Teamsters "raiding" TWU?

Actually, I like Rich and most of the old IAM guard that are now IBT. When they were IAM they did a pretty good job of representing us. No doubt they are doing the same under the IBT.

What they did or didn't do under AMFA disappointed me. They did everything they could to undermine AMFA and not participate. They had the respect of many of us and if they tried for any AMFA position, I am sure they would have been voted in.

I understand their feelings and they took it as a personal attack as if they failed. They didn't fail, the IAM failed.

IIRC, NWA had a similar experience with their IAM officers. Some of the first to cross the picket line were the ex-IAM local president and chairman.

I also have no doubt that if the AA M&R vote in AMFA that they will experience the same thing from the TWU officers and probably reinstate the amfanuts.com web blog.

I didn't appreciate the BS from the IBT during the UA IBT drive.
The same BS they are spouting on their AA drive.

Yes, I am no longer on UA property and not affiliated with AMFA.
Yet you are not at AA but promote the IBT here.
What is your agenda?

Kick me in the balls if I am wrong. I can take it!
Take Care,
B) xUT

The guy standing is Rich Petrovsky , UAL appointed BA.
The hangers being built in EWR are for the 787 while hangers at SFO remain empty.
Good Job Rich!
Ask Rich why UAL M&R are on on furlough while CAL is hiring off the street.
B) xUT

I based my statement from your quote above. Your post seemed to imply negatively towards Rich which lead to my pre4sumptions that you had an issue with him.

My apologies if I was incorrect.

My agenda? Same as all of you who are tired of the unanswered BS written on this board and have no dog in this fight. Whether it is incorrect facts, or outright lies, you all jump at the chance to discredit or prove someone wrong when the post challenges your positions in supporting AMFA. After reading this site for a long time I noticed very few were willing to refute the AMFA rhetoric. I decided to sign up even after realizing it would be a very unpopular position on these boards.

So why me?

For years I naively believed everything I was told about AMFA expecting a night and day difference between the two types of unions. I supported, campaigned and donated money to bring them to UA. What I experienced was something completely different and I have spent the last several months explaining this over and over again.

My experience may not be the same as yours on this board, but as we are no longer with AMFA it should be obvious that I was not the only one who thought this way.

This is my agenda. To hopefully convince all those silent readers that desires and dreams do not always equate to reality and successes. Nobody explained the failures of the association to me, and when I discovered them first hand after expecting so much better, perhaps I turned a little more bitter than most. Bitter enough to spend my time arguing these positions over and over again here in this arena. Despite over 400 negative clicks to my reputation counter, I still hope to prevent other disappointments...or worse. Nobody asked me, nobody is paying me to be here. If either IBT or TWU win then I will consider my time a success. AA mechanics will do better staying where they are rather than shifting to AMFA. This is my opinion.

How much do we have to raise for you to go fishing again cause I'm almost sure we could get enough for you to fish for a couple of months. Just saying a hole

I had the teamsters tools come to my house Saturday, to bad I wasn't home they left a door hanger would have loved to give them a big hell no

How much do we have to raise for you to go fishing again cause I'm almost sure we could get enough for you to fish for a couple of months. Just saying a hole

Come on seriously little man? You are anonymous on the internet over 1733 miles away and you are still so afraid of me you have to start name calling? This kind of thing just shows the rest of us what you and lineguy43 (post #205) are really made of. More than anything else, this is what you can expect to get from the amfa leadership. Foul mouthed tuff talkers who do nothing when the company is around. Then it is all smiles and cooperation.

Tell the truth i luv aa, you were hiding behind the couch peeking out the curtains when those scary Teamsters came knocking at your door, weren't you?

That guy who pumps his chest and says "if only I had been home...." is that same little kitty to say "I would have kicked his butt if my friends weren't holding me back" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We all know guys like you, so don't go off the deep and and start sweating this post too. I'm just playin' with you.

If your serious about that trip....what the hell, I'm in. As a matter of fact, I'll go if you only pay for half.

