nwa strike

umech

Sep 19, 2003
i was in detroit this past weekend and i did not see any strikers picketting at the airport; is it over?
what is going on in msp area?
has nwa really busted the union?

Most are probably employed elsewhere by now. They have marketable skills and pride, confidence and courage enough in themselves to make a stand (unlike the other NWA workgroups). NWA's final offers was simply unacceptable.I'm sure most have decided NWA is not worth working for.

You couldn't pay me enough to work for an employer like Northwest Airlines. You reap what you sow. Now NW will get their just desserts. Good AMT's and Avionics Technicians will steer away from NW.

Once again proAMFA you are back peddling on the skills of the AMFA AMT's. During the strike they were the best of the best and now they are menial mechanics. It just so happens I met another AMFA Boy yesterday. He has 26 years in the industry and 18 of those with NWA. We were having issues with an aircraft and they called him over to assist in troubleshooting. He went back through all the tests that I performed and when that didn't do any good he took off in a direction I would have never dreamed of going. He found the problem with what I thought was relative ease. He crossed the line about a week ago and has settled in to the new environment here. I think he even likes the new upbeat attitude here.

Once again proAMFA you are back peddling on the skills of the AMFA AMT's. During the strike they were the best of the best and now they are menial mechanics. It just so happens I met another AMFA Boy yesterday. He has 26 years in the industry and 18 of those with NWA. We were having issues with an aircraft and they called him over to assist in troubleshooting. He went back through all the tests that I performed and when that didn't do any good he took off in a direction I would have never dreamed of going. He found the problem with what I thought was relative ease. He crossed the line about a week ago and has settled in to the new environment here. I think he even likes the new upbeat attitude here.

When did he say in his last post that they are just menial mechanics? And what do you mean by "During the strike they were the best of the best"? The strike is still on SCAB. AMFA AMT's were and still are some of the best, they're just sick of taking s**t from NWA.

If this weak-kneed S.O.B. you call an "AMFA Boy" found the problem with relative ease, why couldn't you? Is it because you're just a dirty menial SCAB mechanic?

i admire those fine men and women for standing up to the crooks of nwa. at least they stood up for what they believed was wrong doing on the part of nwa mgmt. now how long will it before the mgmt gets huge bonuses for their part? good luck to all the amfa folks

You reap what you sow. Now NW will get their just desserts. Good AMT's and Avionics Technicians will steer away from NW.
NWA will have the last laugh. Good AMT's and Avionics Technicians will find jobs with other companies. Since NW is outsourcing much of it's work, who do you think is going to be doing it. The strikers will become the scabs, as they find employment in other repair facilities. Sooner or later there will be some part destine to be added to a NW plane which gets worked on unbeknownst to the AMT. The part is fixed and the shipping dept sends it to NW and walla......the striker is a SCAB. :up: :lol: :lol:

i admire those fine men and women for standing up to the crooks of nwa. at least they stood up for what they believed was wrong doing on the part of nwa mgmt. now how long will it before the mgmt gets huge bonuses for their part? good luck to all the amfa folks

How long until they get their bonuses? According to the AMFA Local 33 website,they've already gotten them. Boy, they sure deserved them for f*****g over their employees and making them take paycuts. :angry:

Well I guess that just proves that some of the professionalism that he was exposed to rubbed off on him, unlike yourself.

All I can say Bob is that I am indeed learning, and having a helluva time doing it. As you well know I am a sheetmetal mechanic and I think I'm holding my own very well here. As a contractor when you screw up you are gone that day no questions asked. Just FYI, I have never been fired from a contract.

There was a rumor that all contractors will be gone this Tuesday. I got on the phone with the contract company to validate this. They are going to get rid of the contractors in two different groups. My name wasn't on the list for the first group, that means I'm doing something right here.

All I can say Bob is that I am indeed learning, and having a helluva time doing it. As you well know I am a sheetmetal mechanic and I think I'm holding my own very well here. As a contractor when you screw up you are gone that day no questions asked. Just FYI, I have never been fired from a contract.

There was a rumor that all contractors will be gone this Tuesday. I got on the phone with the contract company to validate this. They are going to get rid of the contractors in two different groups. My name wasn't on the list for the first group, that means I'm doing something right here.

Or you could just be in the next group SCAB.

That would be obvious Sherlock. Did you actually figure that out all by yourself or did a committee tell you that? The brain matter here is just explosive.

Thank you, I do think of myself as fairly intellegent. You however, are a moronic SCAB. And yes, I did figure it out by myself, it wasn't very hard. What I was getting at, is that just because your name isn't on the first list, doesn't mean you are doing something right.

One last question: does a SCAB brain trust sitting around you in your hotel room have to give you your one liners?

Back