Really?

The flight attendants did have a sympathy clause and chose not to walk. I don't know about the pilots but they could have done more than they did. Then there is the beloved IAM, which I have the feeling operates much like the TWU, that jumped at the opportunity to perform struck work.
Yes NHBB, there it still is. The contract scabs pulled off the impossible. I guess it goes to show you any monkey can turn a wrench. What do you think it is going to be like when Ken replaces all the trained A&P's with untrained AMT's.
...and you NHBB are one of those that claim to be a hard core union man but would be the first one to cross a picket line. Now don't you have some Grandstand cheerleading to do?
PTO,
Don't you have anything better to do with your time than to come on here and try to stir the pot.I mean, you no longer work in the airline industry yet you feel compelled to come on here just to stir the pot. Why do you care? Your no longer "in the game". Or is it that you just like to be the Biggest "Grandstand Cheerleader" on this board? Hypocrite!!! :down:

As for NHBB's, You couldn't be any further from the truth. But he on the other hand is dead on about you because something smells really bad and I think it's the smell of a Dirty Puss filled Diarrhea Scab. :p

Yet another union member who cheered this strike on from the grandstands. Not only that but sucked up a TA and is now scrabbling for the so called scraps Steenland is tossing around. Then she comes here to cry about it. She claims union solidarity yet she scrambled aboard scab maintained aircraft on a regular basis licking the managers boots on the way.
:lol: You're like one of those evil spirits that go around posess people and provoke others.
Who's cryin? Mistah "I got the most posts with the shortest amount of time" -ya bored or somethin'
?

;) I do my duty to help out the AMT people by calling the whistleblower hotline whenever possible.
Nice try pal.
:lol: No matter how hard you try, you still: SUCK.

PTO,
Don't you have anything better to do with your time than to come on here and try to stir the pot.
Stir the pot? How is stating the facts stirring the pot? Tell us RTB were you really proud of the way the other unions came running to AMFA's aid? I will give credit where credit is due and that will go to the UAW. Those guys stood by AMFA but there was nothing they could do. Had the other unions supported AMFA like them guys NWA wouldn't have stood a chance. Had AMFA members had the solidarity that the UAW Boys did it might have come out a bit different. I was really impressed with the amount of people that showed up from the UAW at the Crystal Gardens Rally. They far outnumbered the AMFA Boys.

I mean, you no longer work in the airline industry yet you feel compelled to come on here just to stir the pot. Why do you care? Your no longer "in the game".
How does that slogan go? "Once a Scab always a scab."? Don't forget I am still a contractor. I work on all kinds of airline's aircraft.

Or is it that you just like to be the Biggest "Grandstand Cheerleader" on this board? Hypocrite!!! :down:
If you really believe stating the simple facts is cheerleading then go ahead.

As for NHBB's, You couldn't be any further from the truth. But he on the other hand is dead on about you because something smells really bad and I think it's the smell of a Dirty Puss filled Diarrhea Scab. :p
Have you read the Exnwa posts? There is a lot of guys that crossed that were hard core unionist. You can never tell what someone will do until they are put in that position.

;) I do my duty to help out the AMT people by calling the whistleblower hotline whenever possible.

Exactly what do you report to the "whistleblower hotline"?
Let me guess..."Hello Mr. Whistleblower Hotline. We are on AC 9999 and the deactivated hot plate will not work. We have asked the scabs to fix it but they simply refuse to and are going to dispatch the aircraft."

Play the Odds you are my hero, finally someone has the guts to take on the union supporters.

Unions are no different than management. They are only in it for themselves. The world has changed. Unions are outdated and have little place in today's America.

I support what you have done!

Exactly what do you report to the "whistleblower hotline"?
Let me guess..."Hello Mr. Whistleblower Hotline. We are on AC 9999 and the deactivated hot plate will not work. We have asked the scabs to fix it but they simply refuse to and are going to dispatch the aircraft."
Well they actually meet the plane and look at the books. Really cool. I encourage people to use it.

Hey everybody! Look! PTO has added yet another to his arsenal of alter egos. Hooray!

:D Luckily, there are people like PTO in this world who stand up for what's just, as well as economically smart for Northwest and other airlines!

Unionism will not save Northwest, it will only continue to cripple the airline for decades to come!

Hey everybody! Look! PTO has added yet another to his arsenal of alter egos. Hooray!
I am not so sure what to think about Line Crosser1. Future posts will tell. For now though I am leaning towards a unionist alter ego who loves unions but hates what they have become. Probably a usual poster here setting up a baiting operation. Or possibly a legit poster who knows? I wonder if the moderator or administrator would be so kind to help us out with this one?

Line Crosser1, What line did you cross, when and where, what zone do you work? If you do not feel comfortable posting that info here PM me. I don't see why you can't answer a few of the questions here though.

I am not so sure what to think about Line Crosser1. Future posts will tell. For now though I am leaning towards a unionist alter ego who loves unions but hates what they have become. Probably a usual poster here setting up a baiting operation. Or possibly a legit poster who knows? I wonder if the moderator or administrator would be so kind to help us out with this one?

Line Crosser1, What line did you cross, when and where, what zone do you work? If you do not feel comfortable posting that info here PM me. I don't see why you can't answer a few of the questions here though.

I don't work for Northwest nor have I crossed a line recently, rather I observe airlines. And, from what I have seen over the past five years is not favorable when it comes to unions. They do not have the employee's interest in mind and never have.

Northwest is of special interest due to the hard line unionism that is rampent throughout the system.

I don't work for Northwest nor have I crossed a line recently, rather I observe airlines. And, from what I have seen over the past five years is not favorable when it comes to unions. They do not have the employee's interest in mind and never have.

Northwest is of special interest due to the hard line unionism that is rampent throughout the system.

Another PTO? Oh no...

I don't work for Northwest nor have I crossed a line recently, rather I observe airlines.
Fair enough, if you don't mind me asking what is your occupation and what line did you cross in the past?

And, from what I have seen over the past five years is not favorable when it comes to unions.
No, it is not a favorable situation at all. I think even most unionist here agree but they think weak and pathetic representation is better than none at all.

They do not have the employee's interest in mind and never have.

I agree and disagree on this point. I would not go so far as to say never. Long ago unions had their place and all though they were corrupt and some people got very rich off of the members they still took care of the members first. Had this strike taken place forty or fifty years ago I don't think NWA would have stood a chance. As far as today’s unions are concerned you are correct, unions do not have the members interest in mind. I have asked several times where all of AMFA's money went. How can you collect dues for years from thousands of members and be absolutely broke. Hell the UAW apparently had a surplus of money to the point they were able to give it away to a union that isn't even in their industry.

Once again I must semi-disagree. You are correct about the self-proclaimed solidarity a member has towards his/her union. The breakdown though is that there is no solidarity or even a hint of cooperation between unions and this is their ultimate weakness/downfall. There is something seriously wrong when a union and it's members happily not only cross a picket line but jumps at the opportunity to perform struck work.

unions are in there to protect people from the most inept people of all--mngmnt GET THAT THrU THE THICK HEAD MGMNT is the biggest enemy as are the low down dirty rotten smelly things like you pto. great just what we need another skunky smelling rodent scab