New Pay Raises for Crews

Weasles clearly has a serious case of hero worship with Parker, and that's going to wind up with a serious case of disillusionment in a few years. Then again, maybe it's just a matter of when you belong to the TWU, all you can do is hope things will get better.

Keep in mind that if Buffet is investing more of his money, it's because the stock is priced as a bargain and it's a cheap bet to make.

I'd also be careful comparing DL and AA here. Berkshire sold their DL holdings because they wanted to cash out while the stock was riding high enough to realize a profit on the stock sale.

John John must be ignorant about who Buffet is -- BH has lots of investments in unionized companies, including railroads that are more heavily represented than airlines are.

I still maintain that voting in a union was probably the worst thing that the agents could have done to themselves. Yes, Parker did step aside and let the agents vote in the CWA, but I find it interesting so few agents asked why he'd want to do that.

Perhaps Parker preferred working with the CWA because a CBA gave him a bunch of black & white options to pursue, without any need for compassion to set in and create some grey that might benefit both sides? Instead of looking for alternatives that might preserve jobs, he'll just invoke the contract. It's certainly easier that way.

Weasles clearly has a serious case of hero worship with Parker, and that's going to wind up with a serious case of disillusionment in a few years. Then again, maybe it's just a matter of when you belong to the TWU, all you can do is hope things will get better.

Keep in mind that if Buffet is investing more of his money, it's because the stock is priced as a bargain and it's a cheap bet to make.

I'd also be careful comparing DL and AA here. Berkshire sold their DL holdings because they wanted to cash out while the stock was riding high enough to realize a profit on the stock sale.

John John must be ignorant about who Buffet is -- BH has lots of investments in unionized companies, including railroads that are more heavily represented than airlines are.

I still maintain that voting in a union was probably the worst thing that the agents could have done to themselves. Yes, Parker did step aside and let the agents vote in the CWA, but I find it interesting so few agents asked why he'd want to do that.

Perhaps Parker preferred working with the CWA because a CBA gave him a bunch of black & white options to pursue, without any need for compassion to set in and create some grey that might benefit both sides? Instead of looking for alternatives that might preserve jobs, he'll just invoke the contract. It's certainly easier that way.

And E clearly has an issue with reading comprehension. But of course we can try again to get through.

I don't care about the individual (Parker, Arpey, Horton hears a who) I care about the direction and if I think my job is more secure now than before.

And I completely feel my job is more secure now than under the old Business managers.

But YOU are clearly emotional against this man Parker and what the Unions at AA decided what was best for the Airline, the Industry and ourselves.

You're turning in or maybe you always have been no different than World Traveler.

One more time. The people you admired took us into BANKRUPTCY. Everything else except that is irrelevant.

I was referring to you and not Warren Buffett and the likes of you that created a work environment that felt like they needed to be represented by a union. And then you got push out

Try to kept up

Well over here at UA I dont think anybody would expect a raise in the middle of a contract in ten million years.

Oh, just keep on loving the new AA management, Weasles. I'm sure they appreciate it.

Let's revisit this topic in 10 years or whenever AA comes back for concessions, whichever comes first... my guess is you might change your mind.

Weasles clearly has a serious case of hero worship with Parker, and that's going to wind up with a serious case of disillusionment in a few years.

I don't know about that E. Given that 'W' suffers from a similar disorder that inflicts WT, nothing AA does will ever be wrong. The only difference is that W is a mindless cheerleader whereas WT at least had the ability to grasp numbers (out of data bases) and fabricate winning metrics for DL.

Oh, just keep on loving the new AA management, Weasles. I'm sure they appreciate it.

Let's revisit this topic in 10 years or whenever AA comes back for concessions, whichever comes first... my guess is you might change your mind.

Still again. Lovin management, no. Lovin the business plan that guaranteed consolation of the last pieces of the puzzle for merger mania, yes. The Parker plan offered that guarantee where the Horton plan only guaranteed more of the same old way. And no one of any consequence to AA had any interest in continuing business as usual. Only the old management team wanted that.

