".

I try to help you guys not look stupid....oh well....I am sure Jim caught that one, but he is so West aligned, he just couldn't say anything.

breeze

Really.....so its what is coming down the gar type fish?

Here is one for you breeze....don't pike out on me.....BB might not jump on that but Claxon might get it.

That wasn't my question. I asked if you thought he should have done that. Many easties thought he would do just that and voted for USAPA.

What about if he took over the west MEC and forced concessions to the Nic on you to preserve the dues stream. That would have settled things. Would you approve of that use of power?

That would have been outside the scope of his authority, in direct violation of the ALPA C&BLs, and a certain losing DFR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts