nwa strike

It most certainly does. It is not unusual at all for companies to lay their contractors off in stages such as this. The remaining contractors are hand picked. This leaves the company with the most productive contractors to complete the contract. The contract house as no say as to who will stay or go it is totally up to the company.

No not at all. I can come up with a zinger without any help sometimes.

It most certainly does. It is not unusual at all for companies to lay their contractors off in stages such as this. The remaining contractors are hand picked. This leaves the company with the most productive contractors to complete the contract. The contract house as no say as to who will stay or go it is totally up to the company.

No not at all. I can come up with a zinger without any help sometimes.

SOMETIMES. I also dont understand why you give other people so much crap about one liners when you use them all the time too.

And.....so you're being hand picked by the company for a few more days????

Come on Saabmeister, look at the amount of bashing that goes on here. I am simply operating in an environment that you guys set up. Look at NH/BB, Big E and DEAD BIRD just to name a few. You can only ignore them for so long before you have to throw a few of your own out there. It's just that some take it to an extreme.

Here is a neat little note for you,

We were setting up to marshal in an aircraft when the rampers came out all pissed off. Dude was yelling and letting me know what a worthless Scab I was. He got really confused when I told him he was a Scab, a Union Scab at that and had no business arguing who was going to do struck work. He says that it is better for a union worker to do it than a Scab. :lol: Boy you union folk don't know who or what you are anymore. As I said before soon the word Scab will be banned from the industry.

"Hey look at him he's an S-WORD." :lol:

How’s that for a one liner?

Come on Saabmeister, look at the amount of bashing that goes on here. I am simply operating in an environment that you guys set up. Look at NH/BB, Big E and DEAD BIRD just to name a few. You can only ignore them for so long before you have to throw a few of your own out there. It's just that some take it to an extreme.

Here is a neat little note for you,

We were setting up to marshal in an aircraft when the rampers came out all pissed off. Dude was yelling and letting me know what a worthless Scab I was. He got really confused when I told him he was a Scab, a Union Scab at that and had no business arguing who was going to do struck work. He says that it is better for a union worker to do it than a Scab. :lol: Boy you union folk don't know who or what you are anymore. As I said before soon the word Scab will be banned from the industry.

He's right. I thought you were a sheetmetal worker? Why the hell are you doing performing someone else's job? Even if they are a SCAB?

How's that for a one-liner? A pretty bad one. You cant ban a word. It will always be,

"Hey look at him. He's a FU**ING SCAB!"

Are you saying that there are different levels of scabs? Lets take a closer look at this, is a scab a scab or are there situations out there that makes it ok to be a scab. How should they be rated and treated in the work industry. I will make a list of the types of scabs that I see here you guys make the decision.

1. Scab: A temporary worker that crosses a picket line to perform struck work.

2. Scab: A temporary worker that crosses a picket line to perform struck work then becomes a permanent employee of the company.

3. Scab: A union member that crossed the picket line the first day to perform struck work.

4. Scab: A union member that walked the picket line then later crossed it to perform struck work.

5. Scab: A union member that belongs to another work group but performs struck work.

6. Scab: A employee of a third party vendor that performs struck work for a craft that has been totally outsourced. (In this case would be cleaners and custodians.)

7. Scab: A worker at an outsource facility that is performing struck work.

8. Scab: A manager that became a manger just before a strike with the intent of supporting the company during the strike.

Is a scab a scab or are there indeed acceptable circumstances that justify performing struck work?

Are you saying that there are different levels of scabs? Lets take a closer look at this, is a scab a scab or are there situations out there that makes it ok to be a scab. How should they be rated and treated in the work industry. I will make a list of the types of scabs that I see here you guys make the decision.

1. Scab: A temporary worker that crosses a picket line to perform struck work.

2. Scab: A temporary worker that crosses a picket line to perform struck work then becomes a permanent employee of the company.