Come on seriously little man? You are anonymous on the internet over 1733 miles away and you are still so afraid of me you have to start name calling? This kind of thing just shows the rest of us what you and lineguy43 (post #205) are really made of. More than anything else, this is what you can expect to get from the amfa leadership. Foul mouthed tuff talkers who do nothing when the company is around. Then it is all smiles and cooperation.

Tell the truth i luv aa, you were hiding behind the couch peeking out the curtains when those scary Teamsters came knocking at your door, weren't you?

That guy who pumps his chest and says "if only I had been home...." is that same little kitty to say "I would have kicked his butt if my friends weren't holding me back" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We all know guys like you, so don't go off the deep and and start sweating this post too. I'm just playin' with you.

If your serious about that trip....what the hell, I'm in. As a matter of fact, I'll go if you only pay for half.
I'd guess they were more insecure for whatever reason. Glad your trip went well my friend.

The IBT did approach the company with a request to hire furloughed employees first. The company agreed, but I hear that there are few takers if any. UA mechanics have been furloughed for quite a while and I am guessing that by now they have all found other jobs. Even if not, who would want to start over in pay doing the same thing that you did before? The company could hire the UA mechanic at his former wage to allow for the experience, but the CO agreement has language (article 15 C 4) that would essentially bump up the pay to anyone with less seniority to the same thing. In other words, if the company hires a UA mechanic and pays him at the top rate, they will have to increase the pay of all others in the classification senior to him. Since he/she would start with ONE day of class seniority, this would effectively wipe out their scaled wages and I doubt they will do that just to hire a UA mechanic.

I would like a link to this please.

We have been briefed by Shop Steward, Chief Steward, and by Clacy Griswold at a craft meeting that all sCAL management would agree to was offering furloughed UAL mechanics the ability to interview for open positions.

I would like a link to this please.

We have been briefed by Shop Steward, Chief Steward, and by Clacy Griswold at a craft meeting that all sCAL management would agree to was offering furloughed UAL mechanics the ability to interview for open positions.

My post came from information from both Chris Carrick, and Joe Ferreria. Both of these high level management representatives have been answering mechanic questions about the subject from many stations including right here at SFOMM.

If you want a link, I can offer one to the group you support and gather all your false information regarding the Teamsters. However, the rest of you might want to consider this ramp union source. TSH, I cant understand why you want us to return control to the baggage handlers, and why you want us to go 10 steps backward? You confuse me. You are a mechanic right??

http://www.mechanicsforchange.com/files/fliers_37.pdf

My post came from information from both Chris Carrick, and Joe Ferreria. Both of these high level management representatives have been answering mechanic questions about the subject from many stations including right here at SFOMM.

If you want a link, I can offer one to the group you support and gather all your false information regarding the Teamsters. However, the rest of you might want to consider this ramp union source. TSH, I cant understand why you want us to return control to the baggage handlers, and why you want us to go 10 steps backward? You confuse me. You are a mechanic right??

http://www.mechanics...s/fliers_37.pdf

Wow...

So let me get this straight, you're suggesting I should believe UAL management over my teamster representatives, on matters concerning Mechanic furloughees?

As for the IAM, I believe I stated rather clearly in our exchanges earlier that I signed Both IAM & AMFA cards.....YES, I'd dump the teamsters to go back to either one.

Funny that you label them a "ramp union" source....weren't the teamsters just trying to win a representation election to control the very same rampers?

As to all my "false information about the teamsters" Okay, name some, specific FALSE information about the ibt, I have taken from that site.

At least you took the high ground and showed your integrity... View attachment 9568
B)

Wow...

So let me get this straight, you're suggesting I should believe UAL management over my teamster representatives, on matters concerning Mechanic furloughees?

As for the IAM, I believe I stated rather clearly in our exchanges earlier that I signed Both IAM & AMFA cards.....YES, I'd dump the teamsters to go back to either one.

Funny that you label them a "ramp union" source....weren't the teamsters just trying to win a representation election to control the very same rampers?

As to all my "false information about the teamsters" Okay, name some, specific FALSE information about the ibt, I have taken from that site.

I am suggesting nothing. I asked the company if there were any plans to accommodate UA furloughed mechanics to CO stations that are currently hiring. You have their answer.