But now you're backing off to 10 years? Maybe you're right? I never said anything of the sort could never happen again. Show me anywhere I did if you think so?

But reading between the lines what I gather from you is you very much disagree with the improvements we've received since the merger happened. Well too bad for you I guess since you're one of those individuals of little consequence. You don't work with us any longer and you do not matter.

I don't know about that E. Given that 'W' suffers from a similar disorder that inflicts WT, nothing AA does will ever be wrong. The only difference is that W is a mindless cheerleader whereas WT at least had the ability to grasp numbers (out of data bases) and fabricate winning metrics for DL.

I think the new AA has done wrong in spending so many Billions on share buybacks so early after coming out of BK. Low interest or not I think they should have spent more of that Capital on lowering debt instead.

But what do I know? I didn't go to Wharton Business and freely admit that.

But I've never liked the mathematical number crunching whiz kids anyway. You don't live in the real World. Just have your geeky little heads buried in those never ending metrics with your pocket protectors.

Last edited:
Another big Management shakeup announced today.

FORT WORTH, Texas, May 17, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- American Airlines announced today that Bev Goulet, Executive Vice President and Chief Integration Officer, will retire in June after 24 years with the company.

“Everyone at American Airlines has been positively impacted by the contributions of Bev Goulet, both today and into the future,” said Chairman and CEO Doug Parker. “In addition to her important work heading Corporate Development and Treasury, Bev was Chief Restructuring Officer for the industry’s most successful restructuring and Chief Integration Officer for the most seamless integration of two airlines in commercial aviation history. All of us who have worked with Bev are better people for having done so and our airline is now well-positioned for the future largely due to her commitment. We are grateful for Bev’s friendship and wish her the very best in her well-deserved retirement.”

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bev-goulet-retire-american-airlines-150000020.html

Uh, that's not a shakeup. Anyone who knew Bev understood when she was placed into the integration officer role that she'd retire from that position.

Her retirement leaves just Maya Liebman (CIO) as the only remaining EVP who originally came from AA. Since AA stopped publishing the names of senior VP's in the annual report, no idea how many still exist at that next level.

Uh, that's not a shakeup. Anyone who knew Bev understood when she was placed into the integration officer role that she'd retire from that position.

Her retirement leaves just Maya Liebman (CIO) as the only remaining EVP who originally came from AA. Since AA stopped publishing the names of senior VP's in the annual report, no idea how many still exist at that next level.

WOW E would you look at these praises and accolades.

Parker first worked with Pope when America West, which he headed, merged with US Airways in 2004, as US Airways emerged from its second bankruptcy. He recalled that Pope later told him, "I wanted to trust you but I couldn't."

"She said, 'the reason was the people at US Airways have been through so much,'" Parker said. "Terri and others like her had to work in an environment, at times, {where} they didn't have trust or faith in the leadership about where the company was headed. Terri made sure she protected {her employees} because that's what she cared about.

"Recently we have been working to try to figure out how best to transform this culture to a place where Terri would have taken it long ago," he said. "I'm pleased {that} she approves of where we are and what we're doing."

https://www.thestreet.com/story/141...ho-says-ceo-parker-had-to-earn-her-trust.html

Have you totally lost it??? Compassion, benefit , that time and coulter is long gone and can never be fostered again. It's always a good idea to have a set of rules that not only I, but the company must follow. Yea , Parker perhaps prefers the CWA .....Really?

Still again. Lovin management, no. Lovin the business plan that guaranteed consolation of the last pieces of the puzzle for merger mania, yes. The Parker plan offered that guarantee where the Horton plan only guaranteed more of the same old way. And no one of any consequence to AA had any interest in continuing business as usual. Only the old management team wanted that.

But reading between the lines what I gather from you is you very much disagree with the improvements we've received since the merger happened. Well too bad for you I guess since you're one of those individuals of little consequence. You don't work with us any longer and you do not matter.

W,

I don't expect you to understand why customers are not impressed by anything implemented at AA by Parker.
But have you ever asked yourself why DL and DL employees so vehemently objected to Parker and his brilliant business plan while they were in bankruptcy?

Spin away!