Profit Sharing 2018

CONGRATS to all at DAL, UAL, and AA for PS numbers. I know AA hasn't posted as of yet but it does appear they will post positive news soon. Not sure what ours will be this year but looking forward to it.
Does anyone have a breakdown of the %'s? I see Kev. is guesstimating 14% for them at Delta. That's fantastic!
Anyone know UAL's %?
I will post ours when we get the memo from Tammy.

I’ve already begun gearing people up for a great disappointment once again. Possibly close to $1000 before taxes for a TOS FSC.
Dave, you will never have to gear me up for disappointment. I agree, I will never endorse an agreement that does not address this like the other major carriers do. Take it away completely so no one has any expectations, but this is a kick in the nuts.

Dave, you will never have to gear me up for disappointment. I agree, I will never endorse an agreement that does not address this like the other major carriers do. Take it away completely so no one has any expectations, but this is a kick in the nuts.

At the beginning of this merger Roadshow Doug Parker stated that he wanted to pay us 7% above the top paid group out there between Delta and United. His comment was that he didn’t think Profit Sharing was the right way for us to be compensated.

Even then I knew that he only wanted to pay us that way because they knew Industry Profits would exceed the cost of that 7% in wages.

If you look at the times in these two postings aren’t you contradicting yourself?

Yesterday at 8:20 AM you say it was posted at 7:00 AM and then at 10:06 AM you come back and say you see nothing there? I’m puzzled?

And all of your Compensation is both a return of revenue and a windfall since you have no Employment Agreement that Legally requires the Company you work for to share anything with you outside of the Federal or State Minimum wage.

Again congratulations on your Windfall.

CONGRATS to all at DAL, UAL, and AA for PS numbers. I know AA hasn't posted as of yet but it does appear they will post positive news soon. Not sure what ours will be this year but looking forward to it.
Does anyone have a breakdown of the %'s? I see Kev. is guesstimating 14% for them at Delta. That's fantastic!
Anyone know UAL's %?
I will post ours when we get the memo from Tammy.

You posted on here yesterday that DL was telling people 14% on Monday. Your source at the time WAS A COMMENT TO ME ON FACEBOOK.

At roughly 0300 yesterday, I responded here that it was NOT posted anywhere on the DL employee website, and double checked before I did.

At 0700 yesterday, they announced it. It’s now plastered all over the place.

Better?

And it’s not a windfall; we earn it.

Last edited:
You posted on here yesterday that DL was telling people 14% on Monday. Your source at the time WAS A COMMENT TO ME ON FACEBOOK.

At roughly 0300 yesterday, I responded here that it was NOT posted anywhere on the DL employee website, and double checked before I did.

Better?

What makes you think I ran off a comment to you on Facebook? Maybe I have a banker friend on the inside at Delta who told me.

You shouldn’t assume the World revolves around you.

And all of your Compensation is both a return of revenue and a windfall since you have no Employment Agreement that Legally requires the Company you work for to share anything with you outside of the Federal or State Minimum wage.

Again congratulations on your Windfall.

Your words:

Your own fellow employees told you yesterday that it was on the front page of DeltaNet

Literally one FB comment, and you happened to read it. That’s all. Don’t be mad when I point things out, and stop letting my intelligence/knowledge of the industry initimidate you. We’re on the same team.

Your words:

Literally one FB comment, and you happened to read it. That’s all. Don’t be mad when I point things out, and stop letting my intelligence/knowledge of the industry initimidate you. We’re on the same team.

Actually I’m friends with old Worldtraveler and he was the one who called to tell me about the 14%

Actually I did read earlier today and saw you use the word “Excellent” when someone confirmed to you that you were getting 14%. And that was before your AM Delta News Flash.

Anyway I’m just busting your chops man. Yea I saw it on your FB Group page and more than one were saying it was on your Deltanet. So sue me for flying with it.

I’m not sure we’re on the same team honestly Kev? I think you get too distracted with all the BS instead of concentrating on what should be your main focus. A Legally enforceable “Labor Agreement”

Better?

Actually, I could care less where it came from. The simple fact is, it's great news anytime anyone gets a big PS sharing check. And I also agree with you that it is earned, not a gimme...

I’ve already begun gearing people up for a great disappointment once again. Possibly close to $1000 before taxes for a TOS FSC.

sounds about right, could be a bit less.

aa says 5% of pre-tax, but it's not all at a right angle. $2.2 billion pre-tax profit so far in 2018 says we should have $110 million aside, but aa is at $135 million after 3 quarters.

earnings next week. i expect us to handily beat estimates, solely due to jet fuel...aa will warn about weak fares in q1'19...rinse, repeat.

UAL mechanics are getting 2.77 % Big woopie. 334 million profit sharing out of 2.1 Billion Profit.

The yes voters on the contract we have now are the reason that mechanics arent getting 5.55% like the pilots are getting this year.

3 years ago the mechanics and pilots got 13.3%

UAL mechanics are getting 2.77 % Big woopie. 334 million profit sharing out of 2.1 Billion Profit.

The yes voters on the contract we have now are the reason that mechanics arent getting 5.55% like the pilots are getting this year.

3 years ago the mechanics and pilots got 13.3%

That is about 2x what AA will be getting.

2 times my ass!! Delta mechanic is getting about 19K$ EhEh mechanic will be lucky to get 2K pennies!!!! 16 years of nothing but a wasted career.

I was replying to the poster referencing the UAL payout. UALs 2.77% is about double what we will see at LAA imho

I was replying to the poster referencing the UAL payout. UALs 2.77% is about double what we will see at LAA imho
Pretty sure he was posting about a single mechanic was getting that. For a mech at Delta to get about 19,000 in PS with a 14% check, he would have to do more than 135,000 for year 2018. Not saying it can't be done, but that is one person not anywhere close to an average by any means. Pretty sure an average would be more like 10k-14k. At any rate, these are great PS numbers to get excited about imo. Congrats to all the employees for their well deserved PS checks...

Latest posts

Back