IAM and AMFA combined to create the other group you support. Mechanics for change is a typical campaigning machine ready and willing to twist any issue in order to gain support. In the end, you know most of the crap on their site is BS, as well as your rubbish that there is an active campaign at UA stations. Even the Denver website moderator wrote a while back that the UA mechanics have lost interest in a card collection drive.

I have grown to respect you to some degree, but it is hard to respect the source of many of your quotes and sources of information. The IAM and AMFA banning together after years of fighting one another simply to gain back the full time positions they lost is ..... beyond words. It is stupid to think that any in this group would have any kind of credibility after jumping sides. It would be like TWU Informer fighting for a full time TWU position should the Teamsters win an election. It just makes no sense.

http://www.mechanicsforchange.com/article_01_ual_mechanics_take_action.shtml

You do good on finding information and correcting mine on your own. Why turn to this confused and degrading group?

I am suggesting nothing. I asked the company if there were any plans to accommodate UA furloughed mechanics to CO stations that are currently hiring. You have their answer.

IAM and AMFA combined to create the other group you support. Mechanics for change is a typical campaigning machine ready and willing to twist any issue in order to gain support. In the end, you know most of the crap on their site is BS, as well as your rubbish that there is an active campaign at UA stations. Even the Denver website moderator wrote a while back that the UA mechanics have lost interest in a card collection drive.

I have grown to respect you to some degree, but it is hard to respect the source of many of your quotes and sources of information. The IAM and AMFA banning together after years of fighting one another simply to gain back the full time positions they lost is ..... beyond words. It is stupid to think that any in this group would have any kind of credibility after jumping sides. It would be like TWU Informer fighting for a full time TWU position should the Teamsters win an election. It just makes no sense.

http://www.mechanics...ke_action.shtml

You do good on finding information and correcting mine on your own. Why turn to this confused and degrading group?

So just to be clear, on the subject of UAL furloughees, you're trusting in UAL managements answer? This is a question, not a statement.

As for the IAM & AMFA and their campaigns, your observation is misleading, and in point of fact wrong.

IAM and AMFA did not combine to create any group, there are and have been two distinct campaigns on UAL - one IAM - one AMFA.

Are there former AMFA members and reps involved in the IAM drive? Yes. Just as there are former IAM members that never participated in AMFA, and ibt reps and organizers that once supported the teamsters but no longer.

The same can be said of the AMFA drive.

To balance that, I acknowledge there are ALSO former AMFA reps and officers that have taken up positions within the teamsters.

All that said, I freely admit when I first heard about the IAM drive I laughed....literally. However, when the ibt continued to break the promises they made to win representation here at UAL, coupled with what I consider lackluster representation at best, I re-examined what the IAM drive was about.

(with all respect, please do not cite the new CBA as a ibt accomplishment, I know you feel it is a leap forward, I for one disagree and believe we surrendered more contractually than we received wage/benefit restorations)

You've been to the site so I'll state it simply. If we went back to the IAM, it wouldn't be returning to the same situation we left.

The IAM has made assurances - in writing - pertaining to the formation of a REAL mechanics district and separate mechanic locals, not a repeat of D141-M. Boiler plate bylaws have already been approved by the Transportation Division and they include many of the things we ( the UAL mechanics ) had found the IAM lacking in ie; elections for all positions at the District & Local levels, recall language, electronic balloting, just to name a few.

While all this was in the works, I still didn't sign an IAM card until I had a face to face discussion with two members of the IAM Grand Lodge, after a lengthy, sometimes heated discussion, I signed.

While I believe AMFA is better for mechanics in general, due to my experience with the ibt I would vote for the IAM with the changes they have made, if it comes to that.

As for the information pulled from the IAM site, I think you're reading way to much into it.

Its simply convenient. While there are several places to pull up NMB, RLA & CBA as well as Case Law info, certain items related to former campaigns of the teamsters/IAM/AMFA are no longer carried on active websites.

I do give them big props over the ibt (and in some cases even AMFA) for their material, for while they do lead off with their Mechanics for Change pieces, for the most part, they also attach back up corroborating documents to support their various positions.

JMHO

Latest posts

Back