3. Scab: A union member that crossed the picket line the first day to perform struck work.

4. Scab: A union member that walked the picket line then later crossed it to perform struck work.

5. Scab: A union member that belongs to another work group but performs struck work.

6. Scab: A employee of a third party vendor that performs struck work for a craft that has been totally outsourced. (In this case would be cleaners and custodians.)

7. Scab: A worker at an outsource facility that is performing struck work.

8. Scab: A manager that became a manger just before a strike with the intent of supporting the company during the strike.

Is a scab a scab or are there indeed acceptable circumstances that justify performing struck work?

Can't you read? I said he was a SCAB, and a SCAB is a SCAB, and in my opinion there is no justification for performing struck work. I just said that it was his job, not yours, and what qualifications do you have to perform his job?

Marshalling in an A/C is covered under the IAM CBA, and was not performed by AMFA members prior to the 20th of Aug. This was not struck work, and you had no business stepping in to do it. Please educate yourself before blathering on any more here.

No kev, you are wrong that job was performed by the mechanics before the strike and was turned over to the rampers at the beginning of the strike. They had trained before the strike, another one of NWA's strategies to prepare for this. Sorry Kev but no blathering going on here.

Saabmiester, If they don't want to do the job then we will.

Marshalling in an A/C is covered under the IAM CBA, and was not performed by AMFA members prior to the 20th of Aug. This was not struck work, and you had no business stepping in to do it. Please educate yourself before blathering on any more here.

Kev3188, I apologize about my comment. I was unsure about who marshalled aircraft, and I blindly beleved the SCAB. My main point was two-fold: anyone who perfoms struck work is a SCAB, period, and what business does PTO have, being a sheetmetal mechanic, what business does he have marshalling in aircraft OR doing someone else's job.

Kev3188 is correct. Marshalling aircraft has not been mechanics work at NWA for many years and that work has been performed by the ESEs represented by the IAM.

NWA/AMT and Kev, I stand corrected. It is indeed the ESEs/Rampers that have handled the marshalling of aircraft. It is the pushbacks that they are scabbing. I am sure you guys knew this but decided not to mention that because you are embarrassed about being scabbed by your union brothers. Regardless we can and will do both jobs if necessary.

Saabmiester, I am a Scab, remember? I can do anyone’s job I want.

NWA/AMT and Kev, I stand corrected. It is indeed the ESEs/Rampers that have handled the marshalling of aircraft. It is the pushbacks that they are scabbing. I am sure you guys knew this but decided not to mention that because you are embarrassed about being scabbed by your union brothers. Regardless we can and will do both jobs if necessary.

Saabmiester, I am a Scab, remember? I can do anyone’s job I want.

Pushbacks weren't mentioned because we were discussing marshalling. Remember? I know it can be hard for you to stay focused.

The topic of dispatching aircraft at NWA has been discussed on other threads ad nauseum (including between you and I). Feel free to do a search of my previous posts if you can't remember where I stand on the issue.

Embarrassed? Not here.

Pushbacks weren't mentioned because we were discussing marshalling. Remember? I know it can be hard for you to stay focused.

The topic of dispatching aircraft at NWA has been discussed on other threads ad nauseum (including between you and I). Feel free to do a search of my previous posts if you can't remember where I stand on the issue.

Embarrassed? Not here.

Embarrassed? Hardly.

I'd certainly rather see them doing it that some scab.

So NWA/AMT. do you condone the actions of the rampers performing struck work? Is it true that a scab is a scab or is there acceptable levels of scabs? Either you hate them all or you sympathize with others? Saabmiester seems to think the rampers are scabs you call them "they" instead of scabs so do tell us why you think they are not scabs.

So NWA/AMT. do you condone the actions of the rampers performing struck work? Is it true that a scab is a scab or is there acceptable levels of scabs? Either you hate them all or you sympathize with others? Saabmiester seems to think the rampers are scabs you call them "they" instead of scabs so do tell us why you think they are not scabs.

Condone? No. I think their leaders are delusional if they thought they would be keeping that work, but I also know that had they refused to do the work they would have been fired. They did not go looking for opportunities to become a scab, a difference I doubt you would understand.

Back